Friendship vs. Temple

Geno

Let me chime in here and remind the Temple fans that Seth is a great athlete and also remind the fans that Seth has been called for offensive pass interference a number of times thorughout the season. Other refs definitely felt he crossed some lines there in the past. Friday's game was riddled with penalties. One thing that I am aware of is that the whole missed call scenario tends to go both ways. There is no way the officials can see everything that goes on and I am confident that if the official saw it, he would definitely have called it. We can complain about referees all we want but the mentality for both teams really should be to not even let it be close enough of a call, regardless. Rarely, if ever, do officials determine the outcome of a game. One person can say that a missed call cost a game, and the other side can say the same. It is like a perpetual motion machine, there is no end.

Good point. That wasn't the only missed call. Both sides got their share. That one stood out because it resulted in a TD. Others in TC favor may have changed the game too. You just never know. The difference is I wasn't really on either side this time, just an interested observer and if anything actually a slight Temple lean :thumb: . Just pointing out what I saw.

Edited by zonepirate

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may slow him and Temple down but they won't shut them down. FC is good but Temple will match up pretty well. Some TC fans said the same thing and see what happened? FC didn't shut down Gordonsville either and Temple has a few more weapons than Gordonsville. Of course I think G'villes defense is better than Temples so it may be a matter of who can score the most, just like Temple - TC.

Seems like the same things we heard about some "supposedly" great receiver last year named Antonio Robinson and his wonderful team at S. Pitt. We listened all year about how he was unstoppable because of his speed, size, and strength. He was talented, his team was good, but they ran into a more than capable opponent from REGION 4. He had 1 td pass on a trick play and 1 td reception (on a terrible call) and other than that SP was silenced at home by the young Commanders.

So Zonepirate don't over-hype your regions players please. I'm sure that Temple has many weapons. I'm sure Skogen deserves his accolades. They are in Round 3 of the playoffs and you don't get there on luck. I'm sure they are well coached or they wouldn't be where they are in just 4 years. I'm sure they will come to Lebanon intent on winning. As for Temple having more weapons than G-ville it seems to me that G-ville more than handled SPitt just like TEMPLE (even with your fans sitting behind the pirates in the stands :D). If I were a pirate fan I'd be careful what I said about G-ville's lack of weapons after the beating they laid on you in Round 1.

However, FC has a few weapons as well. You saw most of them last year (although some were just 8th graders and sophomores) and I'm sure you remember the results at Beane Stadium in Round 2. This year those FC weapons are a year older, stronger, and more experienced. FC's coaches are not new to the playoffs and prepared their young team last year very well for their 3rd round matchup with eventual state champ TC (losing 28-21 not by 40 as TEMPLE did). They will be equally prepared for TEMPLE and their high powered O this year. Don't be surprised to see a few of the FC players that usually go only 1 way playing both sides of the ball this weekend.

By the way FC will come ready to play 4 quarters on FRI Nite !!!

Edited by 1A FAN

Slick Rick says no way Little Gutty. Slick Rick will make Little Gutty bow down or he will drop a duece in his lap at the game.

Gut Wrench Gary says the only place Slick Rick will be dropping a deuce is in the port-a-john or in the back of Slick Zone Pirates Red Dodge. Gut Wrench Gary says Slick Rick better stay on the Sader side of the field. If Slick Rick comes over to the Commander side, Gut Wrench Gary and the Possumtowner will lock Slick Rick up in his own personal port-a-toilet.

Edited by GUT WRENCH GARY

Slicky Ricky........there were only 2500 there for the FCS/Gordonsville game and the place was packed.......Unless Temple is bringing 2500 with them (I think not) it won't even match Friday's game....

We'll have a special port a john there for you with your name on it. Hopefully you'll go in there and stay til the game is over.

I know yall have the ticket stubs. But hey it looked like more than 2500 to me. It sounded like a lot more for sure.

Seems like the same things we heard about some "supposedly" great receiver last year named Antonio Robinson and his wonderful team at S. Pitt. We listened all year about how he was unstoppable because of his speed, size, and strength. He was talented, his team was good, but they ran into a more than capable opponent from REGION 4.

So Zonepirate don't over-hype your regions players please. I'm sure that Temple has many weapons. I'm sure Skogen deserves his accolades. They are in Round 3 of the playoffs and you don't get there on luck. I'm sure they are well coached or they wouldn't be where they are in just 4 years. I'm sure they will come to Lebanon intent on winning.

As for Temple having more weapons than G-ville it seems to me that G-ville more than handled SPitt (even with your fans sitting behind them in the stands :D ))However, FC has a few weapons as well. You saw most of them last year and I'm sure you remember the results at Beane Stadium. This year they are a year older and more experienced. FC's coaches are not new to the playoffs and prepared their young team last year very well for their 3rd round matchup with eventual state champ TC (losing 28-21 not by 40 as TEMPLE did). They will be equally prepared for TEMPLE and their high powered O this year. Don't be surprised to see a few of the FC players that usually go only 1 way playing both sides of the ball this weekend.

No over-hyping anyone. You need to reread my post. Just responding to someone who said FC would shut him down. Do you honestly believe they will shut him down? Do you honestly believe FC can shut Temple down???

G'ville and Temple both handed us our butts. I do have the the perspective of having watch SP play both teams, having watched TC-Temple and having seen FC-G'ville on film. There won't be one team shutting the other down.

BTW just what does last year have to do with this year??? B)

I'm beginning to see why FC is so hated in region 4 B)

Seth pushing off: First of all on the touchdown there was no push off at all, not even an issue, the tape is very clear, he made a nice move to the post and got separatioout of his break, but it is very clear there was no contact.

However, you might have an arguement on the long pass down the TC sideline that was a 50/50 call as he had to slow up a bit to get under it. We might have caught a break on that no call.

As far as Seth always doing this, or being called on it this year, whoever said that it happened once is correct, only one. Now, maybe you all think that he does it all year and doesn't get caught, but he has only been flagged once this year.

Seems like the same things we heard about some "supposedly" great receiver last year named Antonio Robinson and his wonderful team at S. Pitt. We listened all year about how he was unstoppable because of his speed, size, and strength. He was talented, his team was good, but they ran into a more than capable opponent from REGION 4. He had 1 td pass on a trick play and 1 td reception (on a terrible call) and other than that SP was silenced at home by the young Commanders.

So Zonepirate don't over-hype your regions players please. I'm sure that Temple has many weapons. I'm sure Skogen deserves his accolades. They are in Round 3 of the playoffs and you don't get there on luck. I'm sure they are well coached or they wouldn't be where they are in just 4 years. I'm sure they will come to Lebanon intent on winning. As for Temple having more weapons than G-ville it seems to me that G-ville more than handled SPitt just like TEMPLE (even with your fans sitting behind the pirates in the stands :D). If I were a pirate fan I'd be careful what I said about G-ville's lack of weapons after the beating they laid on you in Round 1.

However, FC has a few weapons as well. You saw most of them last year (although some were just 8th graders and sophomores) and I'm sure you remember the results at Beane Stadium in Round 2. This year those FC weapons are a year older, stronger, and more experienced. FC's coaches are not new to the playoffs and prepared their young team last year very well for their 3rd round matchup with eventual state champ TC (losing 28-21 not by 40 as TEMPLE did). They will be equally prepared for TEMPLE and their high powered O this year. Don't be surprised to see a few of the FC players that usually go only 1 way playing both sides of the ball this weekend.

You are correct on GV weapons this year. Next year there will be more. Some being even faster. They were standing watching. Not enough experience to play in a game of this magnitude. They did get some play when Gv played muffins. But that dont get you a chance to enter against a team like FC. I think next year will be just as good for Gv. Hopefully better. I know like you we will miss our seniors. I dont see Temple pounding out more than 20 points on FC. They think they can. If they can prove it is another story. I think FC can stick to the run and get it done. You wont have the defensive line in front of you that you had last friday to prevent it. Get r done.