Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

Well Henry County fans, the day draws near. This is going to be another terrific game. I'm hoping that Fairley wins but I won't be disappointed if Henry County pulls it out. I just want the winner of this game to beat Hillsboro next week, because that's who I think will make it from the Region 5/6 quarterfinals.

I've made it known that I haven't seen Fairley play this year. I do feel confident however, that their defense is one of the best in the City of Memphis. They rank right up there with Ridgeway, Wooddale, Melrose, and White Station. I am also getting the impression that a lot of the Henry County fans who post messages on here seem to think that since Henry County ran up and down the field on Melrose, that they will do the same to Fairley, in the same fashion. Well, I'm not convinced Henry County will be able to run that effectively against this Fairley 'D' as they did last week against the Melrose 'D'. This has nothing to do with Henry County's ability. If anybody who attended last weeks game noticed #7 for Melrose limping throughout the game against last week, then you know what I am talking about. I am saying that the Melrose coaches shouldn't have played him with his injured (pulled) hamstring. He was a shell of his normal self (50-60 percent in my opinion), and therefore, The Melrose 'D' you guys faced wasn't their (Melrose) best 'D'. The week prior, against Hardin County, he didn't play because of the injury. The coaches for Melrose should have benched him and played his understudy in the game. (That's not the point of this message, just my personal opinion on that situation) I'm not rehashing the Melrose game trying to take anything away from your victory. I'm trying to give you a point of reference to which I know you and I both have, which is last week’s game. I'm not saying that if he (#7) was healthy you guys wouldn't have scored 34 points, even though I do personally think that is the case, that's not the purpose of this message. Let me put it like this. Take the Chicago Bears 'D' as it is presently, and rip Brian Urlacher's hamstring, and then allow him to play with it hurt. You get the picture? They are good, even with him limping around, but not as good as they could be with their prime defender playing injured. Well ... the Fairley 'D' is just as good as the Melrose 'D' when #7 for Melrose is healthy. Think about it ... Munford was shut out the entire 2nd quarter in last week’s game. I know that cougarmike has said the Munford shot itself in the foot the entire 2nd half of last weeks game, but still, they only scored 2 TD's from their offense the entire game. The other two scores came from a fumble recovery run back for a TD and the other was a returned punt for a TD. I tend to think that maybe, some of the Munford woes were a result of the team on the opposite side of the ball. I think the Fairley 'D' is a whole lot better then what some Henry County fans want to give them credit for, and if you are comparing their 'D' to the Melrose 'D' you saw last week ... well ... I think you get the picture. I'm not saying the Fairley's 'D' is going to shut you down either. I'm just saying, I think their 'D' is a whole lot better then some people seem to think.

I'll end this message with this note. This is going to be a very hard hitting game on both sides of the ball. Henry County focused on beating Melrose from last year. Fairley is doing the same towards Henry County concerning last year’s loss.

P.S. ... the Fairley folks will travel. Since my son doesn't have basketball practice this Friday, I'm thinking about coming to this one because I'm assured of a game next week in Memphis in 5A.

Fan talk is just that and nothing more. We are only excited. I think everyone knows that we are not predicted to win this game. We do respect the Fairley team and that of which they are capable. We know it is not the Fairley of a year ago. We also look forward to their fans being here. I think you will find that we are friendly and hospitable. We just want to win like everyone else. Safe travel to Fairley and no injuries to either team.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Redpridepersonified

Good point Yanker. I agree with you. But I don't think you will be disappointed this week at the crowd. I am expecting overflow conditions!!!

We'll need a big crowd to cheer and I'm hoping forshoulder to shoulder to keep me warm! :thumb: Concessions needs to buy EXTRA HOT CHOCOLATE!!! Can't wait for the game!

I will run by the field house on my way to work & put notes up for the guys to tell their parents about the pregame pep rally. I will tell Hunter Long to get the word to his dad. I'll do what I can to spread the word. I'm guessing around 6 - 6:30. :thumb:

kwc in response to your post I just want you to know that I am NOT over looking Fairley! I'm a die hard Patriot fan that wants to do all that I can to help the guys get fired up. I posted earlier in the week stating this was a game that would have to be fought for, beginning this past Monday at practice. Our guys know that they have to EARN EACH VICTORY. I'm just leaving the "main" football issues to the coaches & fans that know what they are talking about. Hope you come to the game, enjoy yourself & notice our guys exiting the field house with respect for themselves & their opponents.

P.S. Maybe we should do it at the bleachers down at the endzone. It would be the closes to the guys & we can hopefully fill all the seats down there easy + ppl standing.

~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!Rollem RED Rollem!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by The Real Mom of #77

Just my opinion, but I think we should do it in the regular bleachers as the guys are warming up. They should hear us the entire time, instead of Fairley's band or warm-up. We will have to have a big crowd with big mouths to get over the volume of the opposing band. I just think about a college game and how the fans are cheering during the entire warm-up. It gets the electricity in the air. It can't hurt and might just help. I don't know Randy that well. Sherry, get him "in the know." We need to find out when warm-up starts to know about a time.

When might we expect the Yanker's prediction?

The YANKER will now take time out of my busy schedule to offer the following prediction...HC 23-Fairley 14...I will see you at the game...but you will not see me...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!! Good luck to HC and my HC friends!!!

The YANKER will now take time out of my busy schedule to offer the following prediction...HC 23-Fairley 14...I will see you at the game...but you will not see me...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!! Good luck to HC and my HC friends!!!

Well its about time!!! Even amongst your business being busy. But glad to have you post. And even more glad to see you travelling to Henryland!!!

Fan talk is just that and nothing more. We are only excited. I think everyone knows that we are not predicted to win this game. We do respect the Fairley team and that of which they are capable. We know it is not the Fairley of a year ago. We also look forward to their fans being here. I think you will find that we are friendly and hospitable. We just want to win like everyone else. Safe travel to Fairley and no injuries to either team.

Realredpride:

You have reason to be excited. Third round of the state playoffs in football is quite an achievement in anybody's book, especially in Tennessee. You don't make it to the third round without respecting the other teams you have to face in the playoffs, regardless of their regular season record. I never thought otherwise concerning the Henry County folk's hospitality either. :thumb:

What's the best way to get to the stadium from Memphis? How early should I leave if I drive up there?

I will run by the field house on my way to work & put notes up for the guys to tell their parents about the pregame pep rally. I will tell Hunter Long to get the word to his dad. I'll do what I can to spread the word. I'm guessing around 6 - 6:30. :thumb:

kwc in response to your post I just want you to know that I am NOT over looking Fairley! I'm a die hard Patriot fan that wants to do all that I can to help the guys get fired up. I posted earlier in the week stating this was a game that would have to be fought for, beginning this past Monday at practice. Our guys know that they have to EARN EACH VICTORY. I'm just leaving the "main" football issues to the coaches & fans that know what they are talking about. Hope you come to the game, enjoy yourself & notice our guys exiting the field house with respect for themselves & their opponents.

P.S. Maybe we should do it at the bleachers down at the endzone. It would be the closes to the guys & we can hopefully fill all the seats down there easy + ppl standing.

~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!Rollem RED Rollem!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~

I called the school and got someone in the office to ask Gaddis when they would warm up. He said they would go out on the field at six. I like the bleachers idea, but I am afraid most people would be afraid of not getting a good seat in the regular stands later. Also, the guys warming up closer to the fifty would not be able to hear us as well, and I would like the noise to cross the field to the visitors' side. What do you think?

The Real Mom of #77:

I never for a moment thought that you did.

:thumb: Cool Beans. Look for my loud mouth @ the game. Be Safe!

B) Ohhh yes I will my dear Mr. Yanker. Travel safely!

I called the school and got someone in the office to ask Gaddis when they would warm up. He said they would go out on the field at six. I like the bleachers idea, but I am afraid most people would be afraid of not getting a good seat in the regular stands later. Also, the guys warming up closer to the fifty would not be able to hear us as well, and I would like the noise to cross the field to the visitors' side. What do you think?

:thumb: You don't really think they {won't} be able to hear us do you? lol The regular seating is a problem. B)

I've contacted some of the local radio stations asking them to help us announce the Pregame Pep Rally. I hope they will. It would be nice if we could get it announced at school too. I can't put posters up with it still raining. If I'd wrecked the back of my truck, instead of the front, I would duct tape a sign on the tailgate.

Start warming up the Patriot Train Big RED!!!!!!!

Drewcephus, Since I am not the best with timing or directions, will you help out a Memphis fan who posted earlier? Thanks, RRP

I would say to give yourself about 3hrs. & 1/2 to get here.(not sure where you're at) as far as directions my advice is to go to Map Quest & put in where you're at & the ending point as Henry County High School, 315 South Wilson Street, Paris, Tn 38242. Hit get directions & whola a driving map with written direction & pictures. That's what I use when we have away games. It will tell ya how many miles & how long it will take ya.

Hope this helps. :unsure: