Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

Its a rainy day in Henryland! Glad that Mother Nature is getting it out of her system so Friday will be prime football conditions. This thread is going new places with no real discussion coming from Fairley or Memphis. Dogs with fertility issues/non-issues, poetry from an olympian, historical Advisor's...

What next?!?!? :D

I'm just ready for Friday night to get here. Great Defensive practice yesterday. The Patriots will be ready!!!

Go Big Red!!!

There are SEVERE problems in Henryland!!!!! Your problems may be beyond the YANKER's ability to correct...the AMAZING YANKER can only do so much...but I AM STILL THE YANKER!!!!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

63% picking Fairley. Patriots I hope you read this! It should give you something else to motivate you!!

Coach McClain or anyone from Melrose who can pass this along -

Thanks Coach McClain for the hospitality when we visited the Mound!

Cougarmike -

Very interesting post. Thanks for the info.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to RedPride's post that was on here a little bit ago? There wasn't anything offensive in it...

I took it off myself. I didn't see anything productive coming out of it. I wanted to talk about Fairley football but didn't seem to word it correctly. I just don't know a lot about what to expect. People keep talking about two or three weeks away, yet the poll has us losing this week. I am very nervous and want to keep playing. I guess that has taken some of my joking attitude away. What do you think about the game?

Edited by realredpride

I took it off myself. I didn't see anything productive coming out of it. I wanted to talk about Fairley football but didn't seem to word it correctly. I just don't know a lot about what to expect. People keep talking about two or three weeks away, yet the poll has us losing this week. I am very nervous and want to keep playing. I guess that has taken some of my joking attitude away. What do you think about the game?

For what it's worth, I am feeling pretty good about it. I think our D has become accustomed to dealing with fast, athletic ability such as what Fairley will bring. Our offense is clicking and I don't think the Fairley D is better than that of Melrose, so I see us putting points on the board.

Remember, the poll is only people looking at a game with win/loss next to each team. They are simply looking at Fairley's 10-2 record compared to our 8-4 record. Therfore, the majority just quickly assumes that Fairley is better. If you look at the Massey computer ranking system which compares strength of schedule, points scored, etc; they have us 20 or so places ahead of Fairley. Their computer prediction is 26-20 in favor of HC. As a comparison, last week they had us and Melrose neck and neck with the computer prediction of 18.0-18.1 in favor of Melrose. So what do I think? I like our chances...

For what it's worth, I am feeling pretty good about it. I think our D has become accustomed to dealing with fast, athletic ability such as what Fairley will bring. Our offense is clicking and I don't think the Fairley D is better than that of Melrose, so I see us putting points on the board.

Remember, the poll is only people looking at a game with win/loss next to each team. They are simply looking at Fairley's 10-2 record compared to our 8-4 record. Therfore, the majority just quickly assumes that Fairley is better. If you look at the Massey computer ranking system which compares strength of schedule, points scored, etc; they have us 20 or so places ahead of Fairley. Their computer prediction is 26-20 in favor of HC. As a comparison, last week they had us and Melrose neck and neck with the computer prediction of 18.0-18.1 in favor of Melrose. So what do I think? I like our chances...

I agree but HC must come ready to play. They can not take anything for granted. I want to see the same determination that we saw against Melrose. They had a look in their eye, they were not going to be denied!They must be just as driven. Fairley is a good team. We have to have the same fire that we had last week!!!!!

I agree but HC must come ready to play. They can not take anything for granted. I want to see the same determination that we saw against Melrose. They had a look in their eye, they were not going to be denied!They must be just as driven. Fairley is a good team. We have to have the same fire that we had last week!!!!!

Pats need that in their eye ever game they play from now on. The road gets tougher each game they play. Coach T polls won't bother Pats. They have been shown as the underdog in that poll from Memphis East game till now. Win Friday they will be the underdog on the 24th. Win the 24th and they will be the underdog on the 2nd.

It is going to be loud at Big Red Stadium Friday night. Looking to see if PI puts the word out to come early and come loud for the game.

Edited by wingman

Pats need that in their eye ever game they play from now on. The road gets tougher each game they play. Coach T polls won't bother Pats. They have been shown as the underdog in that poll from Memphis East game till now. Win Friday they will be the underdog on the 24th. Win the 24th and they will be the underdog on the 2nd.

It is going to be loud at Big Red Stadium Friday night. Looking to see if PI puts the word out to come early and come loud for the game.

PI needs to because they are not selling tickets in advance. I don't understand why the school would not sell tickets in advance. People better get there early if they want to be seated by kickoff. I hope the school has plenty of gate people!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fairleys defense is much better than their offense. If you press their receivers they will not do much. In my opinion the cover 3 that henry runs will not work well against some of their combo routes.You need tto go man to man because the favorite route is the slant with the wheel behind it and the qb throws the slant well. Their run game is not very good. They try to stay between the tackles and like to run straight ahead.They do not challenge the outside much. THe qb is not a running threat but throws a pretty good deep ball but the jam will take care of that.

Defense

They can really stuff up the middle....it might sound crazy but you must put pressure on the edges to win. I know they are fast but are susceptible outside to the run. You can complete passes in the 8-12 yd range.

PI needs to because they are not selling tickets in advance. I don't understand why the school would not sell tickets in advance. People better get there early if they want to be seated by kickoff. I hope the school has plenty of gate people!

Wonder if they just don't want the traffic in/out of school????? I got my Melrose ticket there but sales would have been less for away game than a home game.

Behind the stadium will get backed up!

Fairleys defense is much better than their offense. If you press their receivers they will not do much. In my opinion the cover 3 that henry runs will not work well against some of their combo routes.You need tto go man to man because the favorite route is the slant with the wheel behind it and the qb throws the slant well. Their run game is not very good. They try to stay between the tackles and like to run straight ahead.They do not challenge the outside much. THe qb is not a running threat but throws a pretty good deep ball but the jam will take care of that.

Defense

They can really stuff up the middle....it might sound crazy but you must put pressure on the edges to win. I know they are fast but are susceptible outside to the run. You can complete passes in the 8-12 yd range.

If that is how they run the ball their OL better be really, really good. We have not played jam defense on receivers much if any this year. I know they can. Will be interesting to see if Pats look to take that away from them. How good are the 2 tackles, TE and RB's at blocking the pass rush from the DE's and blitzes?

How good are the LB's for Fairley as far as pursuit and tackling?

I can't believe they aren't selling advance tickets!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, will have to get tickets early at the booth I guess. Better excuse to tailgate early too!

The PI had a good article (letter) from a cheerleader in it. Described the Melrose game and then challenged the town to fill up Patriot Stadium, the student section, and the surrounding track! I think we can do it!!!

Roll Red Roll!!!