Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wingman,

I'm sure that HC will not overlook Fairley.

I just believe that HC is primed for the much more dreaded emotional letdown (i.e. uninspiring performance) that naturally follows an EXTREMELY emotional win....This powerful phenomenon is not easily overcome, even with a great Coach employing every savvy trick in the book, to avoid it.

This phenomenon is vey uncanny, to be sure. Trust me, though--it is real, VERY REAL!

CoachT posters, think about this "letdown" phenomenon for just a minute. Try & think back to the aftermath of such occasions that may have occured in your own former careers...flat, dull performances often follow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HC may still beat Fairley.....I just wanted to throw this out there as "food for thought."

It can happen. Too me it seems like it happens more in hoops.

I see more issues after you win on Friday and get into next week you get out of routine.... 2 or 3 school days, Turkey Day, No school Friday, etc! Harder for Coaches to get player focus back.

STILL WITH THE FILM THING :rolleyes: . I'm sure the Henry staff will have everything they need to defeat Fairley. The bulldogs from Memphis played well and came out of Munford with a win, we hurt ourselves in the second half, but no excuses we put our stuff up for another year and they play on. Now to the game at hand. Sorry Fairley, you will not win. Like Melrose you will not contain Henry's powerful running game and I believe they will stop yours. Henry's front four is much better than Munford's and I don't see you being able to make a living running the ball. So that brings us to your passing game that only produced 11 yards friday night. Stop #9 combined with pressure off the corners and Fairley is stopped dead. Frustration will set in with the Fairley players followed by pentalities and Henry wins big. Congrats to all wearing red in Henryland for the big win at the mound from personal experience it's not an easy thing to do. A special congrats goes out to the Head Man a great job getting your ball club to this point and I'm sure this will be just another step.

All I know is in order to get to Dec 2 we have to beat Fairley...Therefore this is the biggest game of the year for us now. We can't look past them!!!!!!!!

You better tell the truth!! There's nothing wrong with dreaming big, but some things in life come in progression. Looking ahead in the playoffs and not taking your VERY next opponent lightly will get you beat. :rolleyes:

Edited by bellgo

wtnoff,

While I expect HC to beat Fairley, it likely won't be as one-sided or as easy as you suggest. As a matter of fact, if Fairley (unlike Melrose) can slow down HCs running game, don't be surprised should Fairley upset HC!

This will be another shootout, similar to HCs victory vs Melrose. Fairley will score more than 12pts on HC, one way or another! Likewise, HC will probably get its fair share of points.

In a losing effort last week, Melrose exposed HCs porous pass defense. Look for Fairley to attack this weakness in an aggressive manner. While Fairley's QB is not as effective as Melrose's QB Toney, Fairley has a more speed in its backfield and a more potent running game. As such, Fairley poses a bigger overall offensive threat than did one-dimensional Melrose.

Last week, HC was probably more jacked to play Melrose than it was vs any other team this season. Adrenaline in overdrive! Henry County finally got over the "hump" and ousted Melrose. As such, they're probably still floating on an emotional "cloud 9." That's completely understandible.

Well....that huge, emotional victory over Melrose is history.

Agree or disagree, human nature suggests that HC will be in for a big emotional let-down this week vs Fairley...... HC is gonna have to really guard against this natural phenomenon. If they don't, then expect them to get shell-shocked by Fairley. Henry County will lose!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution: This is a very dangerous game for Henry County.

I totally agree with 85% to 90% of this post except for the prediction and I don't believe HC is goin to overlook or not play well against fairley. He is why...THE FAIRLY BAND IS GOIN TO PUMP US UP MORE THAN ANY TEAM THIS YEAR!! WE love bands like Fairley. We saw them last year and we great them with open arms.. We celebrated the win this weekend but even on the bus ride home... We made clear to everyone its Fairley this week and they aren't the same team as last year. I see this as being a great game with HC firing on all cylinders... Fairley will make some plays its a given but HC...will answer back.. Its Fairley time Melrose is over and was great but key word...OVER

p.s. Someone get the memo to our band NOT to show up...They can't hang with fariley ony one person can...RANDY AND HIS HORN

To the HC fans,

thank you for your support and cheering at everygame... no matter how many people show up any friday night ...the true fans are there so thanks

I totally agree with 85% to 90% of this post except for the prediction and I don't believe HC is goin to overlook or not play well against fairley. He is why...THE FAIRLY BAND IS GOIN TO PUMP US UP MORE THAN ANY TEAM THIS YEAR!! WE love bands like Fairley. We saw them last year and we great them with open arms.. We celebrated the win this weekend but even on the bus ride home... We made clear to everyone its Fairley this week and they aren't the same team as last year. I see this as being a great game with HC firing on all cylinders... Fairley will make some plays its a given but HC...will answer back.. Its Fairley time Melrose is over and was great but key word...OVER

p.s. Someone get the memo to our band NOT to show up...They can't hang with fariley ony one person can...RANDY AND HIS HORN

To the HC fans,

thank you for your support and cheering at everygame... no matter how many people show up any friday night ...the true fans are there so thanks

You are quite welcome!!! Continue to make us proud. I know that you all will be working hard this week. Use the Fairley band, but do not let it distract you! Please have the guys on the side line stay pumped up, it really helps the crowd get loud. I believe Patriot stadium will be full. It sounds like there are many who are finished for the seaon that will be coming to see a HC VICTORY!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all of my friends in Henryland!!! The YANKER is excited that someone from our region FINALLY beat Melrose...and to do it at Orange Mound makes it that much more special!!! How did their fans react?? It sounds like the 25 year old 275 pound running back was tough!!! Just think how good he will be when hits 30!! Seriously, the YANKER will travel to HC for the game this week. If JCM could not do it, the YANKER is glad that it was you.

Congratulations to all of my friends in Henryland!!! The YANKER is excited that someone from our region FINALLY beat Melrose...and to do it at Orange Mound makes it that much more special!!! How did their fans react?? It sounds like the 25 year old 275 pound running back was tough!!! Just think how good he will be when hits 30!! Seriously, the YANKER will travel to HC for the game this week. If JCM could not do it, the YANKER is glad that it was you.

Good Morning Yanker!!! Wow, what a game the other night. I really wish you could have been there for that one. However, I know that your father needed you most. How is he doing?

The game was great and so were the fans from both sides. They did get a little rowdy during the first half, but in the end they showed GREAT sportsmanship and congratulated us on a fine win. It was a fun atmosphere and one I will not soon forget. It was better than last year! #34 had a phenomenal game! But so did #1 alongside him.

But now its on to this week and I can't wait!!! Patriot Stadium will be hopping again, like it was during the Ridgeway game at the start of the year. There won't be any more lethargic Big Red crowds this year. We welcome you back to Henryland Yanker! And this time it will be a very, VERY electric and charged up football atmosphere! A sea of RED and the clanging of cow bells heard across the county! But then again, the Fairley Band will be spicing it up too. Be sure to come early for the tailgate parties going on. It won't be anything like the Melrose feasts, but fun and good eating nonetheless!!!

To the HC fans,

Congratulations on the Big Win at the mound,I think you have the right frame of mind.This Ridgeway Fan will be pulling for you all the Way.

Hey hey hey, how about them Patriots, Way to go, Now on with more imporatant business, Fairley is big, Fairley is fast, Fairley is good, Fairley is Hungry for the Patriots after the drumming they took last year. Fairley will come out with more energy than usual. IT is so similar to HCs trip to the mound, last year we went there and got it handed to us, we avenged it this year, Last year we handed it to Fairley, and this year we can not let them avenge it. DO NOT OVER LOOK THEM AND boys play every play with perfection in your mind.