Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

I am worn out after last night!!! That was hard work being a fan in the stands. I rang that bell til my arm was sore! :blink: But it was worth it all! And now we get to come home and play at Patriot Stadium. This should be another great battle. I too am interested in hearing what Munford and Melrose posters have to say.

But I am also excited to have the Fairley band come back to town!!! :blink:

This is an easy one to pick. Defensively, Fairley will not slow down the HC offense. Kicking game will be important. Fairley ran a kickoff and a punt back against Munford . They do have great speed. Offensively they are very predictable. Will try and throw the ball to #9. He's the state high jump champion and they like to try and isolate him by moving him around on smaller corners and then playing jump ball. Wherever #9 goes be alert. Fairley running game is pretty good. They are an I team that likes to run isolations and powers. Weakside running game consists almost exclusively of the "bounce" outside off the power. Fairley will take huge splits (5 ft) in hopes that you will walk out defensively with them. HC will need to talk about how they will approach this. Kicking game is fair for Fairley. They punt the ball about 32 yards on the average. Will Kick off to around the fifteen. They do not kick extra points. HC will need to keep up with the math on this aspect. In regard to another defensive aspect. Fairley will fly to the ball. IF HC uses any misdirection this will be a killer! Oh...one other thing I failed to mention about the running game for Fairley. Any time a team has any luck shutting them down with their powers and bounce play, They're going to jump into tripps. Look for the toss to the tripps with crackback blocks by the wideouts. I would expect that HC will run right at Fairley and the only way they will be slowed down is if the backs get caught peeking at the Fairley majorettes as they "do their thing". Fairley is only fair in the secondary. HC should be able to throw the ball against a weak cover 3 team. Third down, 7 or better, look for a cover 2. This will be an entertaing ball game. First, the opportunity to experience the excitement of a quarter-final game. (One step closer to the BIG DANCE) One real good football team and one with athleticism that is capable if the moon and stars line up right. The Fairley band will be worth the price of admission by itself. They will dance, gyrate, bump and grind to the delight of the crowd. (Some will love it-Some will find it deplorable) Either way they will get your attention! Being more than familiar with both teams this is an easy one to call. The Cinderella season for Fairley will end long before midnight. (About 9:30 p.m.) Look for complete domination by HC in this one. Prediction : HC 38 (or more) - Fairley 12. Husbands, if you find yourself listening to your wives reading comments to you from coact T. know that you have suppporters in the strangest places. Hope all goes well Friday for the Pats. I love to be right on my predictions. Oh, say hello to the guys from Dyersburg on the staff. JCcalled me and said they were good people.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an easy one to pick. Defensively, Fairley will not slow down the HC offense. Kicking game will be important. Fairley ran a kickoff and a punt back against Munford . They do have great speed. Offensively they are very predictable. Will try and throw the ball to #9. He's the state high jump champion and they like to try and isolate him by moving him around on smaller corners and then playing jump ball. Wherever #9 goes be alert. Fairley running game is pretty good. They are an I team that likes to run isolations and powers. Weakside running game consists almost exclusively of the "bounce" outside off the power. Fairley will take huge splits (5 ft) in hopes that you will walk out defensively with them. HC will need to talk about how they will approach this. Kicking game is fair for Fairley. They punt the ball about 32 yards on the average. Will Kick off to around the fifteen. They do not kick extra points. HC will need to keep up with the math on this aspect. In regard to another defensive aspect. Fairley will fly to the ball. IF HC uses any misdirection this will be a killer! Oh...one other thing I failed to mention about the running game for Fairley. Any time a team has any luck shutting them down with their powers and bounce play, They're going to jump into tripps. Look for the toss to the tripps with crackback blocks by the wideouts. I would expect that HC will run right at Fairley and the only way they will be slowed down is if the backs get caught peeking at the Fairley majorettes as they "do their thing". Fairley is only fair in the secondary. HC should be able to throw the ball against a weak cover 3 team. Third down, 7 or better, look for a cover 2. This will be an entertaing ball game. First, the opportunity to experience the excitement of a quarter-final game. (One step closer to the BIG DANCE) One real good football team and one with athleticism that is capable if the moon and stars line up right. The Fairley band will be worth the price of admission by itself. They will dance, gyrate, bump and grind to the delight of the crowd. (Some will love it-Some will find it deplorable) Either way they will get your attention! Being more than familiar with both teams this is an easy one to call. The Cinderella season for Fairley will end long before midnight. (About 9:30 p.m.) Look for complete domination by HC in this one. Prediction : HC 38 (or more) - Fairley 12. Husbands, if you find yourself listening to your wives reading comments to you from coact T. know that you have suppporters in the strangest places. Hope all goes well Friday for the Pats. I love to be right on my predictions. Oh, say hello to the guys from Dyersburg on the staff. JCcalled me and said they were good people.

wtnoff,

While I expect HC to beat Fairley, it likely won't be as one-sided or as easy as you suggest. As a matter of fact, if Fairley (unlike Melrose) can slow down HCs running game, don't be surprised should Fairley upset HC!

This will be another shootout, similar to HCs victory vs Melrose. Fairley will score more than 12pts on HC, one way or another! Likewise, HC will probably get its fair share of points.

In a losing effort last week, Melrose exposed HCs porous pass defense. Look for Fairley to attack this weakness in an aggressive manner. While Fairley's QB is not as effective as Melrose's QB Toney, Fairley has a more speed in its backfield and a more potent running game. As such, Fairley poses a bigger overall offensive threat than did one-dimensional Melrose.

Last week, HC was probably more jacked to play Melrose than it was vs any other team this season. Adrenaline in overdrive! Henry County finally got over the "hump" and ousted Melrose. As such, they're probably still floating on an emotional "cloud 9." That's completely understandible.

Well....that huge, emotional victory over Melrose is history.

Agree or disagree, human nature suggests that HC will be in for a big emotional let-down this week vs Fairley...... HC is gonna have to really guard against this natural phenomenon. If they don't, then expect them to get shell-shocked by Fairley. Henry County will lose!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution: This is a very dangerous game for Henry County.

wtnoff,

Last week, HC was probably more jacked to play Melrose than it was vs any other team this season. Adrenaline in overdrive! Henry County finally got over the "hump" and ousted Melrose. As such, they're probably still floating on an emotional "cloud 9." That's completely understandible.

Agree or disagree, human nature suggests that HC will be in for a big emotional let-down this week vs Fairley...... HC is gonna have to really guard against this natural phenomenon. If they don't, then expect them to get shell-shocked by Fairley. Henry County will lose!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, same thing happened to Houston when it beat G/town. This is the week HC finds out how good their coaches are. Not just the X & O's part of the game but the mental part.

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

[/color]

Yep, same thing happened to Houston when it beat G/town. This is the week HC finds out how good their coaches are. Not just the X & O's part of the game but the mental part.

I know the coaches are up for this one. THEY WILL HAVE GUYS READY TO PLAY!

Talking to the players ... They are on a mission. Fairly will be good. Big play team, Patriots will be ready! They know they MUST win this to continue mission. They will play their hearts out once again.

ROLL RED ROLL

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/color]

We are not Houston. The boys won't overlook them. I'm probably the only one that has so far. I've been saying from the get go that we would be playing Maryville for the 4A state championship.

I still can't believe that Fairley has made it this far. They were terrible last year.

Gaddis will have the boys ready.

HC 35 Fairley 12

PAPA,

I hate it that Ridgeway lost to Wooddale. I was pulling for you guys to go all the way. I firmly believe that you would have if your QB didn't go down early in the season.

I appreciate what you are saying here. However, Coach Gaddis is a veteran to the playoffs in multiple states. He also wears a ring from his days at Oak Ridge. I seriously doubt that the Big Red will fall due to these reasons. In fact, they started working (the coaching staff) around 1:00AM Saturday morning when they returned from Melrose! We will be prepared for Fairley. I would compare them to Memphis East more than I would Melrose. TraderB said that the HC defense was pourous, but I disagree. We held Melrose solidly for 3 and a little quarters, and only 3 offensive touchdowns. Similar results with Memphis East. I would expect that our Patriots will be fully prepared even though the Fairley coach went back on his word for trading film. They will be FIRED up and ready to play the Bulldogs.

Go Big Red!!!

wtnoff,

While I expect HC to beat Fairley, it likely won't be as one-sided or as easy as you suggest. As a matter of fact, if Fairley (unlike Melrose) can slow down HCs running game, don't be surprised should Fairley upset HC!

This will be another shootout, similar to HCs victory vs Melrose. Fairley will score more than 12pts on HC, one way or another! Likewise, HC will probably get its fair share of points.

In a losing effort last week, Melrose exposed HCs porous pass defense. Look for Fairley to attack this weakness in an aggressive manner. While Fairley's QB is not as effective as Melrose's QB Toney, Fairley has a more speed in its backfield and a more potent running game. As such, Fairley poses a bigger overall offensive threat than did one-dimensional Melrose.

I have noticed that Coach Gaddis and his staff has your mind out of the clouds by the end of the day Monday evening or Tuesday at the latest. They let you know in no certain terms that Friday Night's game is the books. This group of Seniors and Juniors remember what happened 2005 when you look past a team. They learned a huge lesson from game 3 to 4 in 2005.

Don't be surprised to see them more pumped playing back at home.

Every game you go into the playoffs the teams get tougher.

We are not Houston. The boys won't overlook them. I'm probably the only one that has so far. I've been saying from the get go that we would be playing Maryville for the 4A state championship.

I still can't believe that Fairley has made it this far. They were terrible last year.

HC 35 Fairley 12

Not so sure Happyville will be in Murfresboro this year. 12-0 Red Bank playing at home this year wants something to say about that. :thumb:

I would expect that our Patriots will be fully prepared even though the Fairley coach went back on his word for trading film. They will be FIRED up and ready to play the Bulldogs.

Fairley wouldn`t trade films? What`s up with that? Do they just not want to take the effort to do it or do they somehow think it`s an advantage?

HC 35 Fairley 12

No way you can overlook a team from Region 8 that has scored 60 more points and has given up 10 points less than Melrose.

Each game the steps take more effort to climb. No elevators are allowed at Patriot Stadium. :thumb: