Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

...I seriously doubt that the Big Red will fall due to these reasons. In fact, they started working (the coaching staff) around 1:00AM Saturday morning when they returned from Melrose! We will be prepared for Fairley. I would compare them to Memphis East more than I would Melrose. TraderB said that the HC defense was pourous, but I disagree. We held Melrose solidly for 3 and a little quarters, and only 3 offensive touchdowns. Similar results with Memphis East. I would expect that our Patriots will be fully prepared...

Go Big Red!!!

For the record, Drewcephus, I did NOT say that HCs "defense" was porous; I said that HCs "PASSING defense" was porous.

HC obviously did a great job vs Melrose's RUN game. Although it should be noted that Melrose's run game was subpar this year, very weak! This is not to take anything away from HCs defensive effort vs the run--they still had to stop Melrose's RBs; I just wanted to keep it in perspective.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practicing at 1AM? :thumb:

Man, HCs Coach means business! He obviously knows how to bring his players back down off the clouds, in a hurry....We'll see if it carries over to Friday nite vs Fairley.

Edited by TraderB

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, Drewcephus, I did NOT say that HCs "defense" was porous; I said that HCs "PASSING defense" was porous.

HC obviously did a great job vs Melrose's RUN game. Although it should be noted that Melrose's run game was subpar this year, very weak! This is not to take anything away from HCs defensive effort vs the run--they still had to stop Melrose's RBs; I just wanted to keep it in perspective.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Practicing at 1AM? :thumb:

Man, HCs Coach means business! He obviously knows how to bring his players back down off the clouds, in a hurry....We'll see if it carries over to Friday nite vs Fairley.

I don't think the players were practicing at 1 a.m. , but the coaches started preparing their game plan for Fairley

I am worn out after last night!!! That was hard work being a fan in the stands. I rang that bell til my arm was sore! :lol: But it was worth it all! And now we get to come home and play at Patriot Stadium. This should be another great battle. I too am interested in hearing what Munford and Melrose posters have to say.

But I am also excited to have the Fairley band come back to town!!! :thumb:

I'm in the HC band ,but i'm also excited for their band to come back! But as long as we win the game i'll be happy..Haha

PAPA,

I hate it that Ridgeway lost to Wooddale. I was pulling for you guys to go all the way. I firmly believe that you would have if your QB didn't go down early in the season.

I appreciate what you are saying here. However, Coach Gaddis is a veteran to the playoffs in multiple states. He also wears a ring from his days at Oak Ridge. I seriously doubt that the Big Red will fall due to these reasons. In fact, they started working (the coaching staff) around 1:00AM Saturday morning when they returned from Melrose! We will be prepared for Fairley. I would compare them to Memphis East more than I would Melrose. TraderB said that the HC defense was pourous, but I disagree. We held Melrose solidly for 3 and a little quarters, and only 3 offensive touchdowns. Similar results with Memphis East. I would expect that our Patriots will be fully prepared even though the Fairley coach went back on his word for trading film. They will be FIRED up and ready to play the Bulldogs.

Go Big Red!!!

Look fella's I'm not saying anything bad about anybody. What I'm saying is a fact of life. Example, I am a Miss. State fan that works with alot of Ark. fans. They are more worried about playing State next Sat. then Tn. yesterday and LSU following the State game. Why? Because of the high that the players get when they play Tn. & LSU.

We have all heard of the down week after a big game, and Melrose is a team that players get way up for. I have talked to many coaches and everyone of them worry about this type of thing. I've seen them do everything under the sun but it can still happen. Wingman has it right, it really has to come from the Sr.s. They are the ones in the hallways, classroom, bathroom and many other places where players will talk and say things that they wouldn't say anywhere near a coach.

As for Ridgeway, our chance for State went down in the second game. It was a great season and to go 10-0 without a qb for 8 games and Crawford was out for 3 games tells you how good this team was. Our OL knew that every game, every play that they were going against 8/9 in the box, the defense knew that if they gave up 2 scores it could be result in a loss. And it all came to an end because of a blocked punt. Sometimes life just ain't fair............

Good luck from here on out, you are good people...............

Edited by PAPAWOFBOO

No way you can overlook a team from Region 8 that has scored 60 more points and has given up 10 points less than Melrose.

Each game the steps take more effort to climb. No elevators are allowed at Patriot Stadium. :thumb:

Wingman,

I'm sure that HC will not overlook Fairley.

I just believe that HC is primed for the much more dreaded emotional letdown (i.e. uninspiring performance) that naturally follows an EXTREMELY emotional win....This powerful phenomenon is not easily overcome, even with a great Coach employing every savvy trick in the book, to avoid it.

This phenomenon is vey uncanny, to be sure. Trust me, though--it is real, VERY REAL!

CoachT posters, think about this "letdown" phenomenon for just a minute. Try & think back to the aftermath of such occasions that may have occured in your own former careers...flat, dull performances often follow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HC may still beat Fairley.....I just wanted to throw this out there as "food for thought."

you say your in the band huh? well are ya'll going to actually play this friday night or are ya'll going to enjoy a free ticket to the game like usual

Don't blame the band members, they have begged to be involved more! Coach feels like the band is an extension of the team and tried also, but that is the way the tuba is blown.

Edited by wingman