Ooltewah vs. Farragut

ImaOWL

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A typical Farragut fan is irrational, arrogant, and incorrect all the time. I guess I'm still being one!

Maybe I should switch teams.

My plan was to be whiny, arrogant, and unreasonable. I feel I've done exactly that. Ooltewah is so much better it just hurts me.

And if you would also take out that pointless part about Marshall V. Sterling. If you weren't paying attention, the only thing I've said in that topic is how much Yards Per Carry Brian had, before I knew Andre's , and how I think that is probably the deciding factor.

You sure did accomplish your goal. You are extremely whiny, arrogant and unreasonable. I have a feeling it comes fairly natural to you and several of your Hooterville neighbors too !!! :angry: The funniest part is, you Hootnannys don't really have anything to be arrogant about. Not yet at least !

You sure did accomplish your goal. You are extremely whiny, arrogant and unreasonable. I have a feeling it comes fairly natural to you and several of your Hooterville neighbors too !!! :angry: The funniest part is, you Hootnannys don't really have anything to be arrogant about. Not yet at least !

what do you have to be arrogant about? i'd say the only ones that have any kind of reason to be arrogant(even tho no one needs to be) is ooltewah, they do have a region championship and a win over farragut this year

Was Farragut not full strength week 8? Ooltewah is 12-0 Farragut is 9-3... How is Farragut better?

I never said Farragut is better. I think Farragut and Ooltewah are just about the same strength. I think if they played 10 times (five on each home field) each team would probably win five times.

The biggest reason that Ooltewah is undefeated and Farragut isn't is that Farragut played a tougher out of region schedule, plus Ooltewah gets close 2 pt. victory at home. If you don't believe me that Farragut played a tougher schedule, the just check the strength of schedule factor on most all of the Tennessee High School ranking services that can be found as links from www.tssaa.org

i dont know if Farragut really played a tougher schedule. 2 of Farragut's losses are to 4A teams. Knoxville Central and Powell. Farragut probably shoulda beat Powell. and week1 vs. Knoxville Central Farragut did not play well at all. Bearden beat Knox Central pretty easily and Farragut beat Bearden twice. take that for what its worth but. if Farragut and Knox Central were to play again. i think Farragut would win by atleast 14. Powell just won because they came out with a new offense and that was the 1st week they used it. Farragut stopped them in the 2nd half and caught back up and went to OT but lost. i dont know if Chattanooga Central is better than any of those. im not sure who else Ooltewah has played. Cookeville who has lost like 4 times i think and won their region.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

i dont know if Farragut really played a tougher schedule. 2 of Farragut's losses are to 4A teams. Knoxville Central and Powell. Farragut probably shoulda beat Powell. and week1 vs. Knoxville Central Farragut did not play well at all. Bearden beat Knox Central pretty easily and Farragut beat Bearden twice. take that for what its worth but. if Farragut and Knox Central were to play again. i think Farragut would win by atleast 14. Powell just won because they came out with a new offense and that was the 1st week they used it. Farragut stopped them in the 2nd half and caught back up and went to OT but lost. i dont know if Chattanooga Central is better than any of those. im not sure who else Ooltewah has played. Cookeville who has lost like 4 times i think and won their region.

yeah the schedules are pretty even...chatt central is terrible, but it is ooltewah's traditional rival so they are on the schedule, and cookeville and rhea county are good teams, but not great teams...and farraguts schedule isn't the toughest around but its not bad, so i'd say that part of the argument is pretty even

what do you have to be arrogant about? i'd say the only ones that have any kind of reason to be arrogant(even tho no one needs to be) is ooltewah, they do have a region championship and a win over farragut this year

Nothing. I'm not being arrogant in this thread. I've just been responding to the Hooterville arrogance of thinking that they are so much head and shoulders above Farragut, and the Good Lord's gift to Tennessee High School football this year, which isn't the case.

Hooterville has no reason to be arrogant either, for several reasons.

1) You only beat Farragut by 2 pts. Both teams squandered opportunities and both teams made some plays. (ultimately the Owls had home field advantage and that usually gives a team at least 3 pts. therefore Ooltewah and Farragut are virtually even in strength)

2) You had to have the refs cheat for you to beat a team (William Blount) that Farragut legitmately beat twice this year, including a 21-7 decisive victory in the latest matchup.

3) Farragut beat some common opponents worse than Ooltewah, and vice versa, further proving the equality of these two teams.

4) Ooltewah hasn't won anything ever in football at a state level, and has been such a pitiful program over the years, that even Farragut makes their football accomplishments pale in comparison.

For all of these reasons and more (if I had more time to think of them), Ooltewah has no LEGITIMATE right to feel superior to Farragut in football this year, nor do they have any LEGITIMATE right to display such arrogance and disrespect to Farragut as is being shown in this thread !!!

Nothing. I'm not being arrogant in this thread. I've just been responding to the Hooterville arrogance of thinking that they are so much head and shoulders above Farragut, and the Good Lord's gift to Tennessee High School football this year, which isn't the case.

Hooterville has no reason to be arrogant either, for several reasons.

1) You only beat Farragut by 2 pts. Both teams squandered opportunities and both teams made some plays. (ultimately the Owls had home field advantage and that usually gives a team at least 3 pts. therefore Ooltewah and Farragut are virtually even in strength)

2) You had to have the refs cheat for you to beat a team (William Blount) that Farragut legitmately beat twice this year, including a 21-7 decisive victory in the latest matchup.

3) Farragut beat some common opponents worse than Ooltewah, and vice versa, further proving the equality of these two teams.

4) Ooltewah hasn't won anything ever in football at a state level, and has been such a pitiful program over the years, that even Farragut makes their football accomplishments pale in comparison.

For all of these reasons and more (if I had more time to think of them), Ooltewah has no LEGITIMATE right to feel superior to Farragut in football this year, nor do they have any LEGITIMATE right to display such arrogance and disrespect to Farragut as is being shown in this thread !!!

Haha... I still don't get how you think Ooltewah shows no respect towards Farragut. Good call on the WB game... Let me tell ya we paid those refs and extra $1000 for a job well done.... You are crazy!

Farragut hasnt won anything in football at the state level either. other than a few playoff games here and there. i think they made it to the semis once but lost.

yeah the schedules are pretty even...chatt central is terrible, but it is ooltewah's traditional rival so they are on the schedule, and cookeville and rhea county are good teams, but not great teams...and farraguts schedule isn't the toughest around but its not bad, so i'd say that part of the argument is pretty even

For whatever you think it's worth, just going by what you find on the various ranking services of strength of schedule here is how they compare:

Coach T Sched. Rankings

Farragut 26

Ooltewah 43

Massey Sched. Rankings

Farragut 7

Ooltewah 28

The Sports Report (Memphis) Sched. Rankings

Farragut 2

Ooltewah 8

I think the ranking services consider Central, Powell and Bearden to collectively be a much stronger group then Cookville, Chatt. Central, and Rhea Co. even though Central and Powell are 4A teams. They may be 4A but they are in the toughest 4A Region and were still playoff teams.

Farragut hasnt won anything in football at the state level either. other than a few playoff games here and there. i think they made it to the semis once but lost.

Yes I know Farragut has no state championships in football either. However, Farragut does have 14 previous playoff appearances compared to Ooltewah's 5. (not counting this year) Also, out of our 14 overall previous playoff appearances, Farragut has 3 semi-final appearances and 3 separate qtr. final appearances (not counting the semi-final years). Ooltewah has only been past the second round previously 1 time, which was a semi-final appearance. Like I said, neither team has that great of a football tradition, but Ooltewah's pales even in comparison to Farragut's.

My whole point is not to say how great Farragut is, because we're not. Were just a pretty decent program in football. However, my objective on this whole thread is to point out to these few arrogant Ooltewah folks, that they have no reason to be so cocky and think themselves to be better than Farragut, either this year or ever for that matter !!! I think I have proven that !!!