Ooltewah vs. Farragut

ImaOWL

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, you have not been among the Ooltewah fans on this board that have been showing a lack of respect for Farragut, and my comments have not been directed towards you at all.

Personally, I don't think Farragut will win this game either, but I think it will be close, and all evidence from the season backs up that opinion. All I have been objecting to, is the unbridled overconfidence and unjustified arrogance of majority of Ooltewah fans (only the majority of those posting on this board) who are predicting no chance for Farragut and a relatively easy game for Ooltewah. That is showing a lack of respect for your opponent. I've never said that Ooltewah fans don't have a right to be proud of their season. My gosh, anytime you go 12-0 you have to enjoy it. All I am objecting to, is this attitude that many Ooltewah fans think their team is so vastly superior to Farragut this year. The evidence of the season says that's not the case.

And for the record, if the roles were reversed, I would in no way be showing arrogance or cockiness towards Ooltewah. I would be expecting a tough game that could go either way. I don't show unjustified arrogance and I don't gloat, unless it is in retaliation for a prior lack of respect shown. Notice that I have had no comments of bragging or arrogance on this board towards WB people after our win over them last week. Yes I was happy and enjoyed the victory, but I did nothing but congratulate WB on a great season. That is because their fans were classy prior to the game and not bragging about how great they were and how they were going to stomp us.

I can guarantee you one thing however, that if Farragut is fortunate enough to pull an upset in this game, I'll be doing some big time crowing, because these Ooltewah fans on here will deserve to have their nose rubbed in the misery of failure after all their bragging about how great they are ahead of time. In fact all we have heard like a broken record for most of the season from Hootervillians is how great this team is, and that they are practically the Almighty's gift to Tennessee high school football this year. Sorry, but I ain't buying it just yet ! If Ooltewah wins this week and goes on to the state championship game then I'll buy into it. Until then, they haven't proven that they are any better than Farragut.

By the way, I really don't care if you or any other person on this board gets tired of me saying all this. If you don't like it then don't read my posts.

orly.jpg

Please dont tell me you said that?? Does your little sister get on here and post??

At least I wasn't stupid and childish enough to post that idiotic picture on this forum to begin with, as a response to a serious post. By the way, what exactly is it to you? Why exactly are you entering the fray? I don't particularly recall anyone addressing you in this thread. This thread is about the unbridled unjustified arrogance of Ooltewah fans. Are you one of the Hooterville crowd or something?

At least I wasn't stupid and childish enough to post that idiotic picture on this forum to begin with, as a response to a serious post. By the way, what exactly is it to you? Why exactly are you entering the fray? I don't particularly recall anyone addressing you in this thread. This thread is about the unbridled unjustified arrogance of Ooltewah fans. Are you one of the Hooterville crowd or something?

OwlJolson.jpg Maybe some of the Owl fans are counting there chickens before they are hatched!!

The fat Owl hasn't song yet!!!!

Thought I would help out the stupid/childish folks. LOL :thumb:

Edited by rigger101

Yep, gotta love him :D hey, Primetime do you think he and BBbest are brothers? ;)

Interesting you say that; but how far you are from the truth. I don't know who FHS_Admiral is, nor does he know who I am, and you have no idea what you are saying.

You probably haven't found anyone take more of an objective, middle ground position on these two schools than I have. Interestingly, I have been accused of favoring several differnent schools on coacht, and when commenting on some of the other sites, I have almost been chased off--with those posters thinking that everyone does not have a right to comment on their "exclusive" threads. I am just trying to give some objective views about the games. I don't have any interest in all the name calling, and would prefer to stick to the game itself.

I still believe this is going to be a good game; all the statistics point to that. Clearly, the home field advantage is Ooltewah's, and as the Admiral said in an earlier post, Farragut has lost their qb. These two factors definitely lean in the favor of the Owls. I watched Ooltewah play last week against Sevier and they looked vastly improved over what I had seen earlier in the year. But I bet Coach Monroe wouldn't be on here bragging about how good they are.

Although I am not a Farragut alum or fan, you have to respect them for all of the sports accomplishments of that school. At the same time, it will do nothing for them on Friday night. At the same time, FHS_Admiral has a very good point--Ooltewah will have reason to shout if they win it all--in the meantime, it would be wise to tone it down just a bit. There is an ole proverb that says, "Pride comes before a fall." I have been excited for the Ooltewah community and they have a lot to be proud of--but that kind of pride is different than gloating. There are just a few posters that seem to get carried away, and most everyone knows it is not all of the posters who have such skewed views. But those that do get carried away, taking it way too far.

I personally respect both programs, and I think there is much for both schools to be proud of. Unfortunately, some people on this site want to take objective comments and interpret them anyway they want. No way you could say I have leaned one way or the other, unless you are so blinded by your own views that you can't see the facts. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but a little refrain could go a long way.

At any rate, good luck to both teams--Ooltewah in a close one--a touchdown or less.

Interesting you say that; but how far you are from the truth. I don't know who FHS_Admiral is, nor does he know who I am, and you have no idea what you are saying.

You probably haven't found anyone take more of an objective, middle ground position on these two schools than I have. Interestingly, I have been accused of favoring several differnent schools on coacht, and when commenting on some of the other sites, I have almost been chased off--with those posters thinking that everyone does not have a right to comment on their "exclusive" threads. I am just trying to give some objective views about the games. I don't have any interest in all the name calling, and would prefer to stick to the game itself.

I still believe this is going to be a good game; all the statistics point to that. Clearly, the home field advantage is Ooltewah's, and as the Admiral said in an earlier post, Farragut has lost their qb. These two factors definitely lean in the favor of the Owls. I watched Ooltewah play last week against Sevier and they looked vastly improved over what I had seen earlier in the year. But I bet Coach Monroe wouldn't be on here bragging about how good they are.

Although I am not a Farragut alum or fan, you have to respect them for all of the sports accomplishments of that school. At the same time, it will do nothing for them on Friday night. At the same time, FHS_Admiral has a very good point--Ooltewah will have reason to shout if they win it all--in the meantime, it would be wise to tone it down just a bit. There is an ole proverb that says, "Pride comes before a fall." I have been excited for the Ooltewah community and they have a lot to be proud of--but that kind of pride is different than gloating. There are just a few posters that seem to get carried away, and most everyone knows it is not all of the posters who have such skewed views. But those that do get carried away, taking it way too far.

I personally respect both programs, and I think there is much for both schools to be proud of. Unfortunately, some people on this site want to take objective comments and interpret them anyway they want. No way you could say I have leaned one way or the other, unless you are so blinded by your own views that you can't see the facts. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but a little refrain could go a long way.

At any rate, good luck to both teams--Ooltewah in a close one--a touchdown or less.

Wow !!! Man, did you just sum things up beautifully or what. You just got to the heart of everything I've been trying to say in this thread. I agree with every single thing you said 1000%. And you did a much better job than me in saying it ! I'll leave things alone now. Good luck to both teams. I hope it is a classic of a high school football game this Friday no matter who wins !!!

Edited by FHS_Admiral