Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going tonight starman?

Arguing over refs has always burned me up. the supervisor of the refs was at Hampton when we played Harriman and he even said it was a disgrace. :P By the way, not one of her "boys".

No,

I will be in Mtn.City covering the Hall of Fame basketball games. I wish my old school the best of luck. I was a baller at one time, back when leather helmet and no face masks were in style.

They compared me to 7-up, never had it and never will!

Have a safe trip and again best of luck

No,

I will be in Mtn.City covering the Hall of Fame basketball games. I wish my old school the best of luck. I was a baller at one time, back when leather helmet and no face masks were in style.

They compared me to 7-up, never had it and never will!

Have a safe trip and again best of luck

PS Enjoy it, it's going to be our turn in a few years!

I hope :P:P

overall records of all teams that Coalfield ha played---37-85

overall record of teams that hampton has played---54-74

for that matter it is wasy to see whose schedule was harder. plus you all didn't play as many playoff teams or bigger teams.

Didn't play bigger teams?

heck every team Coalfield has played with the execption of Copper Basin, Sunbright and Oakdale are bigger. Coalfield is only a handful of students bigger than those three. Most they played have over 2X as many students.

Their non conference games were Wartburg 2A, Oliver Springs 2A, Cumberland Gap 2A, and Copper Basin 1A.

Cumberland Gap made the 2A playoffs. Oliver Springs and Wartburg play in the same region as Alcoa, Loudon, and Sweetwater. It's hard for them to win many games in that region.

Coalfield has a tough time finding teams to play them. I am sure Hampton does too. There are very few 1A teams that we can play, and the 2A teams hate playing a team in 1A that might beat them. OS and Wartburg only do it because they are huge money makers.

One thing i have found is that there is no way whatsoever that you can go by common opponent scores to figure out who will win a game. No way.

Take the Oneida game for instance. CHS and OHS have a huge rivalry and get up big time for that game. OHS had to travel almost 4 hours to get to Hampton to play a game. CHS played at OHS.

We've go less than 9 hours until it actually matters. This thread has got me pumped about the game.

I've always wondered how Coalfield did so well with such a small school. I don't feel sorry for them anymore. As some guy from down your way said,its common knowledge that all the football player come to Coalfield, .One thing sticks out to me is Friendship and Coalfield are probably the only two 1a schools in the state that only plays 4 guys both ways.Thats not anything bad about Coalfield ,if Iwere in that area, My kid would also probably go to Coalfield. But please quit whinning about what a small school you are.

So you changed my post just for fun right? It is well known that quotes can be changed. Typo's on large vocabulary words vs. improper use of words I'll take the typo anytime.

UH,,,,NOPE. You wrote it, I simply underlined it and put it in bold. :P Just shows we're all HUMAN, whether it is large vocabulary or small words, everyone makes mistakes. You've been on her about her grammar and vocabulary, I though it'd be easier for her to understand the misspelled words if it was highlighted, maybe I was wrong? :P

Doesn't matter, it was all in fun.

Good luck tonight, may the best team win! Either way, I'll support the winner.

Got to go cheer on the team as they pull out of H-Town.

Didn't play bigger teams?

heck every team Coalfield has played with the execption of Copper Basin, Sunbright and Oakdale are bigger. Coalfield is only a handful of students bigger than those three. Most they played have over 2X as many students.

Their non conference games were Wartburg 2A, Oliver Springs 2A, Cumberland Gap 2A, and Copper Basin 1A.

Cumberland Gap made the 2A playoffs. Oliver Springs and Wartburg play in the same region as Alcoa, Loudon, and Sweetwater. It's hard for them to win many games in that region.

Coalfield has a tough time finding teams to play them. I am sure Hampton does too. There are very few 1A teams that we can play, and the 2A teams hate playing a team in 1A that might beat them. OS and Wartburg only do it because they are huge money makers.

One thing i have found is that there is no way whatsoever that you can go by common opponent scores to figure out who will win a game. No way.

Take the Oneida game for instance. CHS and OHS have a huge rivalry and get up big time for that game. OHS had to travel almost 4 hours to get to Hampton to play a game. CHS played at OHS.

We've go less than 9 hours until it actually matters. This thread has got me pumped about the game.

Hampton played 2 4A schools, lost to Johnson Co. by 3 and beat Unicoi. WE played 2A Happy Valley and Beat them. 8 teams total we played made the playoffs and one team (Cosby) was ranked in state above us. So yeah, I fell real good that Hampton has played in Big games, not so sure about coalfield.

Edited by FallSportFan

Look you guys run your flaps for well over 7/8ths of this thread. Sportiemom opened her mouth about academics, stuck her foot in it, and it now will take someone as big as the Hampton line to get it out.

Keep running your mouths, that is fine. Just when you open yourself up, expect to get it back.

I have kept quiet about what this Coalfield team can do and just sat back and watched. Then you crossed the line of false accusations, innuendo (implying something that didn't happen for some of you who may not have a large vocabulary ), would not believe the administration of the Coalfield School and Morgan Co. Schools in general. I defended both which is MY JOB. Gossiping about a family matter involving a kid is over the line also as Dalefan stated. Finally, you have the nerve to get mad at me for defending something that should have never been brought up in the first place. You boys are really all right; but man you need a clue about a few things, Coalfield and Coach K are above reproach, the program is excellent, and the Community supports this school in all areas. The academics are excellent and on target as required. The Sports program can go up against any other program of its size.

So enjoy your trip to Coalfield tonight, you will be treated with integrity, dignity, respect, and accommodations. Enjoy the game, I know I will, win or lose.

:P

You keep quiet...lol impossible!!! Your arrogant little liners about Hampton, its people and its surroundings doesn't qualify you to sit on your high horse and then say your taking the high road on this. By the way, Hampton High School was and is a Blue Ribbon Award winner in academics. So we also know a little about the 3 R's ourself. We may not be all professional people like yourself, but we do know what we are talking about. Can't wait to see you tonight my friend. So defend your school, it's your job. Kicking your schools butt will be ours. :P

Are you going tonight starman?

Arguing over refs has always burned me up. the supervisor of the refs was at Hampton when we played Harriman and he even said it was a disgrace. :D By the way, not one of her "boys".

You must be or have been a Ref. You know as well as I do that a Ref can change the outcome of a game. You say you don't like arguing about the Refs but you sure did put your two cents in about your game and the Refs. By the way I don't need you to be my boy!!!

:P Good Luck Bulldogs :P

I've always wondered how Coalfield did so well with such a small school. I don't feel sorry for them anymore. As some guy from down your way said,its common knowledge that all the football player come to Coalfield, .One thing sticks out to me is Friendship and Coalfield are probably the only two 1a schools in the state that only plays 4 guys both ways.Thats not anything bad about Coalfield ,if Iwere in that area, My kid would also probably go to Coalfield. But please quit whinning about what a small school you are.

Why do you think that kids coming to Coalfield and small school are oranges/oranges? All kids that come to Coalfield live in Coalfield or Morgan County as it is an open zone county. That means if you live in Morgan you can go to High School where you want, you just have to find a way to get there. There are only about 750-900 High school students in all of Morgan County. Heck Wartburg and Hampton are about the same size and I believe they have played one another in years past. I think that was when Hampton was still 2a and couldn't get past Alcoa, just like Wartburg, Oliver Springs and ad nauseum.

Hampton played 2 4A schools, lost to Johnson Co. by 3 and beat Unicoi. WE played 2A Happy Valley and Beat them. 8 teams total we played made the playoffs and one team (Cosby) was ranked in state above us. So yeah, I fell real good that Hampton has played in Big games, not so sure about coalfield.

Two years from now, you can ride down with me to the semi-finals

I out recruiting!