Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalfield was not ready for what they saw last night. Hampton was prepared and fired up for that one.

Coalfield looked flat from the start. They looked as if they took Hampton a little lightly.

It is obvious Hampton is too good a team to take one bit lightly. They are very good on both sides of the ball. A very well disciplined Bulldog team.

What I was most impressed with is how classy they were. I mean from start to finish. Most people probably didn't even notice, but after a short post game talk on the field, they all RAN off the field to the locker room. TOGETHER.

I have never had a team whip my team and immediately become a fan of theirs. I hope Hampton wins it all. I was impressed.

i am still proud of Coalfield. They showed heart even though they knew the game was out of reach at 30-0. They never quit.

#12 is a player. Small, but quick as a cat. Great RB and great DB.

I would have hated to see them with a healthy #25.

Shut down the run and make CHS pass. That's the way to do it. And man did they ever.

Every long run Coalfield had early was a result of a hold. Or at least a hold was made on the play.

Great job all around by Hampton. Good season for Coalfield. Two great teams. One team was just more prepared and fired up.

Good luck Bulldogs. Win it all now. I hope to see you guys in round 3 next year again.

Congrats Dogs! You guys were very impressive last night. I'm just upset I drove all the way from Cosby and didn't get any more of a game than that. I knew you guys could beat the jackets, but... daggum! Was great to see A.T. on the field, but I had to hold my breath every time he stepped out there. (Can't imagine what the Hampton fans feel, much less his Momma.) Hampton, you guys have somethin special. Hope to get to follow you to the "Boro"! :angry: Good Luck from Cosby.

Coalfield was not ready for what they saw last night. Hampton was prepared and fired up for that one.

Coalfield looked flat from the start. They looked as if they took Hampton a little lightly.

It is obvious Hampton is too good a team to take one bit lightly. They are very good on both sides of the ball. A very well disciplined Bulldog team.

What I was most impressed with is how classy they were. I mean from start to finish. Most people probably didn't even notice, but after a short post game talk on the field, they all RAN off the field to the locker room. TOGETHER.

I have never had a team whip my team and immediately become a fan of theirs. I hope Hampton wins it all. I was impressed.

i am still proud of Coalfield. They showed heart even though they knew the game was out of reach at 30-0. They never quit.

#12 is a player. Small, but quick as a cat. Great RB and great DB.

I would have hated to see them with a healthy #25.

Shut down the run and make CHS pass. That's the way to do it. And man did they ever.

Every long run Coalfield had early was a result of a hold. Or at least a hold was made on the play.

Great job all around by Hampton. Good season for Coalfield. Two great teams. One team was just more prepared and fired up.

Good luck Bulldogs. Win it all now. I hope to see you guys in round 3 next year again.

MAGNUMCJ, That is about as classey of post as I have ever read on here. Great year Coalfield and I thought you gave it your all until the end. And Magnum, please tell everyone out there, hampton will be NOBODY'S chumps.

PS We all are routing for Brandon the freight train Davis for Mr football. Another kid that stood out to me was Jared Knight, O yeah, old Switch was a fine football player. Round 3 next year has a great chance, Hampton's young.

where is all the Coalfield from the start of this thread....we are too close to breaking last years record.. your team played with heart.. lets keep it going

GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we're gonna move on. We were beaten by a good football team. This Coalfield team was probably the best 11 man team we have ever had as far as record. We will honor them in many ways. The seniors on this team have played in the 4th round, two third rounds, and have won 39 ball games in 4 years. They are truly record setters. Nothing could have been accomplished with out the upper classmen above them. They have given Coalfield a taste of winning that was lost for a few years. I congradulate the players, past and present, that have played with these seniors. You are the cream of the crop for this program the four year record speaks for itself. Remember where you have been, know where you are going, and return to Coalfield as adults with a purpose to give back. We are in dire need of our young people to take the traditions to the next level, and to assist in the improvement of the Community. Thanks.

Good luck Hampton in the upper rounds. It would be nice to know we were eliminated by the State Champions. Next year, maybe.

Congrats Dogs! You guys were very impressive last night. I'm just upset I drove all the way from Cosby and didn't get any more of a game than that. I knew you guys could beat the jackets, but... daggum! Was great to see A.T. on the field, but I had to hold my breath every time he stepped out there. (Can't imagine what the Hampton fans feel, much less his Momma.) Hampton, you guys have somethin special. Hope to get to follow you to the "Boro"! :lol: Good Luck from Cosby.

Thanks to the Cosby people for coming to the game. A long haul for you all too. Hampton's fans, (from all places) really made a difference in the game. Eagle, you weren't the only one holding your breath for Adam. I was too, along with praying, crossing my fingers, turning my head, closing my eyes, etc. I'm sure we got alot of flack from this one or that one for letting him play, but his dad and I decided to leave it up to Adam (knowing the whole time what his decision would be), At this point, you got to let them make their own decisions, even if you don't agree with them. We know our son and believe in him. He loves football and we coudn't take that away. We gave him all the what if's.. and he gave us some back. You, as a parent, know what it's like to hurt for you child. We did that for over a month and just couldn't do it anymore. We knew and he knew, he wasn't going to be the same Adam on last night's field, but he just wanted to be on the field. Decoy, brave, crazy, non-factor, whatever, he was doing it his way, giving the best he could give at that moment.. That's what he chose to do and we're proud of him for it.

Thanks again for coming and hope you make it next week. If you do, look me up.

Good game to every player on the field last night. Great game to watch. Go Dogs!

Lots of classy post!

You leave me no option but to close up the crow buffet. The crow is cold and we're throwing it out. Good game from all. Look forward to the next time we meet each other.

The bar is open, feel free to join in and have a good time.

Good luck to the Coalfield crazy's in the future seasons!

Hey, is twofive @ your house?