Andre Sterling Can't Carry Brian Marshall's Jock Strap

OwlPride

friendz, ur fightin this battle alone, so im gonna try to end this dispute now. both backs are great, and they should both be up for Mr. Football. unfortunately they wont do it bc they dont want to openly admit that 2-5a is the best conference in the state. but anyway this is like comparing apples and oranges. they're two different styles and the stats are too similar. i dont like comparing common opponents bc not every team plays at the same level week to week. u cant compare yardage, avg. per carry, or TDs bc the defenses play different schemes to stop the other offense. bottom line: marshall is one of the quick and shiftiest rbs ive seen and sterling has the best balance ive seen from a high school player in a while. it doesnt matter who wins the game friday or which back puts up more yards bc this debate over the best back will still go on. lets remember that these two are both juniors. :thumb:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rigger, we went up to DB last year and beat them like WB did. And guess what, Farragut beat us twice.BELIEVE me..the Owls are NOT like "WOW".

We will see! Some where deep down the Tweety Birds must be thinking

"Wow Farragut ended our season the last 2 years"

Be aware little birds Farragut can still end your season. Tuff to beat a ood team twice.

And Sterling is a great back!

FINALLY>> a good post :thumb:

friendz, ur fightin this battle alone, so im gonna try to end this dispute now. both backs are great, and they should both be up for Mr. Football. unfortunately they wont do it bc they dont want to openly admit that 2-5a is the best conference in the state. but anyway this is like comparing apples and oranges. they're two different styles and the stats are too similar. i dont like comparing common opponents bc not every team plays at the same level week to week. u cant compare yardage, avg. per carry, or TDs bc the defenses play different schemes to stop the other offense. bottom line: marshall is one of the quick and shiftiest rbs ive seen and sterling has the best balance ive seen from a high school player in a while. it doesnt matter who wins the game friday or which back puts up more yards bc this debate over the best back will still go on. lets remember that these two are both juniors. B)

This goes back to Brian Marshall not being up for Mr. Football but if you look at the award finalist, NO ONE is from ooltewah. No Darrell Tuner who i think is by far the BEST all round football player in Region 2-5A no Sean Brown as best lineman nor Jeremy Woods. you can ask oak ridge on this one and they will tell you that brian marshall was much more harder to prepare for than riverdale's Gaston Miller, a now SEC runningback at Vandy. In addition, Brian Marshall has an offer to Louisville a top ten team in the nation.

But if you'll take the time to sit down and forget stats an honors and all that jazz you will see that against a good defense Brian Marshall will give the most headaches. The kid is 5'7 150-160 pds and he runs like he's Walter Payton the way he plows over defenders and continues to keep moving and picks up more yards. He can reverse field and find a hole when nothing is there and he ALWAYS makes the first guy miss. Against Sevier Co. NO ONE could stop him even with three guys around. You will not catch him from behind.

Yeah and Peyton didn't win the Heisman :thumb: Awards are what they are awards.Doesn't make you the best. I guess it is all about how your team does and how you contribute. Andre is everything to Farragut. You can't compare the 2.

5. somethin. u cant really say that if Marshall were to get the same amount of carries that Sterling gets hed have the same amount of yards or more. oh well Sterling is up for Mr. Football. thats good enough for me to say he is better. who votes for that anyways. the more carries u get then probly the more yards u get. so teams would look completely different at Ooltewah. instead of seeing them balanced like they are. they would think they are like Farragut and 1 sided. like i said before. EVERY team looks to stop Andre. not Farragut's passing game or both. Its either Andre or nothing. so u cant expect Andre to avg. 7+ yds per carry when theres 8 or 9 in the box every play.

yeah im not bashin Marshall. he is good. i think he is the Best Farragut has palyed against. of course i , like u, am biased towards who i like. plus ive seen all of Farraguts games. and he is hte best every game. except the game vs. ooltewah. but that game Marshall played better than Andre. i havent seen him but once and he was good. but that was also the worst ive seen Andre do. theres been plenty of games where he is hit in the backfield but still seems to get 5+ yards. just against ooltewah he couldnt do it. then we started going away from him so he never could get in a groove. we gave him the ball alot that game too. i was surprised we gave it to him 28 or so times because he just wasnt doing what he normally does. but i guess we figured he would eventually break one. but it never happened. but i still think Andre is better. i hope he can run like he did vs. william blount or like he did vs. Bearden the 3rd game of the season.

I've watched both of these young men for some time now... and they are both quality individuals... neither one of them deserves "bashing". Here' a bold prediction: The team with the best "TEAM" effort will win!

The truth is that Marshall is hurt both by the few number of carries he gets and the fact that he is so small. Sterling is tough; I would have a hard time differentiating, but you know, Marshall isn't up for the back of the year in 5A so I guess it is a moot point.

Just to respond to the original post--a little bit of a stretch to say that Andre can't carry Brian's jock strap. Even if you were to conclude that Brian is better, that is just way too argumentative.

Honestly, i think Trace McDermott is better than both of them, but he's not playin now. But, i think both Ooltewah and Farragut have bigger and better lines than McMinn too.

According to the Knox paper, Trace had more rush yards and more per carry than Sterling, not to mention Trace missed more than half the Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy games..

Edited by Burnt

what day was this paper from? they didnt even update the stats in the prepxtra section after the 1st round of the playoffs. or if they did i didnt notice and neither did Andre. he had the same amount of yards according to the paper before the WB game that he did at the end of the regular season. if u go by what the news sentinal has Andre at which i think is 1522. or was. then add up the 1st and 2nd rnds of the playoffs. i think its somethin like 1920. or there about. im pretty sure its above 1900. the game i saw McMinns rb he didnt seem to be that much of a factor so i cant really tell u what i think of him cuz there wasnt much to go on. im sure he is good back though

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

And a small reason that no Ooltewah players are in the running for Mr. Football would be me, since I was out of town for 4 games (between Nashville and NW Arkansas) and didn't get stats caught up until last week. I also didn't send out any info on anyone to some of the Mr. Football voters. So if any of the Ooltewah people want to jump my case, you all know where I sit on Friday nights. And I might give you an answer you won't like.

Nobody from Ooltewah should win Mr. Football because they play so much as a team. Nobody's stats are going to be the best in Tennessee because so many people can score.

That said, Brian Marshall should be the frontrunner heading into next year's race, and John Long will probably win Kicker of the year when he's a senior.