RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

I LOVE MY WARRIORS OUR BOYS FOUGHT HARD TONIGHT BUT JUST DIDNT GET IT DONE. if we are going to get beat then i am glad it is smyrna (father in law thing) i will be pulling for smyrna to win it all this was the smyrna team i was expecting in week 8 great job bulldogs but to win state you have to do all the same things again this week keep quiet and play focus on ootlewah and play dont listen to everyone tell you how good you are because you beat RIVERDALE gloat over that after Dec. 2 right now focus on ootlewah and hopefully then state Oak Ridge didnt do that last year and got beat i will talk about the game tomorrow so that i dont type things that will step on some toes or hurt some feelings

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was amazing. I attended the game I am a student athlete at Smyrna High. Tonight was the best feeling in the world after reading these forums for about 2 weeks about how Lavergne was going to win and Riverdale was going to dominate us. Its about time we get some respect. Going around school today I could feel it in the air, there was electricity, I was hype and all I had was basketball practice. I spoke with Coach Mid. and a few of my friends that were on the team and told them how I felt it in the air, it was our night, very well executed game plan. I had found out what they were gonna do and it sounded fluent but the execution was amazing. Good game Rod, Maceo, Toine, Sonny, and hopefully Hosford (sp?) will kick better next week. That last field goal was the most intense play of the game other than Josh Crouch running in the game winning touchdown.

Balllinnnnnn'!

This game was amazing. I attended the game I am a student athlete at Smyrna High. Tonight was the best feeling in the world after reading these forums for about 2 weeks about how Lavergne was going to win and Riverdale was going to dominate us. Its about time we get some respect. Going around school today I could feel it in the air, there was electricity, I was hype and all I had was basketball practice. I spoke with Coach Mid. and a few of my friends that were on the team and told them how I felt it in the air, it was our night, very well executed game plan. I had found out what they were gonna do and it sounded fluent but the execution was amazing. Good game Rod, Maceo, Toine, Sonny, and hopefully Hosford (sp?) will kick better next week. That last field goal was the most intense play of the game other than Josh Crouch running in the game winning touchdown.

Balllinnnnnn'!

But the best play of the game was that victory formation baby!!!! Running onto that field when that clock struck 00.00 was the best feeling for me. I hugged people I had never even talked to before and congratulated every single player. It didn't matter who you were as long as you were a Smyrna Bulldog.

Yep I had talked in the stands about running onto the field after the game if we won. It was so great I was so hype I just jumped the fence and I was gone. Goodness it was great, my voice is about out from all the screaming. You might have been able to have heard/seen me I was in the middle of the stands yelling pretty much the whole time. The drive before we scored I said "Come on Coach Shad, Put the ball in the air!!" And next thing you know next drive he does it and we score 6! woo baby!

Yep I had talked in the stands about running onto the field after the game if we won. It was so great I was so hype I just jumped the fence and I was gone. Goodness it was great, my voice is about out from all the screaming. You might have been able to have heard/seen me I was in the middle of the stands yelling pretty much the whole time. The drive before we scored I said "Come on Coach Shad, Put the ball in the air!!" And next thing you know next drive he does it and we score 6! woo baby!

Yea I have always wanted to run onto a field after a game and now I can say that I have. I will remember this for the rest of my life.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

Which game did you see?

The Bulldogs just wanted this more. I've said it before, and I say it again.........you better be able to pass in November to win, and Riverdale is so one-dimensional, its crazy. I love Coach Aydelott, but he better join the club and bring his offense into the 21 Century. Smyrna just keyed on the Jet Sweep and stayed home on the Counter O series and just frustrated Riverdale. Smyrna blew some opportunities and accomplished this on a night where Sonny didn't have his A game, Rod was struggling with an injury, an OLB got hurt bad, and when Horsford had an uncharacteristicly bad night kicking the ball. They missed two scoring opportunities in the red zone early, yet persevered.

To answer the question from the guy not familiar with AAAAA football not understanding the 51 point swing between the two meetings, it is really simple. Riverdale was in Smyrna's head for years. Most of those years, Riverdale had the better team with better players, but this year is different. The Bulldogs just got psyched out in the first meeting. Smyrna has some great talent. Maceo should play at the next level, Antoine can play at the next level, Rod WILL play at the next level, Sonny will be pitching in the majors in about 5 years, Shadrake is a player that somebody should take a look at, and Crouch, I mean what can you say, the boy is a str8 baller.

I think all Bulldog players and fans will agree, the best play of the season was by whoever convinced Shad to let Crouch back on the team. He has made the most of his second chance and I congratulate him. I knew he would bounce back, he's just that type of kid.

Congrats Bulldogs.......I do some business in Chattanooga and have seen Ooltewah once and they can be beaten. Smyrna has more raw talent, but you still got to bring it.

shad will not beat riverdale...point blank period dot comma aposterphy backslash. he had plenty of years to figure out riverdales offense with rankin (rankin never changed his offense), he found it out, but he didnt know how to stop it. after seeing this wing T one time (i figure he saw it a few times with A was at hillsboro but its my understanding it has been tweaked somewhat), he will not have the solution. and its not like he has the defensive players to do it anyways.

i have no worries that shadowens will ever beat riverdale.

HA HA HA :thumb::lol::P:P You should have seen the looks on yall's face tonight.. came in thinking it was going to be a Cake Walk... thought wrong.. but hey yea ya'll beat us 49-0 but when it counted who won??? WE BALLIN