RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Im a Ravenwood fan, so I really don't like to post in other games message boards, but i just have two things to say. One, Symrna great job. No one thought you could do it, just like no one thought we could get this far. It is a great feeling proving so many people wrong isn't it? Two, I just want to know where SCONFEARTHESPEAR08 is, or however you spell his name. All year he had been getting on Ravenwood blogs, (Symrna's too probably) and bashing our team, even after we drilled indy, even after we handled Gallitin. I never said anything back because I didn't want to stoop to his level. But I'm sorry this time I say it. KARMA IS A BIA AINT IT! I hope ever word you have said bashing everyother team in the state other than Riverdale is coming back and bitting you in the butt. Again I am not the type of person to come on here and talk trash, but this was just too good to pass up. Sorry Spear08, maybe you can come to the State Championship game and tell everyone how weak we are, ill get you front row tickets.

Ok, Im a Ravenwood fan, so I really don't like to post in other games message boards, but i just have two things to say. One, Symrna great job. No one thought you could do it, just like no one thought we could get this far. It is a great feeling proving so many people wrong isn't it? Two, I just want to know where SCONFEARTHESPEAR08 is, or however you spell his name. All year he had been getting on Ravenwood blogs, (Symrna's too probably) and bashing our team, even after we drilled indy, even after we handled Gallitin. I never said anything back because I didn't want to stoop to his level. But I'm sorry this time I say it. KARMA IS A BIA AINT IT! I hope ever word you have said bashing everyother team in the state other than Riverdale is coming back and bitting you in the butt. Again I am not the type of person to come on here and talk trash, but this was just too good to pass up. Sorry Spear08, maybe you can come to the State Championship game and tell everyone how weak we are, ill get you front row tickets.

Exactly. It feels better than anything in the world to beat them you have no idea.

We've got the underrated Raptors on one side and the most "overrated" underDOGS ever on the other. It'll be interesting to see what these cinderellas will do from here on out.

Exactly. It feels better than anything in the world to beat them you have no idea.

We've got the underrated Raptors on one side and the most "overrated" underDOGS ever on the other. It'll be interesting to see what these cinderellas will do from here on out.

lol I wouldn't call Smyrna a "cinderella"

I really have no idea who will go on to win the title this year, Ooltewah is the favorite I guess but Smyrna could definitely beat them

Smyrna and Ravenwood are my two teams...Smyrna because they are out of Region 4 and Ravenwood because they are probably the least expected to win. Good luck to both teams

riverdaleman Nov 13 2006 - 01:54 AM Post #41

Medalist

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 76,991

QUOTE(fearthespear08 @ Nov 12 2006 - 02:33 PM)

dude, shut up seriously....ya'll talked it all up for 8 weeks and when we played, ya'll showed ya'll have nothing on us....quit talking seriously....i'm tired of reading all this stuff about how smyrna's going to win because they're a better team blah blah....did you not see the first game?

what first game?.....please forget about that first game during the regular season it means NOTHING right now...if smyrna beats us on friday night they will play a home game on friday and we will be wondering what to do on a friday after thanksgiving you MUST remember the old cliche....everyone is 0-0 when the playoffs start and now we are all 2-0 so forget about the first game learn the adjustments they have made counter the adjustment and go win the game.

82cat what is the biggest defensive adjustment that you think has made the improvement...you shut out lavergne this time and last game tey scored 20 so what was the big key there and how do you see that benefitting yall on friday night

:thumb:

Edited by 82cat

Wow, from 49-0 loss, I never in the world thought that Smyrna would bounce back. Congratulations to the Bulldogs and good luck against Ooltewah.

As to all you Riverdale fans, I wont repeat whats already been stated. But some of you need to learn that when you hype your team all season long, people are gonna jump on you when you lose. I just hope you don't act like Independence and claim everyone on this board hates on Riverdale. That's the price you pay when you talk smack.

Must have been a great game.

I feel bad for the Riverdale folk that have class...I was where you are in 2003. No question though that the Warriors will bounce back alot quicker than the Falcons have.

I don't feel bad at all for the classless smack spewers. Maybe they'll grow up a little after this.

Congratulations Bulldogs - y'all are the first Region 4 team to beat Riverdale since at least the 2001 season. Make us proud next week against Ooltewah!

Must have been a great game.

I feel bad for the Riverdale folk that have class...I was where you are in 2003. No question though that the Warriors will bounce back alot quicker than the Falcons have.

I don't feel bad at all for the classless smack spewers. Maybe they'll grow up a little after this.

Congratulations Bulldogs - y'all are the first Region 4 team to beat Riverdale since at least the 2001 season. Make us proud next week against Ooltewah!

That 2003 game still hurts.

Wow, from 49-0 loss, I never in the world thought that Smyrna would bounce back. Congratulations to the Bulldogs and good luck against Ooltewah.

As to all you Riverdale fans, I wont repeat whats already been stated. But some of you need to learn that when you hype your team all season long, people are gonna jump on you when you lose. I just hope you don't act like Independence and claim everyone on this board hates on Riverdale. That's the price you pay when you talk smack.

There is going to be hype about Riverdale. They are Riverdale. Congrats on your win Smyrna. You guys might wanna ship in some more bleachers because the city of Chattanooga will be there on Friday! Good Luck

riverdaleman Nov 13 2006 - 01:54 AM Post #41

Medalist

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 76,991

QUOTE(fearthespear08 @ Nov 12 2006 - 02:33 PM)

dude, shut up seriously....ya'll talked it all up for 8 weeks and when we played, ya'll showed ya'll have nothing on us....quit talking seriously....i'm tired of reading all this stuff about how smyrna's going to win because they're a better team blah blah....did you not see the first game?

what first game?.....please forget about that first game during the regular season it means NOTHING right now...if smyrna beats us on friday night they will play a home game on friday and we will be wondering what to do on a friday after thanksgiving you MUST remember the old cliche....everyone is 0-0 when the playoffs start and now we are all 2-0 so forget about the first game learn the adjustments they have made counter the adjustment and go win the game. quote]

i tried to tell them didnt i.

Ok i will try and give my little "summary" of the game:

I thought both defenses played great i thought smyrnas coaches made some great adjustments not only becasue they won but because when you play a wing T offense all you have to do is play discpline defense and you can slow them down to beat them all you have ot do is play your gaps and make the tackle. i am not one who can pull my old post but the things i dont like abut the wing t came to a head last night. i also thought we were stubborn in our play calling why in the world we dont throw a few more passes or at least try to they were stacking the box and CONTAINING the run so throw the ball a few times and help your lineman out. I had about 20 people from church there last night and on of the parents looked at me and asked do yall only have 3 plays? when you dont mix it up anymore than that you are really not giving you lineman a chance OUR BOYS IN MY OPINION PLAYED GREAT I AM PROUD OF THERE EFFORT LAST NIGHT I THOUGHT THEY EXECUTED WELL THEY PLAYED GREAT DEFENSE even on the TD pass sonny had a guy grabbing his jersey we have got to knock that ball down or make the tackle i knew crouch would be a difference maker

hindsight 20-20 i wished we had kicked the feild goal when we were on the 2 or 3 yard line i didnt mind it if scott could play but when he had to sit i thought we should have kicked it there and to the coaches credit the play was there paul just didnt get to the hole quick enough i think scott would have scored on that "my opinion" on the feild goal we did kick i thought he hit it well and it just went to the left hold your head high kid that happens to the best of them we will need you next year so work hard and stay at it

CONGRATS to smyrna i hope you win state as that will make my father-in-law a VERY HAPPY MAN and i will also be happy to i like coach shad mr raikes and many people there at smyrna

82cat what is the biggest defensive adjustment that you think has made the improvement...you shut out lavergne this time and last game tey scored 20 so what was the big key there and how do you see that benefitting yall on friday night

Edited by riverdaleman

I noted you were the lone voice crying out in the wilderness

I agree with the field goal after thomas was out for that play.

I think though when you have beaten a team 49 to 0 it even affects the coaches. I am sure they thought they would score one of several td's on that play and never thought it would come down to a 2 point game

I

I do not agree with trying the fg at the end I am one of these folks that jst do not beleive in putting the game in some ones hands that has done nothing but watch the game for 4 qtrs. I want it in my playmakers (thomas ) hands and if you stop him so be it. So far Adeylott has not shown good decisions in close games

also thought both defenses played really well. Smyrnas plan was to bend but don't break. When I saw Smyrna was at least holding its own on the defensive line and stopping everyting in the middle I knew it was going to ba a game. Once we adjusted to thomas running and stopped that, Riverdales offense was hurting. Who would have thought Riverdale would have the ball 4 times inside smyrnas 25 in the 4th qtr and come away with no points.

A lot of folks want to bash coach shad on here but he made all the right changes after the last riverdale game and pushed all the right buttons. Someone else that should get credit is the defensive coordinators Coach Keesler in his 1st yr at Smyrna

The difference -- smyrna for the first time ever went into this game asking the defense to win it and running an offense that rarely went 4 and 5 wide or from the shotgun and continued to run the ball and run clock and not make mistakes.

This game was a battle in the interrior line ( for those of us who watch whats going on there) Smyrna had 2 extra d lineman they didnt have 1st time and this allowed them to rotate players. I don't know how riverdales lineman looked after the game but smyrnas looked like they had been in a 3 hour fight they were bruised and bloodied and exhausted