2007-2009 Class 2A

Big Country

You are correct about the tie breaker rule. It will be interesting to see if any "cupcakes" are scheduled just in case that rule comes into play. It will be terrible if that happens.

I heard yesterday it was a done deal. That was before these recent TSSAA changes. Hopefully they can still work it out.

Crockett, Camden and Huntingdon for a out of region schedule? I really don't see that happening with the new tiebreaker procedures for the wildcards. Region 8 is still stacked with all of the 2006 playoff teams staying in the same region. Throw in a new JCS team and an improving USJ squad and you still have the toughest region in the state to to bottom!!!!! They just changed the region number to 8 as opposed to 7.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Advisor

You are correct about the tie breaker rule. It will be interesting to see if any "cupcakes" are scheduled just in case that rule comes into play. It will be terrible if that happens.

The toughest 2A region in the state.....possibly. Toughest REGION in the state......NEVER! I AM THE ADVISOR!!

Judging from the Tennessean report, it states that the final teams in would be chosen via a wild card. Using this season as a measuring stick, why would the mighty Mustangs want to play Milan? This shocks the ADVISOR! The Mustangs have less than a 50/50 chance against any Jeff Morris coached team! (He could beat you with Red Boiling Springs)! If the Wild Horses wanna renew a rivalry, look down the street the 1A Central Tigers! At least that would offer a better chance at victory and a quality playoff position! The ADVISOR is aware of how important rivalrys are in Carroll County (very overrated!) Wouldn't the Mustangs rather see the rivalry game in week 12 when you might could send one another home instead of Morris keeping you out of the playoffs entirely?? Here's the ADVISOR's suggestion to the non-region schedule!

Bruceton -- WOW-couldn't each school use that gate!

Dresden -- Another quality crowd

Mckenzie -- 2007 should be in Mckenzie (Gotta have that RIVALRY game!)

Chester County -- Guaranteed W

Until you get better, wait til Week 11-15 to flex your muscle. Trust the ADVISOR, if you want a pat on the back, win 1 or 2 games to start the season and the Jackson Sun will have you in the top half of their "dirty dozen" no matter who you beat-re gardless of their strength! For those unsure of this, look in the archives from last Friday's Sun and tell the ADVISOR how many are still alive!! The answer shoud be 5. Those still alive are:

Milan -- Don't shedule them Stangs!

Dyersburg -- Coach Counce groomed Coach Morris (Don't schedule)

Humbolt -- Possible playoff matchup in 2007

Covington-- Too much speed for 2As to play

JCS -- Would be a great game for H'ton if one of the other fell through

Less the Advisor forgets, the 2 powers in their class left out were the Fightin' Falcons who play JCS Friday and the Powerful Patriots who took over Orange Mound last weekend! GOOD LUCK MUSTANGS in 2007! I AM THE ADVISOR!!

I think the advisor needs to go back and check his fact sheet, I dont have the exact numbers in front of me but the all time numbers are around 42 -37 with the advantage to Milan. And the record after the last 14 games stands at 7-7. Huntingdon will continue to schedule Milan as long as it is possible, even after we drop to A ball. BOTH programs want the gate this game generates and the measuring stick it provides.

Waverly's non region games will be, newly added Wayne Co., former region foe Lewis Co., an oppopnent from years and years back..Hickman Co., and a team we used to play, Harpeth.

Waverly's non region games will be, newly added Wayne Co., former region foe Lewis Co., an oppopnent from years and years back..Hickman Co., and a team we used to play, Harpeth.

Guest Advisor

I think the advisor needs to go back and check his fact sheet, I dont have the exact numbers in front of me but the all time numbers are around 42 -37 with the advantage to Milan. And the record after the last 14 games stands at 7-7. Huntingdon will continue to schedule Milan as long as it is possible, even after we drop to A ball. BOTH programs want the gate this game generates and the measuring stick it provides.

The ADVISOR realizes the standings between the DOGS and THE WILD & UNTAMED HORSES is tight, the point is in a year plagued by injuries such as this past season or a season with inferior talent, the Bullish Dawgs could keep you out of the playoffs! Is your Milan gate worth giving up as many as 2 weeks of your season? Hollow-Rock and McKenzie can give you the $$$! You better put up some wins or you will be talking about the playoffs from Mallard's restaurant instead of at Paul Ward Stadium! The ADVISOR likes the ZEAL and CONFIDENCE my Mustand69 friend has and the positive foresight you show towards the Mustang's next rodeo! However, be advised that only your friendly neighbors to the Northeast and your good friends to your Southwest will be hosting playoff games Friday night! The ADVISOR thinks with absolute certainty that the Mighty Stangs would wanna join the Patriots and replace the Horned Boat Paddlers from Gibson County as they both host the Quarterfinals!! I AM THE ADVISOR!!

The ADVISOR realizes the standings between the DOGS and THE WILD & UNTAMED HORSES is tight, the point is in a year plagued by injuries such as this past season or a season with inferior talent, the Bullish Dawgs could keep you out of the playoffs! Is your Milan gate worth giving up as many as 2 weeks of your season? Hollow-Rock and McKenzie can give you the $$$! You better put up some wins or you will be talking about the playoffs from Mallard's restaurant instead of at Paul Ward Stadium! The ADVISOR likes the ZEAL and CONFIDENCE my Mustand69 friend has and the positive foresight you show towards the Mustang's next rodeo! However, be advised that only your friendly neighbors to the Northeast and your good friends to your Southwest will be hosting playoff games Friday night! The ADVISOR thinks with absolute certainty that the Mighty Stangs would wanna join the Patriots and replace the Horned Boat Paddlers from Gibson County as they both host the Quarterfinals!! I AM THE ADVISOR!!

Dude - you are too funny!!!!!!!!!! <_<:thumb::o:o:)

Huntington should have no trouble making the playoffs in their new region. I'm aware that there are several teams in this area that would play lesser competition just to seal a playoff spot. But if you aren't good enough to beat a team you will likely meet in the playoffs then what is the point. I don’t know the goals of other schools but I know the goal for Milan is to win state, not play week teams in order to make the playoffs and be knocked out the first round. I'm pretty sure Huntington fans feel the same way. You have to beat the best to be the best and if you aren't good enough to compete with your biggest rival, then why bother with the rest?

Stangfan.. If that is true better tell "Bucket" he'd better start getting ready tomorrow... :lol: We've opened up against Milan in the past and what a great way to kick off the season.

Yes these two have started off the season against each other 19 times in their history with Huntingdon only winning 5 of those. (Of course that was a couple of decades ago.)

Should be a great way to kick off the season for both teams though.

Huntingdon will play milan week one for the next two years.

After that we will drop to single A when everything is realigned. Our school enrollment is dropping.

Whether or not Huntingdon is ever classified as 1A remains to be seen. But I can surely tell you, enrollment 'enshrollment,' they will continue to play in 2A. They will choose to play up rather than drop.