Jack Daniels Named Page Head Coach

CHS 2007

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get Big Country stirred up. IF JB comes back....that means his wife wants him out of the house...he was doing well selling real estate. But he has football deep in his veins. Page defense hasn't been the same since he left. He and Jack are very good friends. JB's family just doesn't want him coaching. BUT.....if the AD was gone...that might open a door. Who knows...I'll find out if I can.

Hey bulldog69 I heard that a former head coach was coming back to serve as the defensive coordinator next year :unsure:

HINT: The initials are JB :thumb:

Coach Daniels needs to hire HIS guys. He doesn't need nor does Page need Jackie Bennett. He needs to leave the past alone and just move on and move forward with the Page program.

Edited by vandy1

Coach Daniels needs to hire HIS guys. He doesn't need nor does Page need Jackie Bennett. He needs to leave the past alone and just move on and move forward with the Page program.

vandy...I don't think that is for you to judge.......and I wouldn't be too sure that Page couldn't use JB. I also don't think you realize what good friends Jack and Jackie are.

JB is the the winningest coach in Page history and that part of the past was VERY successful.

I'm just telling ya to not be shocked if the move does indeed happen :thumb:

You're right....don't be surprised......but also don't be surprised at what other assistants Daniels ends up with as well.

We'll take 300....and in the past several of Page Middle went to Centennial...so that is nothing new. I've learned to never get excited about rezoning in this county.

By the way...is there a little jealousy that ol' Jack went with Page instead of Centennial? What could possibly be the draw for him to come to Centennial?

Besides I don't think anyone put a gun on him and made decide on Page. He sees a lot more potential there and will have more of a free hand

CHS had a lot of potential too and Daniels said long ago that he was interested in Centennial. I think what it came down to was more personal relations with the people at Page. I would have loved to have Jack as our coach, but what can you do? We'll find our guy, meanwhile Jack will have a great future as a Patriot.

• 2 months later...

Coach Daniels has kept Coach Palmer as defensive cooridinator. He has also kept coach rathbone as the offensive line coach. Not to sure about other coaches. The team looks to be doing pretty well, they finally have a good workout program, JD is pushing them hard. I think he is going to make them have some pride about being a page football player because of how hard they work. They will be improved next year. I hope more kids come out for football from the school, not just from re-zoning. There is talent already there, maybe with the coaching change more kids will come out.

Coach Daniels has kept Coach Palmer as defensive cooridinator. He has also kept coach rathbone as the offensive line coach. Not to sure about other coaches. The team looks to be doing pretty well, they finally have a good workout program, JD is pushing them hard. I think he is going to make them have some pride about being a page football player because of how hard they work. They will be improved next year. I hope more kids come out for football from the school, not just from re-zoning. There is talent already there, maybe with the coaching change more kids will come out.

Alvin Palmer?????? I thought he was retiring :(

As did I, but he is coming back. I was suprised, but honestly I dont see this as a bad thing. He is a great defensive mind, he just isnt a head coach. He is a wonderful person, and he honestly is a defensive coach. With Jack their to instill the discipline and the offensive mind, as well as guiding the defense, I think it will be a good fit.