Tennesseans Basketball Preview is a joke!

aj1133

I thought that the Tennessean was going to make a concerted effort to get their high school sports coverage up to par, but the basketball preview was a huge disappointment. This coming from someone who supported their efforts during volleyball season, but the basketball preseason coverage is a joke. I do hope that this is not indicative of what is to follow throughout the season. Also, apparently Mandy Mendenhall of Harpeth is not worthy by their standards to be listed as one of the top 10 to watch in the midstate, although she is thought by many to be highly considered for AA Miss Basketball, how does that happen? I believe more investigation needs to be down before these preseason accolades are handed done. But the bottom line is that the coverage overall is not very good.

Edited by aj1133

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the Tennessean was going to make a concerted effort to get their high school sports coverage up to par, but the basketball preview was a huge disappointment. This coming from someone who supported their efforts during volleyball season, but the basketball preseason coverage is a joke. I do hope that this is not indicative of what is to follow throughout the season. Also, apparently Mandy Mendenhall of Harpeth is not worthy by their standards to be listed as one of the top 10 to watch in the midstate, although she is thought by many to be highly considered for AA Miss Basketball, how does that happen? I believe more investigation needs to be down before these preseason accolades are handed done. But the bottom line is that the coverage overall is not very good.

About as shoddy as their politics. Looked like they put it together at the last minute. :D I would think a major newspaper could do a lot better! Very, very, very lame. :D

AMEN!!

At least you get some pre-season coverage. In Memphis unless you're a DI signee they barely mention girls' BB

The Tennessean did a good job, in my opinion, of providing spece for both girls and boys basketball you must admit. They fell down on quality in depth analyzation and it was somewhat shallow which might be that right now they don't have a fix on the sports. If you look at T and District by District analysis of teams and players, you might get a better analysis. Somewhere along the line someone will start a thread(maybe you) on the same geographical area the Tennessean covered and get some better results. There are certainly enough knowledgable posters and over 60000 fans than can give some insight on T. Thats a pretty good cross section and allows some diversity.

Edited by PHargis

Surrounding Memphis area teams and players are treated like step children. Teams that cry the most to writers get the publicity even if they are unproven.

Thats typical memphis they would rather promote a mike tyson fight than promote a basketball hot bed.I dont no how many times you will see kids on a good team mid major or better from memphis and never heard of them shame on the coverage of memphis players.

Hmmm!? Must be a fan from Harpeth.