Teams on the rise for 2007

wingdawg

They should have a good team with most of the core people returning. The QB and RB are good! Silverdale should be tough with a lot returning. Lookout Valley, all I have to say is Chas! South Pitt, enough said. Temple is the question mark. The chattanoogan.com quoted thier PR guy as saying they will have double there number with recruits or transfers. I will have to go back and reread that one. I can't remember which word he used.

I'm pretty sure the Temple coach said "transfers". If they pan out to be anything like this year's transfers, Temple just may compete for a second Region championship.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Temple gets a lot of transfers they will not be ahead of Grace, they lose just about everybody and the kids I saw standing on the sidelines are just not going to fill all the holes with the same type athletes they have now. Temple may be 6th or 7th unless they have a lot of transfers. I also wonder if some of the volunteer coaches will also move on. I personally would put Silverdale at second or tied for second just based on the stud transfers that Coach Allen had sitting on the sidelines this year. He is building quite a team. I was around when he was talking about it and he makes no bones about it, he is excited about his team for next year.

jadguitar, how many starters, O & D, are returning next year for LV?

LV lost 4 0r so seniors this year, but will be returnng 7 senior starters, 3 who are lineman, 2 wingbacks( one is chas), the QB, and the FB. They all play both sides of the ball. There is probally more who I cant think of at the moment. But they should still be competing in Region 3. And yes Silverdale worries me. They very well can beat LV. Almost did this year

Unless Temple gets a lot of transfers they will not be ahead of Grace, they lose just about everybody and the kids I saw standing on the sidelines are just not going to fill all the holes with the same type athletes they have now. Temple may be 6th or 7th unless they have a lot of transfers. I also wonder if some of the volunteer coaches will also move on. I personally would put Silverdale at second or tied for second just based on the stud transfers that Coach Allen had sitting on the sidelines this year. He is building quite a team. I was around when he was talking about it and he makes no bones about it, he is excited about his team for next year.

jadguitar, how many starters, O & D, are returning next year for LV?

Chas will be back, another wingback, The FB, QB, 2 Recievers, the kicking team, and Three lineman, who are all seniors. they all play both sides of the ball, the punter plays WR too.

Yes Silverdale scares me, they could very well beat LV next year. They almost beat us this year.

LV lost 4 0r so seniors this year, but will be returnng 7 senior starters, 3 who are lineman, 2 wingbacks( one is chas), the QB, and the FB. They all play both sides of the ball. There is probally more who I cant think of at the moment. But they should still be competing in Region 3. And yes Silverdale worries me. They very well can beat LV. Almost did this year

LV should have a very competitive team. Just how good Silverdale will be with their added transfers is yet to be seen. Now the Temple's PR guy said they are expecting about a dozen transfers but I still think they struggle next year, they just lost too much for even a dozen transfers to replace. Some of their transfers will have to sit out a year just like the ones at Silverdale did this year so not all should be available to help this year. Grace has a good QB and is getting better too.

Edited by zonepirate

Zonepirate are you the coach of "Speed Pittsburg?" You seem to know a lot about them on these boards, so I was curious.

No, LHL, I don't coach the HS but I helped with the Jr High the last couple of years. My son will be moving up to HS next year so I'll be be around here for a few more years anyway. Mainly I'm just a HS football junkie. I'm having to slowly cut back right now so I don't go into DT's or something :thumb: I hate the end of the season :thumb:

i would say dyersburg has a shot to make a run next year the junior class is the backbone of the trojans,, the seniors to be will have a record o 31-2 giving they are able to win out this season, the juniors went 7-0 as freshman, 10-1 as soph, and are currently12-1 as juniors,,,, the soph group went 5-2 as freshman and currently12-1 as soph, and the freshman group of 06 went 6-1 loosing their first game of the season and then rolling strong the rest of the way,,, dyersburg middle school also went 10-1, by looking at the numbers dyersburg should be just as strong next season as they have been the last two

Edited by trojanfan56