Anderson County Basketball

orcat

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rachel Templin is currently playing division 1 volleyball. Lori Purkey went to a D-1 school before transferring to work on pre-med. Amy Eckerly also had D-1 offers but chose to stay at home. Those girls graduated in 03. Mai Ferry had a D-1 offer but chose to play close to home, she graduated in 05, which was when my daughter graduated. And yes, there are D-1 prospects there now. The Sain girl is a definite D-1 player, and may be the best soph in the state. Likewise, Pittman and Hopi's daughter could play D-1. Bollinger and Dew will also play college.

As far as how tough is it to get to state, that shows your ignorance. AC finished third at state, Catholic, who is in their district finished second. CAK (who had Catholic on the ropes for a first round district knock-out and Stone Memorial make it the toughest volleyball district in the state for A/AA. Also, unlike basketball, only 2 teams go from the district to the region, where AC had to beat a powerful Seymour team which had only lost 3 matches all year. They did all of this with a freshman MB who had never played replacing 6'4" All Region Faith Dupree and a soph MB that had never played replacing 6' Emily Dupree who was the best returning player. This loss hurt the volleyball team worse than basketball because they also lost to graduation two other front row players Brittany Carter who is playing in college, and 6' Megan Seiber who could have played in college. The volleyball was much younger than the basketball team, and they made their 9th straight trip to state, and made their 7th final four in 9 years.

The difference is coaching. Anderson County IS loaded with athletes. There is no way AC should be winless at this point in the season. To be fair I don't live there anymore, but my daughter goes to college in TN, and I visit and have friends and family there.

Don't attck the girls on the basketball team, because they ARE talented. They will win games.

I am done with this thread.

Good luck girls, I believe in you!

After looking back over this thread I can't say that I have seen one attack on the girls. It is amazing how the Maverick Volleyball Mafia carries such a chip on their shoulders. No wonder they have such a bad rap across the state.

I hope the kids at AC are successful before they graduate -- they deserve it. However, it's not gonna happen this year.

The kids want stick around long enough to have success before they graduate. If you haven't noticed they usually quit before then. Makes one wonder what's going on inside a program where you have so many good atheletes quitting.

33 girls have quit - 20 of which were quality athlete's, already had one leave this season.

Thats quite the revealing statistic.

Hey Hopi, I went to the Stone Memorial vs CAK game last night and someone told me that AC's best player is a girl named Whitney, is that the same Whitney that was on the Raiders AAU Team?

YES SHE PLAYED WITH THEM SOME LAST YEAR I BELIEVE, VERY ATHLETIC YOUNG LADY

THEY DO HAVE ANOTHER GOOD PLAYER IN THE OAKS KID SHE HAS PLAYED REALLY WELL IN SEVERAL GAMES BUTPEOPLE ARE STARTING TO FIGURE HER OUT AND SHE HAS STRUGGLED SOME OF LATE, BUT SHE IS PRETTY GOOD

Hey Pats! Great job at state.

also, I saw where Wolf made Prep Extra first team.

How does Catholic basketball stack up? I am getting slammed on here for questioning how a school with so many athletes is going to go winless in Nov AND Dec.

Hopi, does no one question why 33 girls have quit. Does anybody stay four years?

Hey Pats! Great job at state.

also, I saw where Wolf made Prep Extra first team.

How does Catholic basketball stack up? I am getting slammed on here for questioning how a school with so many athletes is going to go winless in Nov AND Dec.

Hopi, does no one question why 33 girls have quit. Does anybody stay four years?

Ellis has :ph34r:

Edited by JackSparrow