Waren County

Oldschoolpioneer1

Coaches from both sides of Warren County's game last night need to be eighty-sixed....they both have compiled terrible records with terrific talent....good coaches are few and far between people....the chances of Eades or Scroggins coachin well are slim to none and slim has left town....but players can't get down about the coaching situation...it's not something they can control...gotta keep pluggin if you want to play...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trickey you tell us !! How long does Coach Eads get to produce? I as a coach have always understood that at some point I HAD to show a good product of the sports field.

Seems to me she has had her chance. If she wants to stay and teach there; fine.

If she wants to continue to coach then she'll have to go elsewhere.

And no, I dont live or work at a WC school or have a child in Warren County just stating what I assume as a coach is obvious.

I dont have the answer for that since I have no say so with the school politics. I just hate to see these children read post like that and have no control over the situation. They are only children and have only one time to enjoy their high school years. I am not taking up for any coach. I just have always been raised with the ethic of making the best out of what youve got especially if I cannot change the outcome

I feel sorry for any kid in the elementary level that wants to be a Lady Pioneer. 3-16 record, getting closer to that magical 200 losses. Coaching=Teaching. I know they are young, but it will not get better.

I think they might here the game ball. When she reaches 200 losses. It could be faster than in coach in the state.

I bet if you asked the girls themselves, they would tell you they wish someone else was coaching too. She does not know how to win. PERIOD! She has been using the same excuses since the first time she coached like injuries, youth, blah, blah, blah. These girls DO only get one time around in high school and they are not having fun, she won't let that happen. just ask all the girls who are happy not being around her. Who wants to get beat down everyday in practice and get beat by 20-50 ppoints? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Didn't think so.

I bet if you asked the girls themselves, they would tell you they wish someone else was coaching too. She does not know how to win. PERIOD! She has been using the same excuses since the first time she coached like injuries, youth, blah, blah, blah. These girls DO only get one time around in high school and they are not having fun, she won't let that happen. just ask all the girls who are happy not being around her. Who wants to get beat down everyday in practice and get beat by 20-50 ppoints? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Didn't think so.

You are so wrong. I am one of those people and you just have a bad chip on your shoulder. Get over it!!!!!

Well, SportsEd, since you have entered the discussion I have a question.... Are any of you guys over there who have spoken out about all kinds of subjects (teacher pay, taxes, etc.) without concern of what people think, trying to stir the pot, are any of you gonna speak out about the situation with both basketball teams or are you gonna give "Just the facts, ma'am"? Just wondering, most of your readership doesn't get on here. You have dropped hints (ave 50 pt loss, 30 ave for 80 oppon. ave, etc.), but will you actually talk about what the situation really is? Is say "go get 'em" really all you can do?

With that said, I do agree that we must continue to support the girls and boys at every chance. I have been through seasons similar to this and it all too easy to be discouraged.

Well, SportsEd, since you have entered the discussion I have a question.... Are any of you guys over there who have spoken out about all kinds of subjects (teacher pay, taxes, etc.) without concern of what people think, trying to stir the pot, are any of you gonna speak out about the situation with both basketball teams or are you gonna give "Just the facts, ma'am"? Just wondering, most of your readership doesn't get on here. You have dropped hints (ave 50 pt loss, 30 ave for 80 oppon. ave, etc.), but will you actually talk about what the situation really is? Is say "go get 'em" really all you can do?

With that said, I do agree that we must continue to support the girls and boys at every chance. I have been through seasons similar to this and it all too easy to be discouraged.

As a fan, I'd like to see them win. As a reporter, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. As far as "stirring the pot" about anything "without concern of what people think," if you've got an issue you want to bring up in my -- or any other -- paper, send a letter to the editor. All you need is a topic, 300 or less words, and your real name.