Greeneville Coach Relieved Of Head Coach Duties

Challenger

'Boone should come back to the MLC.

What should be done was mentioned in another thread. Make a 3A conference in Northeast Tennessee. What could probably be done then is combine Regions 1 & 2 4A. That would probably screw up the playoff format for the state though. I guess a statewide reclassifation would have to be done which I think is scheduled for 2009 according to Maryville fan.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What should be done was mentioned in another thread. Make a 3A conference in Northeast Tennessee. What could probably be done then is combine Regions 1 & 2 4A. That would probably screw up the playoff format for the state though. I guess a statewide reclassifation would have to be done which I think is scheduled for 2009 according to Maryville fan.

How long before 'Boones census throws them into 5A? 3 years?

How long before 'Boones census throws them into 5A? 3 years?

Not sure. I just checked their enrollment on this site and it was 1162. That is more than any team in Region 1, but less than Crockett's, MoEast, Cocke County, and Mowest. Could you tell me what the enrollment numbers are when deciding what class schools are put in? BTW Maryville's enrollment is 1351 and Hillsboro's is 1151 in case you were wondering.

Not sure. I just checked their enrollment on this site and it was 1162. That is more than any team in Region 1, but less than Crockett's, MoEast, Cocke County, and Mowest. Could you tell me what the enrollment numbers are when deciding what class schools are put in? BTW Maryville's enrollment is 1351 and Hillsboro's is 1151 in case you were wondering.

Yeah, here is the link, TSSAA Handbook 2006-07 Classification Regulations for '05-'09 I have checked all MLC's school websites and the TSSAA and their numbers don't agree so I don't know who is up to date. The differences are usually about 100 students. In the case of SEHS it is the difference between 4A and 3A.

Yeah, here is the link, TSSAA Handbook 2006-07 Classification Regulations for '05-'09 I have checked all MLC's school websites and the TSSAA and their numbers don't agree so I don't know who is up to date. The differences are usually about 100 students. In the case of SEHS it is the difference between 4A and 3A.

On greatschools.net they have pretty much the same numbers that are on here except for Crockett where there is almost a 200 student difference.

A 3A conference in Northeast TN would still include Rutledge, Claiborne Co. and Carter. That would be a killer travel expense for North, Eliz., Johnson Co., and Unicoi.

A 3A conference in Northeast TN would still include Rutledge, Claiborne Co. and Carter. That would be a killer travel expense for North, Eliz., Johnson Co., and Unicoi.

I'm sure most of those teams could go on just useing 1 bus for the team and 1 for the band. How much would that cost? How much did it cost Johnson County to go to Morristown for their playoff game? What did it cost Unicoi to go to Jefferson City for their playoff game?

I'm sure most of those teams could go on just useing 1 bus for the team and 1 for the band. How much would that cost? How much did it cost Johnson County to go to Morristown for their playoff game? What did it cost Unicoi to go to Jefferson City for their playoff game?

It involves more than the cost of the bus. It also involves the number of people that attend the games from visiting schools. When you have to travel weekly long distances to see a game, the fan base drops considerably. Then your gate reciepts drop. Playoff games on the other hand ... TSSAA gets all the money anyway , so no one makes anything.

It involves more than the cost of the bus. It also involves the number of people that attend the games from visiting schools. When you have to travel weekly long distances to see a game, the fan base drops considerably. Then your gate reciepts drop. Playoff games on the other hand ... TSSAA gets all the money anyway , so no one makes anything.

They would not be traveling every week though. Half their games are at home.

Why would Greeneville want to drop in classification. They have been very competitive in 4A in football and they are also playing up in basketball and don't seem to be having any trouble there either. It makes no sense for Greeneville to drop. They have always competed with the schools that they compete against now, and like all the other programs in East Tennessee, have had up and down periods. They are having a down period now but had made the playoffs in 4A every year since the state went to 5 classes with the exception of the past 2 years. A new coach is going to come in, the ship will be righted, and all those who have nothing to do with Greeneville's program that want them to drop to 3A will still be wanting them to.