Hampton @ Friendship Christian

Ole3putt

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

youre right, i'm crazy for thinking its unsportsmanlike to give out an award while our player is lying on the field w/ a concussion. my bad

Nope you're right,, that kid could've been lying there paralized or even dead, and that BAD,BAD announcer purposly overshadowed his injury/death (he didn't yet know) by going on with halftime. :lol:

You make me laugh :lol:

Dtruth has spoken

i was referring to the announcer. i dont remember hearing any blowing when our player was down, i know youall have no control over what the man in the pressbox does, even though is was unnecessary for him to give the award at that time. as for the hit i dont think he intentionally tried to put our player out of the game even tho it was helmet to helmet contact. i just thought it just shouldve been a penalty

Well I am not familiar with the helmet to helmet rule in high school, I know there is one and college.

Nope you're right,, that kid could've been lying there paralized or even dead, and that BAD,BAD announcer purposly overshadowed his injury/death (he didn't yet know) by going on with halftime. :lol:

You make me laugh :lol:

Dtruth has spoken

I know it's fun talking smack and such, but remember that kids do get seriously injured in football. Nick Buoniconti's son broke his neck playing a game at ETSU and I will never forget seeing that play. Folks can be very sensitive to watching their own kid lying injured on a field obviously.

Well I am not familiar with the helmet to helmet rule in high school, I know there is one and college.

there is a rule, it is rarely called tho. they should enforce it a little more to keep players from getting seriously injured. i just couldnt believe they didnt call it on that play, not that it would have won us the game or anything but it would have helped a little.

Edited by H-Town34

For what it is worth, I was in the end zone fence area and not far form the play. Once the hit was made and players were everywhere, I could see it being difficult to tell what was going on. No one wanted to anyone get hurt and we were all trying to get a vantage point to see that the player was ok. It is very unfortunate when anyone gets hurt and I'm sure the announcer was only doing his job and had no ill intentions and to insinuate such, it's really silly and juvenille. There is pounding on the press box all game long. It would be easy to think that it was in response to the game.

Two fine teams played and FCS came out on top. The Hapton program is obviously talented and consistent and I expect them to be a team to contend with next year.

My hope is the young man is ok. It is football and hard hits come. It's the nature of the game. However, the game is past and hopefully now we can look forward to a great final game in 1A.

there is a rule, it is rarely called tho. they should enforce it a little more to keep players from getting seriously injured. i just couldnt believe they didnt call it on that play, not that it would have won us the game or anything but it would have helped a little.

I researched it a little on the internet and I believe it says "deliberate use of the top of the helmet to strike a runner or ram or butt another player". I don't think it was a deliberate helmet to helmet hit. BTW how is the qb doing? He was cheering on the team in the second half wasn't he?

The stats as far a penalties looks pretty even to me. Maybe we need to pay the officals more. We had 8 you had 7.

Was your quarterback going to stop if #55 said boo I am not supposed to tackle you NO. I attended the TN vs KY game yesterday and TN had two players knocked out by helmet to helmet penalties. This is football if your kids don't want to get hit I suggest you take up horseshoes or ballroom dancing.

You guys were the ones talking all week about busting people in the mouth. Guess what your star running back got 39 yards against a quality defense. And by the way you all said he was close to 100% all week. Your quarterback got busted in the mouth and JACKED UP and all you want to do is say it was illegal.

Get over it you got busted in the mouth but evidently not hard enough because all yall can do is make excuses.

Friendship’s Jeremy Rickaway (32) breaks a tackle during his team’s 24-7 win over Hampton. (Photo by John Partipilo)

Game stats: Friendship 24, Hampton 7

Friday, November 24, 2006

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Hampton 0 0 7 0 0 7

Friendship 7 14 3 0 0 24

Scoring summary

F - Adam Stephens 3 run (Beau Baker kick); F - Jeremy Rickaway 22 run (Baker kick); F - John Doak 30 pass from Jon Miller (Baker kick); H - Jarred Irick 4 run (Timmy Campbell kick); F - Baker 21 field goal.

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Hampton 10 34-84 3-9-2 39 8-1 5-29.6 7-78

Friendship 11 41-140 8-15-1 123 3-1 3-26.3 8-65

Individual statistics

Now you folks done gone and made Halibut. I can tell you that's not easily done.

I got an idea just a few minutes ago thought ya'll might like it. Why don't a bunch of you Hampton fans meet at the National Guard Armory or where ever you folks go to watch All-Star wrestling on Saturday night and come up with some other things we Friendship folk did to ya'll that wasn't fair. Write it all down and send it to the TSSAA and I'm sure they will get it straightened right out.