Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

I know if Milan plays well enough to beat GP(hypothetical, by no means saying it will happen) we will not be scared or intimidated by alcoa and I'm sure GP would be the same way if they beat us.

From your friendly West Tennesse neighbors in Dyersburg we will be pulling for The PURPLE PRIDE OF MILAN ...Show up ,Play Hard, Stay with your game plan and by all means == Dont Be Afraid!! ....GO TROJANS,GO BULDOGS,GO PATROITS :lol:;):blink:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know if Milan plays well enough to beat GP(hypothetical, by no means saying it will happen) we will not be scared or intimidated by alcoa and I'm sure GP would be the same way if they beat us.

bulldawgs#1, don't know much about the Milan area, is there a lot of parking, is the visitor side very big. Just wanted to know if you could explain on a few things about the Milan area please. Thanks in advance.

As far as the game goes, this ought to be a good game. This is the final game to get to the State Championship. Goodpasture and Milan can beat Alcoa this year but Smith County gets first shot at them this Friday.

Hope the game is free of injuries.

i'm with bulldawgs1, i believe the winner of this game ill match up just fine with alcoa - people have to understand that they are beatable. the reason they appear to be unstopable is because people sit here and allow them to achieve that status by the way we appear to be scared of them. whoever wins the game friday night will do just fine in the state game (i wouldn't even count out smith co. this week) -(and this last comment is not a chance for an alcoa fan to come on our thread and rip us, so keep it to yourself, no one cares to hear it right now!)

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? This Kid is a Milan Fan so dont go of on us for saying this. And also we dont care if you like or not we will say what ever want. You get this Priveldge when you are trying to there peat for the SECOND time in school history.

I'm not really sure what your talking about people being jealous of GP's success. I dont know if you know it or not, but milan has walked off of the field 12 consecutive times this season with more points than their competetors, so we havent exactly been coming up short in the success department either. I have no doubt that goodpasture deserves to be where they are right now. But dont think for a second that milan does not. Milan has delt with more this season that i have ever seen. In week four we lost our starting fullback due to a cheap shot by a player on a team that was loosing 34-0 with 2 min left to play. He tore his ACL and MCL. (by the way, we aren't fortunate enough to have seven runnig backs like yall) two weeks later, the team that that player was playing for contacted the tssaa and said that an offensive lineman who had transferred to our school (who the tssaa had approved before the season) should not be eligable. Since milan is not a private school, nor and open zoned public, through 50 pages of by-laws and fine print, the tssaa overturned their previous ruling and forced milan to forefit their first five game, four of which were blowouts and one was mian's only true loss to date to a very tallented Crockett Co. That put our record at 0-5 and we had to win out to make the playoffs, which we did. Week one of the playoffs, the before mentioned fullback wanted to play one last game befor his surgery (which was scheduled the following monday) He got a brace and played. Didn't even look like he was injured. They posponed his surgery and he has helped lead milan to their last two 1 point victories torn knee and all.(3 TDs in the last 2 games, 1 of them in OT) So congradulations to you for your thus far undefeated season, but dont think for a second that you're the only team that deserves to be here.

First of all, I wasn't referring to you or your team. I was responding to GOINGINSANE's remark and on this board and others. I fully agree that MILAN deserves to be where they are at this point and that WEST TENNESSEE fans SHOULD BE CHEERING for their neighbors. Matter of fact, I believe that I posted that in my reply. GOINGINSANE is from MIDDLE TENNESSEE and seems to be jealous of GP's success.

Secondly, GP is getting a bum rap for being a private school. I know that my family works hard to send our kids there. I am an alumni also and my mother (being a single mother) scraped and saved for me to go there. I went there because of the Christian environment and for the smaller school atmosphere. My children are going there for the same reason. Not because I have an athletic agenda (even though my son plans on playing football). I think you will find that is the case for the majority of the student body....either their parents went there or they are there for the atmosphere. I am so tired of hearing about the so called "silver spoon" that everyone keeps talking about. Yes, there are some wealthy people that send their children to GP but, that still doesn't mean athletic dominance. There are several very wealthy private schools (that I'm not going to mention) that had awful seasons. When you are on the field, WHO CARES ABOUT WHO HAS $$$ OR NOT? Obviously, several people on this board do but, if they wanted to, they could send there children to a private school also. What matters is who plays the best at the time of the game.

So, that being said, GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

GO COUGARS!!!!!

Edited by cougarmom

I'm not really sure what your talking about people being jealous of GP's success. I dont know if you know it or not, but milan has walked off of the field 12 consecutive times this season with more points than their competetors, so we havent exactly been coming up short in the success department either. I have no doubt that goodpasture deserves to be where they are right now. But dont think for a second that milan does not. Milan has delt with more this season that i have ever seen. In week four we lost our starting fullback due to a cheap shot by a player on a team that was loosing 34-0 with 2 min left to play. He tore his ACL and MCL. (by the way, we aren't fortunate enough to have seven runnig backs like yall) two weeks later, the team that that player was playing for contacted the tssaa and said that an offensive lineman who had transferred to our school (who the tssaa had approved before the season) should not be eligable. Since milan is not a private school, nor and open zoned public, through 50 pages of by-laws and fine print, the tssaa overturned their previous ruling and forced milan to forefit their first five game, four of which were blowouts and one was mian's only true loss to date to a very tallented Crockett Co. That put our record at 0-5 and we had to win out to make the playoffs, which we did. Week one of the playoffs, the before mentioned fullback wanted to play one last game befor his surgery (which was scheduled the following monday) He got a brace and played. Didn't even look like he was injured. They posponed his surgery and he has helped lead milan to their last two 1 point victories torn knee and all.(3 TDs in the last 2 games, 1 of them in OT) So congradulations to you for your thus far undefeated season, but dont think for a second that you're the only team that deserves to be here.

Im sure almost every team has a player who goes through this!!

bulldawgs#1, don't know much about the Milan area, is there a lot of parking, is the visitor side very big. Just wanted to know if you could explain on a few things about the Milan area please. Thanks in advance.

As far as the game goes, this ought to be a good game. This is the final game to get to the State Championship. Goodpasture and Milan can beat Alcoa this year but Smith County gets first shot at them this Friday.

Milan does have very good visitor parking and pretty good visitor stands. We also tore down our old fieldhouse last year and build a brand new Consession stand/restroom/dressing room. I think you will be very pleased with our accomidations. The field is very easy to find. Coming from experence, it's also one of the better fields i ever played on. (good grass, good footing, and drys very well) It's right in the center of the town and you should be able to see the lights from a pretty good way off. If you do have any trouble finding it though, just follow somebody once you get into town, odds are, they'll be going to the game. Our stadium has a great atmosphere. It's a very old stadium with a lot of history and tradition. Were looking forward to hosting you. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

We've got one of the larger visitors stands around. It's concrete not bleacher. We've done a lot of renovations the last couple of years. Tore down the old field house built a very nice one and named it after legendary Coach Tucker. Put up new field goal posts and nets behind them. We tore down the old middle school and put in some parking. Also added a huge gravel parking lot behind the visitors stands. Like BD said we've got a great playing surface. If you're looking for some good places to eat we've got several of those as well. I don't think ya'll will be dissapointed in Milan or Johnnie Hale. Edited by bulldawgs#1

We've got one of the larger visitors stands around. It's concrete not bleacher. We've done a lot of renovations the last couple of years. Tore down the old field house built a very nice one and named it after legendary Coach Tucker. Put up new field goal posts and nets behind them. We tore down the old middle school and put in some parking. Also added a huge gravel parking lot behind the visitors stands. Like BD said we've got a great playing surface. If you're looking for some good places to eat we've got several of those as well. I don't think ya'll will be dissapointed in Milan or Johnnie Hale.

sounds great can't wait to be there. maybe, for once in our history, we will not only bring a crowd but a rowdy one. no matter what we bring, should be fun to see the kids duke it out.