Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

So you're saying that you would get killed by McCallie? Riverdale barely lost to McCallie and would have beat them if not for poor play calling in the end. Smyrna beat Riverdale which was nearly impossible to most people (not me). So theoretically, if Riverdale could beat McCallie and we beat Riverdale, then we should be able to beat McCallie whom you said would kill Ooltewah.

Interesting.........

That makes a lot of sense... Riverdale did beat you guys 49-0....

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ooltewah's quarterback is half as good as Coleman, Smyrna may have their hands full. As Riverdale's SID, and only missing 3 Riverdale games, home or away, since 1993, Coleman is one the best I have seen at the high school level. I just got through watching him go 17 for 28 for 346 yards against Brentwood Academy. He has a cannon! Throws the 15 yard out from the hash to the sideline with no arc on the ball, it leaves his hand and the wideout catches it in seemingly the same motion. And throws the deep ball right on the money. They converted at 4th and 18 tonight on a throw a lot of D-1 quarterbacks don't make.... He threw for 346 yards and BA had the ball most of the game, rushing for 272 yards and getting 22 first downs. If McCallie's defense could have gotten some 3-and-outs there is no telling how many yards he would have gotten.....

How does Ooltewah's QB compare to him? Smyrna has a pretty good one in his own right in Sonny Gray. If he doesn't make a certain pass on the run, with big kids breathing down his neck, then the title of this thread would be Ooltewah at Riverdale.....

Jeremy has thrown for 1600 yards with 15 tds in 12 games. He is a very smart qb with a better than average arm. He has great touch on the deep ball and is very accurate on the run. He has better speed than you would think. Jeremy is the 2nd best QB in the area in my opinion. As a starter he is 13-0... Not to shabby!

Marshall has rushed for 1710 yards in 13 games with 19 tds. He also has 300 yards receiving and 2 tds on the year. He is 5'6 150 pounds of solid TITANIUM. He is faster than everyone on the field "usually" and is one of the hardest little guys to bring down. It seems like he breaks a tackle on every attempt.

Sean Sanders is back-up running back and has 16 td's on the year. He is more of the power back while Marshall is the scat back. Sean just might be the fastest kids on Ooltewah's team with a full head of steam. Was clocked running 4.48 at Velocity electric timed.

Both fullbacks are big and strong. Kwan is 6'0 245 pounds and averages 7.8 yards per carry and has over 350 yards rushing. Darrell Turner is 6' 230 and is considered the hardest hitter on the Ooltewah team. He has hurt 3 out of the last 3 qb's while playing the defensive end position. Darrell is also the deep man on KO return.

Ooltewah defense is very physical. If you don't have a passing game then Ooltewah will win. If you do have a passing game you wil lhave to throw over 200+ yards because Ooltewah's offense has yet to be stopped.

Sounds like Symrna has a great team with great athletes. I can't wait for this game. Should be a barnburner!

Jeremy has thrown for 1600 yards with 15 tds in 12 games. He is a very smart qb with a better than average arm. He has great touch on the deep ball and is very accurate on the run. He has better speed than you would think. Jeremy is the 2nd best QB in the area in my opinion. As a starter he is 13-0... Not to shabby!

Marshall has rushed for 1710 yards in 13 games with 19 tds. He also has 300 yards receiving and 2 tds on the year. He is 5'6 150 pounds of solid TITANIUM. He is faster than everyone on the field "usually" and is one of the hardest little guys to bring down. It seems like he breaks a tackle on every attempt.

Sean Sanders is back-up running back and has 16 td's on the year. He is more of the power back while Marshall is the scat back. Sean just might be the fastest kids on Ooltewah's team with a full head of steam. Was clocked running 4.48 at Velocity electric timed.

Both fullbacks are big and strong. Kwan is 6'0 245 pounds and averages 7.8 yards per carry and has over 350 yards rushing. Darrell Turner is 6' 230 and is considered the hardest hitter on the Ooltewah team. He has hurt 3 out of the last 3 qb's while playing the defensive end position. Darrell is also the deep man on KO return.

Ooltewah defense is very physical. If you don't have a passing game then Ooltewah will win. If you do have a passing game you wil lhave to throw over 200+ yards because Ooltewah's offense has yet to be stopped.

Sounds like Symrna has a great team with great athletes. I can't wait for this game. Should be a barnburner!

Sonny has 1922 passing yards with 15 TD and 64% completion in 13 games and 10 rushing TD.

Our two RB Maceo Harris and Antoine Hendricks combined avg. 7.1 yds./carry with 22 TD. Antoine was out for 2 or 3 games this season with an ankle injury.

We do have a passing game and one of the best receivers (Rodriguez Wilks) and one of the most underrated receivers (Josh Crouch) in the state. Don't bother looking at Rod's stats though because they don't do him justice. He is constantly being double or triple teamed. We ain't no Riverdale. We have a passing game.

What is all this talk about BJ Coleman? Last time I checked this was a Ooltewah vs. Smyrna forum and BJ doesn't play for either team.

Rodriguez Wilks is probably the best wide receiver in the state this year and has a ton of highlights, check out the film on this guy b/c it is unreal. However, Ooltewah will roll in this game by 10 or more, and I think more.

He's not just making plays as a WR. He makes plays as a DB and a kick returner.

Smyrna, they don't respect you guys, I can sense it in their posts!!! I want Ravenwood and Smyrna to represent this week to prove, FOR ABOUT THE SEVENTH STRAIGHT YEAR, that the best football is played in the Nashville Metropolitan Area, and particularly in Southern Davidson, Williamson, and Rutherford Counties. Put it to Ooltewah. I really think the Bulldogs have an advantage in the speed department across the board in this game. Ooltewah has some players that can really run, but Smyrna has them across the board when you talk about Rod, Crouch, Maceo, Antoine, Jonah, etc. I think Sonny can have an effective game passing against these guys, I really do.

Smyrna, they don't respect you guys, I can sense it in their posts!!! I want Ravenwood and Smyrna to represent this week to prove, FOR ABOUT THE SEVENTH STRAIGHT YEAR, that the best football is played in the Nashville Metropolitan Area, and particularly in Southern Davidson, Williamson, and Rutherford Counties. Put it to Ooltewah. I really think the Bulldogs have an advantage in the speed department across the board in this game. Ooltewah has some players that can really run, but Smyrna has them across the board when you talk about Rod, Crouch, Maceo, Antoine, Jonah, etc. I think Sonny can have an effective game passing against these guys, I really do.

I just want you to know that Ooltewah will be one of if not the fastest team Smyrna will play this year. Ooltewah's starting Defensive End is the KO return man at 6' 230. Ooltewah will have the speed to keep up with Symrna. You can count on that!

I sense alot of RESPECT, as you put it, in your post for the Owls. Just curious what would you call respect, saying Smyrna is going to win? :blink:

I have yet to see anything on this thread that should give you any idea that Ooltewah thinks this will be an easy victory. Let me tell these guys have been playing one game at a time all year. They don't look past anybody. Smyrna will get the full attention of the Owls, and Yes, THEY WILL BRING IT NEXT FRIDAY! I would expect no less from Smyrna either. May the best team win. GO Owls! ;)

Good luck to the Owls. :thumb::huh::huh:

If you add Smyrna's and Ooltewah's quarterbacks together, you still don't equal B.J. Coleman. Prediction? Owls make it to the title game......

Haha, this Buzzman is killing me! You must have a crush on BJ or something!?!? Go over to the thread about Brentwood Academy beating McCallie if you want to continue to rave on BJ. This is about Ooltewah/Smyrna. We made the comparison of Jeremy Woods to BJ, now it's over.

Also, very good post from ImaOWL. I think he gave a pretty good description of the Owls' offensive threats...minues Woods and Morgan.