Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

I wasn't the one who brought it up. Primetime Owl got called a LOSER for saying he believed in the Owls. The BULLDOG fan said only a loser would steal someone else's team slogan. Sorry I just thought it was hilarious that he got called a loser and you all STOLE it from Ravenwood. Sooo I guess it was that guy being classless. It doesn't matter. It is just funny. :lol:

Dude! Who cares who said, "I believe" first!?!?!?!?! What does it matter to you? Smyrna players and fans were "inspired" by those two words and we achieved a big win out of it. Just let us be. And Coach Shadowens didn't get it from freakin' Ravenwood, and if I told you were he got it from you probably would think it's stupid or "politically incorrect," for a coach to have the beliefs that Coach Shad has and the fact that he trys to pass these wonderful things on to his players. Just let Smyrna fans say what they want to say, espically since it has nothing to do with you. That WOULD be the RESPECTFUL thing to do. :lol:

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Records do NOT matter in THIS game or ANY other game for that matter as long as the players for both teams come out believing they can win. Ooltewah could be 13-0, 12-1, 4-7, or 1-12. Smyrna could be 11-2, 12-1, 7-6, or 0-13. It doesn't matter. What matters is now, the present. Not then, the past or the future. It's about how you are gonna win NOW. A matchup vs. Ravenwood or White Station (by the way they are that 4th team in the semis that everyone has forgotten about) isn't even a possibilty until we beat Ooltewah. Last time I checked, Smyrna's name nor Ooltewah's name were penciled in to that slot for the state championship.

It's ok to make predictions. Heck, if we didn't, coacht wouldn't be much of a site to see. But if predict you must, predict with respect. In other words, you can predict a blowout, but don't disrespect the other team by sayin they don't work as hard or aren't as "classy" as you etc... because that can come back to bite you in the booty and it will sting alot worse than you think. Just ask a Riverdaler. :lol:

I BELIEVE

You are right in that records don't matter in the end; you have to play the game. However, records and stats are accurate predicters of future behavior and results. Even in statistics three standard deviations brings you to 99.7% accuracy in predicting an outcome, so if you can discover the key predictors to the point of three standard deviations, you will be right 99.7% of the time. However, nothing in the posts that we see would get us this close, so predicting is not always that easy--but as the number of posters on CoachT could attest--it is fun.

You can look at stats and see who is a better player on the field. For example, the stats and the results for Greg Maddux in the mid-1990s told everyone that if you were going to bet on any pitcher in baseball to win, you would have to put your money on Maddux. He was the best pitcher, without any argument for two of those years when his ERA was below 2.00. You can look at any sport and get a pretty good idea from the stats what is going to happen.

Now in the case of the Ooltewah/Smyrna game, you really don't have much to compare. The teams they play are different--style, size, strength, speed, skill, etc.--so predicting success is difficult at best. But go ahead everyone, have fun, it is perfectly okay to support your team and there is nothing wrong with believing your team is better--in fact, you should.

That does not mean that either side is over-looking the other. My guess is that both coaches have worked very hard at preparing their teams, and keeping them out of the clouds as it relates to the next step in the playoffs. I have not yet given my prediction, but I think I will wait until Friday morning. But this should be a really great game! Wish I could be there.

I will be out of town and very busy tommorow so this is my last post

and I have posted it many times over the years but I think it speaks for itself

It is not the critic who counts;

not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again,

because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly,

so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

theodore roosevelt

good luck to both teams should be a great game and atmosphere

I will be tailgating down by he field around 6 pm if you get a chance come by and say hello I will be the good looking one :lol: with a really old smyrna hat purple with a yellow s

Edited by 82cat

Here is a little INFO for you fans out there. These stats are from the past 3 games in the playoffs. Very interesting....

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Sonny Gray 15-26-1-148 vs. coffee county

Sonny Gray 8-17-2-69 vs. LaVergne

Sonny Gray 3-8-1-92 vs. Riverdale

Total 26-51-4-306 51% eff. (4 INT's)

Jeremy Woods 10-14-0-230 vs. Science Hill

Jeremy Woods 7-12-0-87 vs. Sevier County

Jeremy Woods 8-8-0-124 vs. Farragut

Total 25-34-0-441 74% eff. (0 INT's)

The one thing that sticks out is the efficiency and INT's.

What is everyone's take on this?

You also got to take in consideration that a couple of those he just chunked up before halftime to see what he could do.. I hate how doing that can make your stats look horrible.. just trust me he will probably be the best QB ya'll have faced all year.. I think he got all state... and dont even get me started on baseball with Sonny #2

You also got to take in consideration that a couple of those he just chunked up before halftime to see what he could do.. I hate how doing that can make your stats look horrible.. just trust me he will probably be the best QB ya'll have faced all year.. I think he got all state... and dont even get me started on baseball with Sonny #2

You can also take consideration on Ooltewah's side to. There is always going to be considerations.... Were the highlights that are on the web from his Sophmore year?

Smyrna=Statechamp06, are you a Smyrna player? You seem to be the one that is cocky. :lol: All I see from Imaowl or anyone else for that matter that is an Ootlewah fan is nothing more than fans that are proud of their team and are rooting for them on Friday night. And I'm a Smyrna Fan! Lay off Owls fans, they are doing nothing less than what you are doing on here, well actually they are doing less, they aren't being jerks and running their mouth about how they are going to kill us on Friday night like you are. (At least not as rudely.) :P Owl fans understand that neither team really knows anything about the other, other than stats they can pull off of the internet. And they understand, along with OTHER Smyrna fans, that this is going to be a great game, hopefully. So lay off their fans. ( I can't believe that I have been pulling for Smyrna for the last 15 years and I am actually having to tell another Smyrna fan that he is cocky, and to leave the opposing teams fans alone!) :lol: This is silly! Good luck to both teams Friday night!!!!!!!! :lol:

I BELIEVE!!!!!

u tha 1 who been cussin on here 2 rivadale fans . u tha 1 who called mr. limbaugh a jerk. u tha 1 who run ur mouth nite & day tryin 2 clank on tha daisy. then u smoke out ur own fan? u tha 1 need to trickle down.

u beat oakland who has no offense all season long 20-14. that wuz game 9? they ready 2 score on u last few seconds in the game 4 tha upset & overthrow 2 wide open tds. eitha 1 tie it, & we get extra point & we be the ones believin not u.

clank clank .

so stiff tha talk bout oakland.

we 4-6.

u shoulda shut us out.

You can also take consideration on Ooltewah's side to. There is always going to be considerations.... Were the highlights that are on the web from his Sophmore year?

Yes they were last year... I mean its so hard to explain how good he is but when you see him in person you will understand... He has a CANNON very smart and he can run.. So the D line better wrap him up if they get a chance because he can outrun all of them.. How is your QB this year what year?