Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u tha 1 who been cussin on here 2 rivadale fans . u tha 1 who called mr. limbaugh a jerk. u tha 1 who run ur mouth nite & day tryin 2 clank on tha daisy. then u smoke out ur own fan? u tha 1 need to trickle down.

u beat oakland who has no offense all season long 20-14. that wuz game 9? they ready 2 score on u last few seconds in the game 4 tha upset & overthrow 2 wide open tds. eitha 1 tie it, & we get extra point & we be the ones believin not u.

clank clank .

so stiff tha talk bout oakland.

we 4-6.

u shoulda shut us out.

I'm sorry I can't read "thug" I can only understand ENGLISH. :):)

goodluck to both teams..i cant wait to play..this is a huge oppertunity for the school and all the tradition we can set for the next players to come..

goodluck to the owls..i hope yalls visit to middle tn is a greta one and hope sportsmanship is at the best level and it really brings out the essence of hs football!!

GO DOGS!!

WE believe!!

Good luck to you and the squad Underdawgs. You all really deserve it and I want to see you all get to make the 10 mile trip to MTSU next week. But its all got to start right here, right now, in about nineteen hours. Defend your turf, that's all you have to do. You can't ask for anything better than a homefield game, in the state semi's, as a senior. Just do what got you here and you will be fine. Play together and for each other, cause that is what this game is really all about.

There are a lot of haters on this board that don't realize the schedule and distractions that you guys have played through this season. Nobody else in this state has accomplished what you guys did last week in winning in the playoffs at Riverdale, BUT ITS ALL FOR NOTHING BUT A MEMORY IF YOU DON'T DEFEND YOUR TURF TOMORROW NIGHT!!! The Bulldogs have an opportunity to accomplish something no other Bulldog football team has accomplished before, EARN A TRIP TO THE TENNESSEE 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!! Just lace em up, let your pads do the talkin, and EXECUTE!!!

Good luck Bulldogs, we're rootin for ya'll.

We had a similair situation last year. We Beat Oak Ridge. Were were the only team to do so until the Finals of the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game when Ravenwood put it to them. We believed as well. You can Believe all you want. I BELIEVE in every game we play. Just remember. While ALL of your team and coaching staff BELIEVing and think they draw inspiration from that. All us from Ooltewah BELIEVE we can win too. So the point is can you compete? Can you match up and execute? I will be anxious to see what happens. I think youre in for a long night. :thumb:

Smyrna did not beat the defending state champions last week. Riverdale was beat by Oak Ridge in the semifinal. Smyrna lost earlier in the season to the defending state champions, Ravenwood.

Here's my predictions on tonight's game:

First Quarter:

Smyrna wins the toss and elects to kick it to Ooltewah. The kick is to the Ooltewah two yard line and Turner runs the ball back to the Smyrna 27. On the first play Ooltewah strikes quickly with a play action fake to Marshall, and as Smyrna's defensive front smothers Marshall and doubles on Jensen, Shumaker slips into the middle of the secondary where Woods finds him at the five. Shumaker eludes the tackler and streaks into the end zone. 7-0 Owls.

Smyrna takes the ball on the next possession at its own 20 yard line, as the kickoff makes it into the end zone. Sonny Gray eludes the pressur on the first play from scrimmage (an intended pass) and runs the ball for 30 yards to mid field. On the next two plays, Ooltewah's defense stiffens and stops to runs by Maceo Harris--the first for a two yard loss and the second maybe a one yard gain. It is Smyrna 3rd and 11 on about the 49 yard line, when Gray catches Wilks for 29 yards down the left sideline to the Ooltewah 22. On the next play Antoine Hendrix takes a draw for 7 yards down to the Ooltewah 15. Then Harris takes a quick gapper to the Ooltewah 8--1st and goal. Again the Ooltewah defense stiffens on a short run by Hendrix and two incomplete passes, it is fourth and goal on the Ooltewah five. Smyrna elects to kick a 22 yard field goal by Hosford. Score Ooltewah 7 -- Smyrna 3.

Smyrna elects to kick the ball short, and Sanders gets the ball and runs it back to the Smyrna 45 yard line. On the first play, Woods pass to Jensens is broken up by Wilks. On the next play, Marshall gets around the end, breaking off two tackles and ends up at the Smyrna 7--a huge 38 yard run with Crouch pushing him out of bounds. Woods goes back to pass, has to elude the rush and takes it down to the two where he is tackled by a host of Bulldogs. He leaves the field limping, and Junior qb Pepping enters the game. It takes two tries but Sanders scores from the one on the second try and it is Ooltewah 14 Smyrna 3. End of first quarter.

Second Quarter.

Smyrna surprises Ooltewah with some great running from Harris and Hendrix, who along with a couple of short passes by Gray, make it all the way up the field to the Ooltewah 7 first and goal. Gray finds Wilks open in the end zone for a touchdown, making it Ooltewah 14 -- Smyrna 10.

On the next series Ooltewah starts on its own 20 and is unable to manage anything against a stout Bulldog defense--Buchanan gets nowhere up the middle and Marshall is tackled for a five yard loss. An incompletion from Woods to Norwood makes it three and out; Ooltewah is forced to punt. The punt is a good one to the Smyrna 35, but it is returned to the Ooltewah 45.

On the first play Gray hooks up with Crouch for 7 yards on a quick out. Then Gray goes back to pass, again eluding the Owls rush and runs for 12 yards down to the Ooltewah 26. Harris gets five yards on the next two plays and makes 1st and ten on the 16. The next pass attempt is incomplete; then Gray is sacked trying to scrable for an 11 yard loss by Welch, putting the ball on the 27. Smyrna, in the shot gun, sends the ball over Gray's head and he has to fall on it at the 40 yard line, loss of 13 more yards. After an incompletion on a viscious hit by Turner, Smyrna decides to punt and the ball ends up on the Ooltewah 3 yard line.

Again, Ooltewah is unable to move the ball and has to punt it on fourth and five from the eight. The punt is shanked and ends up on the Ooltewah 29 yard line--first down for the Bulldogs.

Two nice runs by Harris and Hendrix make it first and ten on the Ooltewah 11. Two more incompletions and a four yard run by Harris make it fourth down on the 7. Smyrna kicks another field goal and it is Ooltewah 14 -- Smyrna 13.

After the insuing kickoff goes into the end zone, Ooltewah starts on its own 20. On the first play Marshall gets 30 yards to mid field on a play that looked stopped one yard into the backfield, but the diminuitive back somehow came out of the pack for 30 yards. There is now only 30 seconds left in the half, Ooltewah passes it to Jensen for 27 yards down to the 23 yard line and gets out of bounds. On the next play, Woods fumbles the snap and Smyrna recovers and the half ends with Ooltewah up by one.

Next half in next post.

Edited by basketballisbest