Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

Big Country while i agree about the penalties and going for it on 4th and 1, i do have to say that A LOT of those penalties where unnessary...A 6'6 reciever and a 5'9 defender and very little contact=pass interference...also, late in the 4th quarter pearl cohn had 3 illegal substitutions that went uncalled...I thought the officials did a very poor job in this game...IE the 7 yard false start penalty :thumb: HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??

I'll just say that if Fulton plays a sound game and doesn't shoot themselves in the foot then it will be nearly impossible for them to lose to David Lipscomb (or anyone else for that matter) HOWEVER really and truly I do not know if that's something that you can just "turn off & on" whenever you like :D I was standing near the field entrance last night right before halftime and when the Fulton team ran by me I heard several of their players mouthing to PC's players. Maybe it was something that carried over from what happened on the field????? Really and truly I have no clue why it was AGAIN HOWEVER it is something that shouldn't be tolerated by the coaching staff when they are standing right there watching the stuff take place. You should always let your play on the field BETWEEN THE LINES do the talking for you. Leave all of the "trash talk" nonsense out of it. The great thing about this sport is that it's one where eleven guys playing as one will always be successful. The induvidual stuff and drawing attention to one's self is simply inexcuseable and should never be tolerated or allowed (especially be coaches) :D

Good Luck to Fulton the rest of the way and I hope that the long trip back to Knoxville last night was an enjoyable one :D

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! I am a huge Notre Dame fan and I am glad to see teams that were on their schedule like Penn State, Purdue, Michigan (though I now wish they could have lost to Ball State), UCLA, Georgia Tech, & Navy are all bowl bound over the holidays. Makes the schedule look tough and it makes the guys look like they beat quality foes along the way. Like in Tennessee's case also. The SEC is going to send 9 TEAMS to bowl games this year which is truly amazing (Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Auburn, Arkansas, LSU, & Alabama).

It's not an official rule but it is kind of a hidden rule that Region 2-3A teams should pull for Fulton this week and Region 4-3A teams should pull for Pearl-Cohn. Of course that's just my opinion and with that in mind I'll be there pulling for Pearl-Cohn in person this week (I'll also be tuning in to the David Lipscomb game and pulling hard for the Mustangs to beat Dyersburg). I'm a midstate man and I want every midstate team out there to advance and represent the area well B)

There's a difference between rooting for someone in your region and the reality that they probably won't win against another region team that's better. I think predicting that Fulton was going to win was just a realistic opininon, unlike some that just predicted PC just because it was the same region.

I was out of town for Thanksgiving but I see my prediction of Fulton winning came to fruition... :lol:

As for next week, I'll be ROOTING for Lipscomb, but I too think if they beat Fulton, it will be close to a miracle. It will be a good game.... :thumb:

Are you sayin the coaches mouthed as well?? bc if u are sayin that then u were definately watching the wrong coaching staff...I played for these guys the last 4 years and if ur caught cursing you run, ...so i really doubt some of the events were true...If they are and a coach was "just watching" then those individuals will be punished today in practice...The whole coaching staff are christians and they let that be known to the players as well...the coaches wouldnt mouth off to another team...

Are you sayin the coaches mouthed as well?? bc if u are sayin that then u were definately watching the wrong coaching staff...I played for these guys the last 4 years and if ur caught cursing you run, ...so i really doubt some of the events were true...If they are and a coach was "just watching" then those individuals will be punished today in practice...The whole coaching staff are christians and they let that be known to the players as well...the coaches wouldnt mouth off to another team...

Is Fulton a private or public school

The coaches watched the incident take place. I KNOW WHAT I SAW!!!!

I hope that those players were punished because silly antics like that will not be a helping cause for Fulton's state title hopes if something like that takes place on Saturday :thumb:

Pearl Cohn showed me great sportsmanship after the game...lemme tell u about how great it was... As i walked down from visiting the falcon radio program to the field i got flipped off by a 3 or 4 year old whose parent TOLD HIM to do it...then to make it even worse...within 1 minute i got called a M'FER by one of the BAND SPONSORS of PC...i wasnt intending on saying anything, which would have been a good thing for you to do as well...that game was out of control. anyone there knew that. maybe they mouthed PC bc of the things goin on during the game. BUT I PROMISE if a fulton coach saw this event occur, THE PLAYER(S) WERE PUNISHED! in my history with high school football i would have to say i was treated the worst at PC, and i promise you thats saying a lot... I thought carter and austin east were bad... Edited by fultonfalcon2006

[i thought carter and austin east were bad...

Why do you have to go and drag Carter into this slop? I was at both Carter/Fulton contests and neither school can claim any high ground. I'm not a fan of either team but I saw numerous incidents where Fulton fans treated Carter fans horribly at their place and Carter was equally inhospitable at their place. Mostly good fans at both schools but both most definitely have a minority faction (numbers, not race, so don't throw that at me) that represents their school poorly. I wouldn't go to another game between the two at either place.

Big Country, You seem to be the analyst in Middle Tn.--very well informed. I am going to talk with the coaches about your comments at the Pearl game after the State. I agree with a post that the Fulton coaches are against any vulgarity but you know as well as I know it goes on at the private Christian schools, public schools, and at every game. When you get to the play offs things get a little more intense. No excuse for poor sportsmanship but ask any ref ---they spend 30% of their time keeping peace and stopping mouthing. Look at Tn Titans---terrible on and off field discipline. I believe we will see a good hard fought 3A game and may the best team win. :thumb:

Pearl Cohn showed me great sportsmanship after the game...lemme tell u about how great it was... As i walked down from visiting the falcon radio program to the field i got flipped off by a 3 or 4 year old whose parent TOLD HIM to do it...then to make it even worse...within 1 minute i got called a M'FER by one of the BAND SPONSORS of PC...i wasnt intending on saying anything, which would have been a good thing for you to do as well...that game was out of control. anyone there knew that. maybe they mouthed PC bc of the things goin on during the game. BUT I PROMISE if a fulton coach saw this event occur, THE PLAYER(S) WERE PUNISHED! in my history with high school football i would have to say i was treated the worst at PC, and i promise you thats saying a lot... I thought carter and austin east were bad...

Well I'm sure you weren't like the induvidual I talked to was BUT if by some miracle that you did tell a PC fan "now that's what east-TN football is all about" then I'm sure you did get mistreated. That kind of talk is OUT OF LINE!!!!

Hey PTMUPS if you were there on Friday night then you probably saw me. I was the taller induvidual standing at the gate entrance wearing a white jacket with a black polo shirt. I was right there listening to what the player from Fulton told #15 from Pearl-Cohn when he said "one more half and we goin back to Murfreesboro". That's how all of the stuff started when both teams were squaring off with one another right there by the concession stands at halftime.

Winning is good but when you do indeed do it PLEASE SHOW SOME CLASS!!!! Now I was at the PC game the week before last when they beat Sycamore 32-18 in the quarters. It was a 26-18 game and the clock was running down and Sycamore had NO TIMEOUTS REMAINING!!!! The PC coaches were on the sidelines screaming out to the players "don't snap the football" but when the clock hit two seconds (left to go in the game) the QB did add on a meaningless score. That wasn't a classy gesture either and the PC coaching staff expressed their apologies after the game so please don't take it as I'm "picking on Fulton" because I am not doing that at all. I am just one who likes to see hard nosed football out on the field WITH THE TRASH TALKING LEFT OUT OF IT!!! I don't care how "intense" things get during the month of November :thumb: