Ravenwood vs. White Station

CHS 2007

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but that's only because of Oak Ridge's great football tradition.

It's kind of like how Ravenwood has a worse record, and White Station's only loss is in the last game where they've already wrapped up everything, but not a single person thinks Ravenwood is an underdog just because of their Championship last year.

That said, I think this is an uncallable game. I can't pick either way.

Ah, thx, I just wasn't sure of the reference.

On another note, if it wasn't so late I would start a thread discussing why middle and eastern TN teams seem to dominate in 5a football at the upper playoff levels. Which, being from Memphis, is hard to admit. I have some theories, but maybe will save that for another day :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, they stand about as much of a chance as Centennial having another losing season next year.

First off, I hate you.

I don't know what you're remembering, but all I recall is that nobody outside of region 6 territory gave Ravenwood a chance in the world.

Second off, just remember that people outside CoachT have opinions about High School football. Alot of people said that the teams were evenly matched and the game would be a toss up. Some people even favored the Raptors. Oak Ridge was a good team that suprised Riverdale and they had probably the best rusher in the state of tennessee. But many felt that the Raptors had the better all around team.

A further suggestion; I believe that we are playing at the Fairgrounds field, if so, arrive early , there is modest visitor seating. But there is a decent parking all around, so its good for tailgating.

Personally I wish they would play at Halle,being a Ridgeway fan,I dont know who too pull for,White Station being a big rival and Ravenwood keeping us from going to state last year.I guess I just go and see a heck of a ball game.I think you have two evenly matched teams,but I would have to give the edge to Ravenwood because of one reason,they have players that have been there and done that.Good luck to both teams,have a injury free game and to the Ravenwood fans have a safe trip to and from Memphis.

Pull for White Station of course, certainly you would like a fellow city school to do well :thumb:

I think we will be playing at the Fairgrounds mainly because the feeling is that at this time of year the field is in somewhat better shape. Also I think the parking is better there.

You may be right in the reason why it is at the Fairgrounds but if you were the coach would you want to change after winning there for the last 3 games??

I hope W/Station wins just for the fact that they are a Memphis school, being a fan of Ridgeway I could really care less.

Not seeing them play this year I cann't really say to much about W/Station. From what I have read in here and in the paper I kind of think they had the next to best D in 5A after Ridgeway and the next to best O after W/Dale. Being as they are still playing I reckon that two seconds is what it takes.

What I don't like about this game (round 4) is the time it is being played. If I were a coach I would push for this to be an off week and a dead period from Wed. till Mon. Depending on when a teams off week was, this is getting to be a long hard season on these boys and it would give them a change to get over some of those nicks that they have. I'm guessing that R/wood will come in Thur. like Ridgeway did last year and W/station will be on the practice field. Kind of messes up Thanksgiving for some people.