Ravenwood vs. White Station

CHS 2007

Don't expect Ravenwood to sit on a lead. Rector believes in his kids and they believe in his gameplan. They don't quit going downfield on any play. Most teams play it like 3 yards and a cloud of dust Ravenwood plays it like 80 yards and 6 points. The D is not too shabby either...(they are really good). I think Ravenwood should send Dickson County a thank you card after the season is over. They got their wake-up call a week before the playoffs began which has helped them over the other teams they have beaten in the playoffs. They understand to play next week leave it all on the field this week.

Looking more and more like they will be the first 5-A team to repeat since BA did it in 95-96.

Edited by wave88

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't expect Ravenwood to sit on a lead. Rector believes in his kids and they believe in his gameplan. They don't quit going downfield on any play. Most teams play it like 3 yards and a cloud of dust Ravenwood plays it like 80 yards and 6 points. The D is not too shabby either...(they are really good). I think Ravenwood should send Dickson County a thank you card after the season is over. They got their wake-up call a week before the playoffs began which has helped them over the other teams they have beaten in the playoffs. They understand to play next week leave it all on the field this week.

Looking more and more like they will be the first 5-A team to repeat since BA did it in 95-96.

Thanks for the nice comments about the team. One of the best things about the staff and players over the last 4 years of varsity football is that they don't look ahead...This team is solely focused on White Station this week and not whether they have a chance to make the finals and repeat as champs. Also, hats off to a very good and very classy Hunters Lane team for playing a clean, hard hitting game last night. 5-5A showed that they have some terrific teams with great talent and solid coaching.

I would not have believed this a few weeks ago, but it looks like Ravenwood is going to make it back to the title game. I think Ravenwood wins this one 35-28.

White Station has had a great year, and hats off to their team, but this Ravenwood team is on a roll and at just the right time.

I would guess that Ravenwood has now made it into your top ten.

I know that you guys play some great football in Middle Tennessee, but but now that I have looked at your schedule I appreciate how brutal your seasons are. There is some real firepower up there. Your 4 losses seem to be to some great teams, and if I understand correctly you had a lot of seniors leave from last years' team so I presume the first part of the season their replacements were simply settling into their spots.

So whats the secret to playing you guys ? I still think getting your team to eat too much right before game time is a legitimate strategy.

I think alot of folks in this state have selective amnoesia and continually go against Ravenwood, even when their the champs. Granted, Ravenwood lost a ton of guys, but your the champs until someone knocks them off. I expect to see Ravenwood in the finals ...............

The only thing is that they have been knocked off four times already. That's why I have been surprised. But they have really turned things up.