next year in region 8aa

turkey

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Milan takes the region next year with Peabody and Westview behind them. Good players plus really good coaching will equal another run deep in the playoffs for Milan. Last year, Humboldt was the Adrian Donald show. Unless they have the next big time D1 stud in the area coming up in the backfield, I don't think they have the horses to overcome what may be a lack of good coaching.

I think you guys may be overrating JCS a bit. Last season, they had what was probably the least talented team they've had in 4-5 years, and they lose the only real difference maker on their team in WR/CB and Harding Univ. signee Rashad Raynor. The two games they played up last year saw them getting beat by a below average DCA team and blown out by South Side. They haven't played near the competition that USJ played before moving up. Unfortunately, it looks like they may be on the verge of a down swing right as they're moving up to 2A. Though, they will still have good QB play in Matt Hudson and should have a serviceable core of position players for next season.

USJ returns 9-10 starters on offense, but is also losing pretty much their entire D though they still return a bonafide freak of nature in LB Soph-to-be Preston Overbey. It'll be interesting to see how the young talent in those Freshmen and Sophmore classes has progressed from last year to next season. A lot of their success will depend on what kind of improvement QB Hardegree has made on the off season. I also hear they have several solid athletes coming out who didn't play last year.

I think Milan takes the region next year with Peabody and Westview behind them. Good players plus really good coaching will equal another run deep in the playoffs for Milan. Last year, Humboldt was the Adrian Donald show. Unless they have the next big time D1 stud in the area coming up in the backfield, I don't think they have the horses to overcome what may be a lack of good coaching.

I think you guys may be overrating JCS a bit. Last season, they had what was probably the least talented team they've had in 4-5 years, and they lose the only real difference maker on their team in WR/CB and Harding Univ. signee Rashad Raynor. The two games they played up last year saw them getting beat by a below average DCA team and blown out by South Side. They haven't played near the competition that USJ played before moving up. Unfortunately, it looks like they may be on the verge of a down swing right as they're moving up to 2A. Though, they will still have good QB play in Matt Hudson and should have a serviceable core of position players for next season.

USJ returns 9-10 starters on offense, but is also losing pretty much their entire D though they still return a bonafide freak of nature in LB Soph-to-be Preston Overbey. It'll be interesting to see how the young talent in those Freshmen and Sophmore classes has progressed from last year to next season. A lot of their success will depend on what kind of improvement QB Hardegree has made on the off season. I also hear they have several solid athletes coming out who didn't play last year.

good assessment.

1. Milan (Lots of speed on both sides of the ball, good coaching)

2. Trenton (Harper is back at QB)

3. Westview (Good coaching with many starters returning).

Remember, only 3 teams from the region makes the playoffs unless you're a wildcard team.

1.Westview

2.Milan

3.Peabody or JCS

Westview has loads of talent returning on both sides of the ball and will win the region depending on what kind of improvements have been made on offense.

Milan has some serious speed and a slew of good looking athletes. It'll be interesting to see how they operate offensively with a throwing qb.

Peabody returns Harper, and several experienced players on defense.

IMO, JCS will surprise some folks...

• 2 weeks later...
u know the more i think about it the more i think milan will still be playing with a chip on there shoulder from last yr good luck to the teams in this region they prolly going to need it

Unless milan wins state, they are always playing with a chip on their sholder. The coaches make sure of it by harrassing the players all off season reminding them of who beat them, what they did wrong, who said what after the games, who won region, etc. It gets annoying, but it works.

Unless milan wins state, they are always playing with a chip on their sholder. The coaches make sure of it by harrassing the players all off season reminding them of who beat them, what they did wrong, who said what after the games, who won region, etc. It gets annoying, but it works.

yeah u got a point there but in all reality we know who really one the region last yr