next year in region 8aa

turkey

not doubting it he is a big guy but you have to consider how those guys who played good against him last year will do with him this year because they too have been in the weightroom and we all knwo you can't be weak and play the line in this region

I'm not doubting that either. I'm just saying that i've seen him in the weight room and i've seen him on the practice field. I've seen him go against someone 3 or 4 times and get beat on the line and then i've seen a coach get on him, and he would come off the next play and put a really good lineman on their back. I've seen and played agains D1 linemen and Davis is really really good. We'll see what happens this year though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i typed this under another topic as a reply and i really don't want to go and retype it so bare with me...figured it would suit this topic more than the one it was under at first anyway

humboldt has a lot to prove this year also...well not very much...just to show everyone that they do not have to rebuild like everyone is saying that they have to...experienced SENIOR O'line coming back which i think i recall milan blabbing on about how great their line is and that's where it all starts on offense...well good job reading the books kids because that is where it starts and i would take humboldt's O'line this year against anybody's in the region...so i expect to see plenty of pancakes from my vikings and plenty of smashmouth running up the middle! now...the part that wins games is the defense...and after losing 2 corners who will be replaced by 2 corners who played in a total of 24 quarters last year, a noseguard who is being replaced by a jr. who starter on the defensive line and at linebacker since his freshmen year, and then a linebacker which is very easily replaced considering that it's the deepest position humboldt had last year on defense...so good luck to the vikings and ill be there to support ya!

i typed this under another topic as a reply and i really don't want to go and retype it so bare with me...figured it would suit this topic more than the one it was under at first anyway

humboldt has a lot to prove this year also...well not very much...just to show everyone that they do not have to rebuild like everyone is saying that they have to...experienced SENIOR O'line coming back which i think i recall milan blabbing on about how great their line is and that's where it all starts on offense...well good job reading the books kids because that is where it starts and i would take humboldt's O'line this year against anybody's in the region...so i expect to see plenty of pancakes from my vikings and plenty of smashmouth running up the middle! now...the part that wins games is the defense...and after losing 2 corners who will be replaced by 2 corners who played in a total of 24 quarters last year, a noseguard who is being replaced by a jr. who starter on the defensive line and at linebacker since his freshmen year, and then a linebacker which is very easily replaced considering that it's the deepest position humboldt had last year on defense...so good luck to the vikings and ill be there to support ya!

I'm confused, what does book reading have to do with anything. And of course you would take humboldts like. You played for humboldt, but i call your O-line and raise you a D-line, a defensive secondary, an offensive backfield all your receviers execpt for EJ, and special teams. We'll see just how many mouths you smash with that offensive this year.

I'm confused, what does book reading have to do with anything. And of course you would take humboldts like. You played for humboldt, but i call your O-line and raise you a D-line, a defensive secondary, an offensive backfield all your receviers execpt for EJ, and special teams. We'll see just how many mouths you smash with that offensive this year.

and of course you would take milan's like. Your name has to do with milan and you support milan and you always pop up about what is said about milan..and yea i PLAYED for humboldt congrats...so what backfield do you have coming back? lydale is gone, who by the way has ran the offense at QB for quite a while and in my opinion led to much of yall's success which means that he was a great player and athlete, your fullback is gone, and kirby is gone...starting backfield is gone...and instead of increasing your chances of getting carpal tunnel then you could've just said all the 22 players who will be playing instead of breaking down everything o and sorry you left out linebackers too if you wanted to go ahead and bring that up too..but let me go ahead and get to what i was going to say which is what i might slightly agree with you on...in my opinion the number one thing that might hurt humboldt this year is the secondary but the people they have placed there are truly capable of filling in that spot quickly if they work hard...

and of course you would take milan's like. Your name has to do with milan and you support milan and you always pop up about what is said about milan..and yea i PLAYED for humboldt congrats...so what backfield do you have coming back? lydale is gone, who by the way has ran the offense at QB for quite a while and in my opinion led to much of yall's success which means that he was a great player and athlete, your fullback is gone, and kirby is gone...starting backfield is gone...and instead of increasing your chances of getting carpal tunnel then you could've just said all the 22 players who will be playing instead of breaking down everything o and sorry you left out linebackers too if you wanted to go ahead and bring that up too..but let me go ahead and get to what i was going to say which is what i might slightly agree with you on...in my opinion the number one thing that might hurt humboldt this year is the secondary but the people they have placed there are truly capable of filling in that spot quickly if they work hard...

In 2004 we had to start a QB that everyone said would be a great decline from West in '03. We made it to the Semis that year and Lydale impressed everyone. I dont think Wells was as good as West but we had a lot of success with him. I think the kid Coleman will be better than Wells, Bledsoe will be better than kirby, and i'm not sure who will be the fullback but whoever it is will do just fine. The difference in Milan loosing players and Humboldt loosing players is that When we loose a great class of kids, our coaches bring another one the next year. When Humboldt graduates a great class, they just loose a great class. Last years Milan team was not a great one. They were good. This year's class has the potential to be great. The number 1 thing that will hurt humboldt is the fact that their coaching will be no better than last years and their tallent will be worse.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

In 2004 we had to start a QB that everyone said would be a great decline from West in '03. We made it to the Semis that year and Lydale impressed everyone. I dont think Wells was as good as West but we had a lot of success with him. I think the kid Coleman will be better than Wells, Bledsoe will be better than kirby, and i'm not sure who will be the fullback but whoever it is will do just fine. The difference in Milan loosing players and Humboldt loosing players is that When we loose a great class of kids, our coaches bring another one the next year. When Humboldt graduates a great class, they just loose a great class. Last years Milan team was not a great one. They were good. This year's class has the potential to be great. The number 1 thing that will hurt humboldt is the fact that their coaching will be no better than last years and their tallent will be worse.

lol good post...but coleman? that the guy from dresden? he came in and played against us last year when we played them earlier in the season...he has a good arm and semi-accurate but not a runner like lydale...lydale was able to produce that double threat like wardlow did for us last year...so whenever lydale got in trouble he was able to tuck and run and still get a good gain instead of a loss...but i can't remember much about west but i've heard that he was really good and a great passer...but i dont see coleman, if it's the same guy i'm thinking about, coming out and dominating like lydale did in his first start in milan...later on through the season i'm sure he'll be more comfortable but at the beginning of the season i don't know how he will do...humboldt is in the similar position but if my guess is right they should be leaning towards a guy who got a little bit of playing time last year in games but at practices was on the scout O against the starting D so he knows what type of speed to expect...plus he can run too so that's also good if he gets a little flustered..but the region's going to be tough and i know that milan is saying that they are going to finish #1 but it's going to be a toss up! whoever makes the right plays at the right time and has the smallest amount of mistakes then that team should win...but it's a toss up between milan, humboldt, trenton, and westview IMO..can't wait for the season to start though

lol good post...but coleman? that the guy from dresden? he came in and played against us last year when we played them earlier in the season...he has a good arm and semi-accurate but not a runner like lydale...lydale was able to produce that double threat like wardlow did for us last year...so whenever lydale got in trouble he was able to tuck and run and still get a good gain instead of a loss...but i can't remember much about west but i've heard that he was really good and a great passer...but i dont see coleman, if it's the same guy i'm thinking about, coming out and dominating like lydale did in his first start in milan...later on through the season i'm sure he'll be more comfortable but at the beginning of the season i don't know how he will do...humboldt is in the similar position but if my guess is right they should be leaning towards a guy who got a little bit of playing time last year in games but at practices was on the scout O against the starting D so he knows what type of speed to expect...plus he can run too so that's also good if he gets a little flustered..but the region's going to be tough and i know that milan is saying that they are going to finish #1 but it's going to be a toss up! whoever makes the right plays at the right time and has the smallest amount of mistakes then that team should win...but it's a toss up between milan, humboldt, trenton, and westview IMO..can't wait for the season to start though

He wont be the speed threat that lydale was but if he needs to tuck and run he can do it right up the middle. The kid is big, strong, and fast. Manning has won more superbowls than Vick. That trend runs a lot deeper than that too. Flordia brought in Tebow when they needed to run. He will be a good strong pocket passer with the speed and strength to run if need be. We wont run the QB draw plays near as often but we wont be short on plays. Plus with Morris coaching him all year, Coleman will be a really good QB. Personally I'd rather have a QB that will stand in the pocket throw a strong accurate pass and take what the D-line brings and will tuck it and get 3 yards if need be more that a QB that scrambles out of the pocket and gets 10-15 yards SOMETIMES and gets sacked the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
He benches nearly 400 and squats as much as you can safely put on the bar. His grades will probably keep him from being recruited very much.

Jamil Davis is one heck of a ball player! He gave me problems each and every time i faced him! He should definitely be sitting at a D1 college next year gettin ready to play ball! Good luck! :thumb: