Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(irecnso @ Nov 20 2006 - 08:39 AM)

Well, well, well! Here we are once again! Semi's baby!!! Its been 14 long years since we have made it this far

Enjoy it..... because its as far as you will get this season.

And what do you base this on? Is it the WEAK schedule that Hillsboro plays? I am not saying that it's their fault, it is just a weak region. Check the computer rank of schedule if you don't believe me. Rather than just spouting off, why don't you try backing it up? I think we have a good chance of beating ANYONE because of the schedule that we have played and because we are peaking right now. And for your information, we are enjoying it and we plan to continue that

Anyone that plays football in west TN has no business calling other regions weak..

Before you go spouting off again, check our NON-REGION schedule and compare it to Hillsboro. Case closed. I hope all of you up in Nashville are overlooking us the way you are. When is the last time ya'll beat Melrose?

All I know is that on strength of schedule we are third in the state and you are fifty-third. Doesn't speak well of your final statement. I know SOS means nothing on Friday night, but that was a pretty tacky comment about West TN football. Do I not recall that you have been knocked out of the big game several times by Melrose? And unless my geography is way off, they are about as far west as you can get.

Over the last several years Hillsboro has been to the finals more than anyone on this side of the brackets and are the only team in 4A besides Maryville to win a title. Mellrose has made it 2 or 3 times but could not beat Maryville any of the times. This Hillsboro team is every bit as athletic as any of them the last several years. The difference w/ this team is that they are not 1 dimensional at all which makes them very dangerous. They have a very good athletic defense as well. I commend everything that HC has done this year I just dont believe that they match up very well w/ Hillsboro. I am not pulling for either side, this is just how I see it.

Since you were at the game, out of curiosity, did you notice the line for Fairley tackling(hoding) all night long? It wasn't called.

To be perfectly honest with you, Red Patriot, those refs missed calling "holding" on BOTH teams. Henry County and Fairley both got away with its fair share of penalties.

Missed calls did not determine the outcome of the game, however, not in the slighest...The best TEAM won fair and square. Henry County simply executed more consistently than Fairley.

The refs were a non-factor. That's exactly the way it's supposed to be....I applaud their efforts.

I predict this as being a close game.

Although their runningback is quite the athelete, I simply dont think Hillsboro will be able to "Run Over" Henry County's defense. They've had one of the stiffest run defenses over the last 5 games that I've seen in a long time.

If Hillsboro will win this, offensively it will take a great game by the QB. Henry County's pass defense is a bit suspect, but if he floats a pass or overthrows it, it will most likely be picked. Although they've allowed a good deal of passing yards, a lot of the plays have been catch-and-tackles. HC's secondary is very fast, and has good recovery speed. If a ball is floated, it will most likely be picked off very promptly.

Although I've heard a lot about Hillsboro's defense, I still don't think it is as good as Fairley's, Ridgeway's, or possibly even Melrose's. They might be quick to the ball, but it takes more than quickness to get number 34 down- just ask 2/3's of Melrose's defense about that play. I'm sure the people that were at that game know exactly what I'm talking about.

I forsee this as being a close game, with HC winning. I'm not sure of a score, though, so I'll make my final prediction later this week.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

Edited by Greengreen

You have a good point Kevin38. ...Our defense steps up when necessary, just like it has all year. Every loss we had was close. Every loss we could have won, excpet maybe Ridgeway. Now that was a Defense!

Melrose defense was supposedly unchaged from last year, with the exception of a LB being 60% so I'm told. We were the first to score 35 points on them in 6 years.

So what does all this tell me?...

Drewcephus,

Where did you get the FALSE idea that "Melrose's defense was supposedly unchanged from last year?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are 3 things that I posted on CoachT, repeatedly, about Melrose after seeing them play--way back in weeks Zero thru four:

1) Melrose's team was NOT as good as the past 2 years.

2) Melrose's defense was NOT as good as the past 2 years.

3) Melrose would not make it back to the 4A Championship game.

As it turned out, I was correct (unfortunately) in my early season assestment about Melrose 2006.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At any rate, Drewcephus, Henry County's 35pts vs Melrose's defense was indeed quite remarkable--one for the history books! Let's keep it in perspective, though. Melrose's defense was DEFINITELY NOT "unchanged" from last year. In fact, it was very much CHANGED (i.e. not as good)...

Nevertheless, it was still shocking to see a Melrose defense give up 35 pts.

Henry County obviously outplayed Melrose that night.. They exposed a weakness in Melrose's defense and did exactly what they had to do to win, in a hostile environment.

Henry County will need to duplicate that effort against Hillsboro.

Good luck to both teams this Fri. night. I can tell you this much Hillsboro has fine team. Have to go with them since there mid tn team. I do believe it will be a good game. If anyone could please post a url for live game stream. Thank You.

http://www.wmufradio.com/

You will need Windows Media Player. I think there will be a pregame show that starts at 5:00. They will be covering game, speaking with fans and speaking with Coach Gaddis.

Sorry I have to respectfully dissagree; they are 13-0 for a reason. No doubt HC is alot better than their record indicates but I believe that Hillsboro is clearly better than them. I say Burros by 2 TDs if not more; not knocking HC at all, the Burros just have more fire power than HC and they are much more versitile than they have been in the last serveral years (this should really help against Maryville).

I don't understand some of the things you're saying, because we have been underdogs in the last 2 games. Memphis East thought they were going to beat us too with all the bragging they were doing. I know Hillsboro record is 13-0, but if you look all through the playoffs undefeated teams have fallen to #4 seeds. You can throw the records out the window and just play football. We love being the underdogs but when it's all said and done we'll be ready for the Friday night lights. So let all the hype end and strap up the helmets.

Edited by drsville