Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

The reason you haven't played Melrose is because they usually get to the semi-finals and beat Hillsboro-not Maplewood. Whenever we get the trash bags out,it will be a good month after you did.

you guys finally play and get by melrose after 73 years of playing football and you think you are the king ... well youre the team that hillsboro usually beats before they lose to maryville ... :thumb:

Edited by boski

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys finally play and get by melrose after 73 years of playing football and you think you are the king ... well youre the team that hillsboro usually beats before they lose to maryville ... :thumb:

I believe as history would have it, HC is 3-1 against Hillsboro. Am I right Drew?

And a question, Of the three years you were in the playoffs as a player, how far did you go?

And what do you base this on? Is it the WEAK schedule that Hillsboro plays? I am not saying that it's their fault, it is just a weak region. Check the computer rank of schedule if you don't believe me. Rather than just spouting off, why don't you try backing it up? I think we have a good chance of beating ANYONE because of the schedule that we have played and because we are peaking right now. And for your information, we are enjoying it and we plan to continue that.

The "weak" region you speak of had a 10-0 team, a 9-1 team, a 7-3 team, a 6-4 team and a 5-5 team for the top five spots. Your region had 7-3, 6-4, 6-4, 5-5 and 4-6 for their top five. Now before you start the "Our region is tougher; that's why our records aren't as good"; let's look at it. Only Munford and HC had more than 2 wins in region 7 or a region winning record. Therefore only two teams dominated the region standings. This doesn't hold the up the tough region claim. Hillsboro's region had 5 teams with a winning region record and 4 wins or more in the region. As for outside conference games; Hillsboro won 3 non-conference games against 5A schools; two went to the playoffs with winning records. HC played 2 5A's and lost both, 2 3A's and lost one and won one, One 4A and won it 17-6 against a 5-5 team. How do you call region 5 a weak region when region 7 can't hold a candle to it statisticially? Your agrument just won't hold water.

The "weak" region you speak of had a 10-0 team, a 9-1 team, a 7-3 team, a 6-4 team and a 5-5 team for the top five spots. Your region had 7-3, 6-4, 6-4, 5-5 and 4-6 for their top five. Now before you start the "Our region is tougher; that's why our records aren't as good"; let's look at it. Only Munford and HC had more than 2 wins in region 7 or a region winning record. Therefore only two teams dominated the region standings. This doesn't hold the up the tough region claim. Hillsboro's region had 5 teams with a winning region record and 4 wins or more in the region. As for outside conference games; Hillsboro won 3 non-conference games against 5A schools; two went to the playoffs with winning records. HC played 2 5A's and lost both, 2 3A's and lost one and won one, One 4A and won it 17-6 against a 5-5 team. How do you call region 5 a weak region when region 7 can't hold a candle to it statisticially? Your agrument just won't hold water.

Check the records of the opponents of both teams and then check the Coacht computer strength of schedule rankings. In those two places you will find your water holder.

Coach t strength of schedule HC #3 Hillsboro #53

Coach t strength of schedule plus success HC #8 Hillsboro #3

I would say that holds your water! Seems pretty even to me. Should be an excellent game. HC with the home field crowd!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys finally play and get by melrose after 73 years of playing football and you think you are the king ... well youre the team that hillsboro usually beats before they lose to maryville ... B)

Don't look for boski to post again until morning.. he works the night shift stocking shelves at wal-mart. He was well trained for this job, while equipment manager at maplewood he was allowed to put the players jock straps back in their locker at night after he washed them.

TraderB:

I hope Henry County beats Hillsboro as well. It has been my contention all along that whatever team that came out of the 7/8 Region would have to play Hillsboro. The Burros are different then the ones that faced Melrose a few years back. This is a different coach. The old Hillsboro coach is now the the new coach at Riverdale, believe it or not. I don't know what this coaches philosphy is on offense and defense, but I do know that they have been dominant. I also have heard/read somewhere that their QB is one of the best in the state. I always know how physical they are. Their team speed rivals Melroses. I'm thinking that their QB is just a little bit better then the Melrose QB. I haven't seen him play, it just a feeling that I get. I'm like you in this regard, i'm pulling for Henry County, but I think Hillsboro wins in a good game. I think # 34 gets his yards and #1 as well for Henry County. I hope I am wrong about the outcome.

KWC,

I knew that Hillsboro was more balanced this year, but I didn't realize that their QB was THAT good! I mean--if he's considered among the best in the State....that's a tremendous testament to his skill level.

At any rate, KWC, this game will tell us if Hillsboro's 13-0 record is a reflection of their true dominance, or a by-product of a weak schedule/region....My gut tells me that Hillsboro is the real deal, though.

As for Hillsboro's old Coach taking over @ Riverdale....Yeah, that IS hard to believe--very hard.

I believe as history would have it, HC is 3-1 against Hillsboro. Am I right Drew?

And a question, Of the three years you were in the playoffs as a player, how far did you go?

Umm, yes. Much to boski's chagrin, that is correct. And I expect that we will hold our own again this Friday. I hope that the QB brings his clean white jersey, I know a few gentlemen that will be anxious to dirty up the back side of it!!! He better be ready!!! :angry:

you guys finally play and get by melrose after 73 years of playing football and you think you are the king ... well youre the team that hillsboro usually beats before they lose to maryville ... :D

We dont think we're kings, we think we are semi-finalist. But I dont guess you would know anything about that, first rounder.

The YANKER hopes the HC fans and all of my friends up there have a happy Thanksgiving. I am very thankful that my father can come with me to your game. The weather looks to be great and there is nothing like high school football in the playoffs...even if my team is not playing!!! Continue to hold your own and then some with the ridiculous posters you are dealing with from Nashville. The true Hillboro fans seem alright but I do not know what to think of the others. My prediction is not formulated at this time but the YANKER will have it by the morning. I do know this...from what I am hearing from my Nashville friends, this will be a real battle and they are for real. HC needs to play very well Friday night. I AM THE YANKER!!!!!