Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

Hey Coach, if you play them like you played us i can see that easy. Plus you will not be on a muddy field. Looking forward to listening to this one Fri. night . Whoever wins going to watch ya at MTSU in Dec.

Sorry guys, nobody has been able to do that to us all year and I don't expect this Friday either. No disrespect to the Clarksville team intended, but this week is a WHOLE DIFFERENT matter! Get ready coach! :unsure:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have completely shown your ignorance with the "fatboy" statement.

and the rest of the crap you said, I am sure you said the same stuff the Clarksville folks, and how did that work out for you?

Maplewood will NEVER play Henry County in the playoffs!!! You would have to get past the third round, much less the second round.

you want get to play maryville

Hillsboro QB is Matt Arent 6'3" 205, He has thrown for 2159 yards and 25 touchdowns. Could have bigger stats with 4 recievers who run ligit sub 4.5 forties.(Hillsboro rarely had to throw in the second half of games) Arent can make all the throws from sideline to sideline including the deep pass.

HC defense will need to cover the whole field. Once coach Blade spreads out the defense, look for Jaques Seward (1941 yds and 28 touchdowns) to get his yards.

Both Arent and Seward are juniors and I suspect they will be two of the biggest recruits in TN next year.

Oh, Crap! That's a bad, bad sign for HCs secondary. :lol:

I guess all I can hope for (since I'm pulling for our West TN representative to beat Hillsboro) is for Hillsboro's defense to be as porous as HCs pass defense. That way HCs offense can do its own share of damage, and turn this game into a trackmeet.

CoachJohn, my gut tells me that this game is either going to be a shootout or a blowout! I definitely don't see it being a low-scoring game!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, Henry County, all of West Tennessee's Title hopes rest in your hands. We're hoping ya'll bring your "A" game & be ready to put a whoopin' on Hillsboro.

Oh, by the way....Don't forget to tell that dude to bring his freight train horn. As a matter of fact, tell him to bring two of 'em! :)

Hillsboro QB is Matt Arent 6'3" 205, He has thrown for 2159 yards and 25 touchdowns. Could have bigger stats with 4 recievers who run ligit sub 4.5 forties.(Hillsboro rarely had to throw in the second half of games) Arent can make all the throws from sideline to sideline including the deep pass.

HC defense will need to cover the whole field. Once coach Blade spreads out the defense, look for Jaques Seward (1941 yds and 28 touchdowns) to get his yards.

Both Arent and Seward are juniors and I suspect they will be two of the biggest recruits in TN next year.

Oh, Crap! That's a bad, bad sign for HCs secondary. ;)

I guess all I can hope for (since I'm pulling for our West TN representative to beat Hillsboro) is for Hillsboro's defense to be as porous as HCs pass defense. That way HCs offense can do its own share of damage, and turn this game into a trackmeet.

CoachJohn, my gut tells me that this game is either going to be a shootout or a blowout! I definitely don't see it being a low-scoring game!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, Henry County, all of West Tennessee's Title hopes rest in your hands. We're hoping ya'll bring your "A" game & be ready to put a whoopin' on Hillsboro.

Oh, by the way....Don't forget to tell that dude to bring his freight train horn. As a matter of fact, tell him to bring two of 'em! :ph34r:

Oh, Crap! That's a bad, bad sign for HCs secondary. :thumb:

Oh, by the way....Don't forget to tell that dude to bring his freight train horn. As a matter of fact, tell him to bring two of 'em! :D

Oh, Crap! That's a bad, bad sign for HCs secondary. :(

Oh, by the way....Don't forget to tell that dude to bring his freight train horn. As a matter of fact, tell him to bring two of 'em! :lol:

Trade B

Have confidence! HC pass defense blew two long pass coverages last week but look at the amount of times they attempted. I realize they will have to step up a notch but they are fired up and the crowd will keep them that way. They are more fired up for this than Melrose. They are sick of be being told how good Hillsboro is and not getting credit for their accomplishments.( outside of HC) I don't think anyone on this bored has predicted a HC win, but that is okay, that makes them all the more determined. They are used to being the underdog.

Trade B

Have confidence! HC pass defense blew two long pass coverages last week but look at the amount of times they attempted. I realize they will have to step up a notch but they are fired up and the crowd will keep them that way. They are more fired up for this than Melrose. They are sick of be being told how good Hillsboro is and not getting credit for their accomplishments.( outside of HC) I don't think anyone on this bored has predicted a HC win, but that is okay, that makes them all the more determined. They are used to being the underdog.

No offense man but all the talk like "they are fired up", "the crowd will keep them that way", "they are sick of being told whatever", "they are used to being underdogs", or "they are more determined", has no bearing on what happens in the game. I really dont care who wins one way or the other; I typically root for the underdog. My true non-bias assessment is if Hillsboro plays to the best of their ability then no matter how well HC plays in my opinion Hillsboro is 2 TDs better. I personally believe that this Hillsboro team has a very good chance of beating Maryville if they make it to the finals. The past Hillsboro and Melrose teams that got beat by Maryville were too one dimensional offensively. They are too good on defense to just be ale to run on without any kind of balance with the pass. This is the most balanced Hillsboro team I have seen. Great season on HCs part though; I am not taking anything away from them just feel that Hillsboro is better. Unless they just show and play a horrible game Hillsboro will take this one.

Trade B

Teebox,

Man, I sure hope you're right!

No offense man but all the talk like "they are fired up", "the crowd will keep them that way", "they are sick of being told whatever", "they are used to being underdogs", or "they are more determined", has no bearing on what happens in the game. I really dont care who wins one way or the other; I typically root for the underdog. My true non-bias assessment is if Hillsboro plays to the best of their ability then no matter how well HC plays in my opinion Hillsboro is 2 TDs better. I personally believe that this Hillsboro team has a very good chance of beating Maryville if they make it to the finals. The past Hillsboro and Melrose teams that got beat by Maryville were too one dimensional offensively. They are too good on defense to just be ale to run on without any kind of balance with the pass. This is the most balanced Hillsboro team I have seen. Great season on HCs part though; I am not taking anything away from them just feel that Hillsboro is better. Unless they just show and play a horrible game Hillsboro will take this one.

Well Kevin38, I had thought you knew more about football than that. If you are going to discount all that you mentioned as having "no bearing on the game" then you are not as wise as I thought. Playing football, emotion and momentum from it come into play. They may or may not be the deciding factor. But you keep talking like you know so much about Hillsboro and Henry County. Hillsboro is good, no doubt. But they have definite weaknesses that I have seen, and the staff at HC is experienced in exposing weaknesses. That's why Coach Gaddis is a former state champ. Being from Springfield, you have probably been closer to the Hillsboro program. But if you think that HC is just going to bow down to the feet of the "mighty burros" then you are wrong. This is a team of fighters with loads of talent to spare. Two touchdown favorites? I don't think so. After seeing the talent from both teams, I see a close game that will come down to the wire, maybe a score in the 30's.

Well Kevin38, I had thought you knew more about football than that. If you are going to discount all that you mentioned as having "no bearing on the game" then you are not as wise as I thought. Playing football, emotion and momentum from it come into play. They may or may not be the deciding factor. But you keep talking like you know so much about Hillsboro and Henry County. Hillsboro is good, no doubt. But they have definite weaknesses that I have seen, and the staff at HC is experienced in exposing weaknesses. That's why Coach Gaddis is a former state champ. Being from Springfield, you have probably been closer to the Hillsboro program. But if you think that HC is just going to bow down to the feet of the "mighty burros" then you are wrong. This is a team of fighters with loads of talent to spare. Two touchdown favorites? I don't think so. After seeing the talent from both teams, I see a close game that will come down to the wire, maybe a score in the 30's.

The reason that I say no bearing is because all the things you said both teams will have. They will cancel each other out and the best team will win. Dont think that Hillsboro will not be fired up every bit as much as HC and they do travel really well. They have been to the semis alot the last several years and have not made it past the last couple. I am just saying regardless of what people say on these boards Hillsboro will not over look HC and they will be at their best or pretty darn close anyway. I apologize if I sounded like I was completely writing off what you said; probably should have elaborated a little more.