District 11-AAA

RavenRapOnTheMap32

Interesting on how this region will look like by year's end... most teams look like they lost a lot of player except independence who is having their first senior class and they are looking to have a really good squad this year after they waxed fairview... ravenwood lost 9 seniors but almost upset lipscomb last thursday. franklin seems strong again this year with a shillacking of page, hillsboro's new coach coached for ravenwood last year and that should be a fun new rivalry. not sure on how brentwood, hillwood, hickman county, or centennial should do this year if any1 can fill me in on it, it will be greatful

centennial lost some player but no one that they couldnt replace very quickly

they have 3 returning starters, and their new starters were good off the bench

oh ya and they have drew kelly

who is even better than last year

i like centennial to finish 3rd behind franklin and indy

but they might be able to beat these teams in early december

Edited by zoosee12

Centennial is definitely the sleeper. They have 4 out of 5 starters returning and have great size in Harris (6-8), Kelly (6-7), and Mixer (6-7). They also have some deadly outside shooters in Byrd and McLemore and McFarland is just a great all around player. They could definitely sneak up on some teams this year. However, I'm going with Independence as my favorites.

I thought this was to be a rebuilding year for Franklin with the losses of some really strng players from the last two years.

I will be seeing them for the first time tonight. Those picking them to be fighting for the top spot - is that based on knowledge of this years team or reputation from last two years? I honestly have no knowledge of the talent of this years team.

Looking for insight, not guesses or trash talking.

Centennial is definitely the sleeper. They have 4 out of 5 starters returning and have great size in Harris (6-8), Kelly (6-7), and Mixer (6-7). They also have some deadly outside shooters in Byrd and McLemore and McFarland is just a great all around player. They could definitely sneak up on some teams this year. However, I'm going with Independence as my favorites.

Mixer graduated, and Lamont Harris has to pass his classes to be on the team, which isn't a given.... they have chaz scales starting at point i think, and he's a sophomore, so they won't do much this year. Indy won't be challenged by anyone except possibly franklin.

ok so after the way i've seen how its played out so far i'm not so sure about franklin taking tops in the region

i say winner of the indy/cent match ups should be favorite in the region

okay so scales started at point like i said, and byrd didn't start, but had a good game.... where were all those big tall guys you were talking about? lamont and drew were there, but i didn't see anyone else... where was matt's little brother?

ben mix is sidelined with a fractured foot, and will be out for a few more weeks.

another name i havent seen mentioned is Preston Stroop, he's a 6'3ish shooting guard, but also plays alot down low. hed be like a Drew Kelly combined with a Patrick Byrd. he transferred to CHS from FCS where he lead the leauge in PPG (averaged around 29) right now hes inilligable cause not all of his credits transferred over, so once he taked a few test, he'll more than likely start.

centennial should finish top 3 this year

Hillsboro

Independence

Franklin

Ravenwood

Centennial

Brentwood

Overton

Hillwood

Hickman County

Surprises could be Hillsboro not # 1 if the new coach does not put his best 4 in the game to start. Hillsboro should have beaten Franklin by 15 if real starters had played early. Franklin could be higher always have good coaching and good talent. They may have better talent than they get credit for because their talent this year was hidden by their talent last year. Centennial could be the biggest sleeper, Drew is great on offense but Centennial cannot play man-to-man. Indy scored on the first 4 or more possessions with easy layups. You put Drew and Bug in zone and your only chance is 3-point shooters.

All IMO

Well, it's still pretty early in the season, but I think it's going to be between Brentwood, Franklin & Indy for the District. I think Centennial & Hillsboro will battle it out for the #4 spot.

If you saw the FHS/CHS game tonight, then you watched the last sentence come true. The Rebel 3's and the CHS turnovers killed em. :thumb: