Pickett Co. @ Livingston Academy

The General

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA has a lot of talent. This was the worst I've ever seen a Pickett team play ever. They had 12 points at the half, at least a dozen turnovers and I think shot something like 16% in the first half. They came back from 21 down to within 2 and had several chances to tie but still played carelessly, rushed shots, made bad passes. Coach Bibb got a T to seal the game for LA...LA's coach was on the floor just as much but no T and the LA fans at the end of the court charged onto the court a couple of times (just a foot or so) and they never even got a warning. But, that didn't have anything to do with the loss...LA deserved this win and will have a great season. If Pickett keeps playing like this they won't go anywhere this year. What was up with the demonstrators in the stands with signs and chants?

LA has a lot of talent. This was the worst I've ever seen a Pickett team play ever. They had 12 points at the half, at least a dozen turnovers and I think shot something like 16% in the first half. They came back from 21 down to within 2 and had several chances to tie but still played carelessly, rushed shots, made bad passes. Coach Bibb got a T to seal the game for LA...LA's coach was on the floor just as much but no T and the LA fans at the end of the court charged onto the court a couple of times (just a foot or so) and they never even got a warning. But, that didn't have anything to do with the loss...LA deserved this win and will have a great season. If Pickett keeps playing like this they won't go anywhere this year. What was up with the demonstrators in the stands with signs and chants?

Didn't get to see or listen to the game but really wanted to. I wasn't sure how LA would be this year but if they beat PC they must have a good chance to compete at the level they did last year.

I don't believe I would push the panic button just yet on PC b/c this game doesn't have any bearing on each teams district standing. But I'm sure PC players are pretty upset with the way they played last night and that they didn't win. Coming back from 21 down and making a game of it tells me that PC fans should try not to grin to big on their way to the state this year.

PC has the talent they just need to work on the mental part of the game. Just wondering how TC played last night and did football help his basketball game any ???

we did get a warning the ref come over there and told us to stay off of the court and the reason ur coach got a technical is cause he was yellin at the ref

Then why mention it if it had nothing to do with the loss? Pickett County has a very good team. Maybe the reason they didn't play well the first half had something to do with LA playing well. Just the same, maybe the reason LA didn't play as well the second half had something to do with Pickett County playing much better than they did the first half. Coach Bibb's T may have been bad timing, but I think LA's free throw shooting sealed the game. As far as the demonstrators, someone else can answer that.

Edited by madisonsquaregarden

This was an excellent game. The reason Pickett Co. played so poorly in the first half is because of the Livingston full-court defense. Thats was the difference in the game. The Livingston group looked very disciplined. They kept their cool even when Pickett Co. went on their run in the second half. Coach Melton seems to require class from his players, you never seem them fuss with the refs or making any uncalled for gestures. I was very pleased with the way the boys played and the way they carried themselves. Chase Dunn is going to be amazing one day. If big Ramsey would ever stop fouling he would average 25 points a game. Looks like a good season is in store for the Wildcats..

As for the demonstrators... not sure what was going on, but they didn't show alot of class. Best thing to do is ignore it..

Bibb had a freakin right to tell at all three of the refs! I have never seen a more poor officiating in my life. If they hadn`t have had it out for us we would have won and they know it!

I'm sure thats the case. Pickett Co. is such an important place that everyone has it "out for them".. The foul count was almost dead even at the end of the game. So, that makes it hard to say they were just calling on Pickett Co. If Bibb would have kept his composure at the end, do you think the game might have been different?

This will be a good game. Should be tough, Pickett Co. has alot of returning talent and a great coach in Bibb. LA has some young guns that can knock down the three, and big man Devon Ramsey should control the boards if he stays out of foul trouble. LA's speed and thier coach will win this one.

LA by 9.

So, did I call it. Or did I call it. The speed from the full-court press? The Coach keeping his players under control by keeping their cool? Win by 9?

Final Score

LA-65

PC-56

Edited by ForLoveOfTheGame