Rumors True?

igoclimbingnaked

Here's what will happen. Maryville will amazingly either change their school zones through the Blount County Board of Edumacation and move students that way so that the students throughout Tennessee can see that in the real world, or business world that is, anything goes and the best way to get what you want is the more ideal situation. Situation 2, Maryville will again influence the t$$aa and somehow just amazingly only be 1 student shy of the "new" 4a/5a student cutoff. Thus, region 3-4a will still be stuck with a school that charges that $200 enrollment fee(or how ever much it is) but somehow isn't considered private. T$$AA = useless. How about doing away with the T$$AA and saving the state some money.

You really don't know anything about Maryville, Alcoa, or Blount County. Blount County has 3 separate school systems. The boundaries for Maryville CITY Schools are the Maryville city limits. The boundaries for Alcoa CITY Schools are the Alcoa city limits. If you live in Maryville or Alcoa you can choose to attend a county school because you pay county taxes. This bring up the third school system, Blount COUNTY Schools. Now if there is room in one of the SEPARATE city school systems and you don't live in that particular city you can pay tuition to attend that system. First choice goes to children of teachers in that system. Second choice goes to city employees. Then I believe it is all others. If you have a sibling in the system it doesn't guarantee that all of your family will get in. I belive it is more like $1,500.00 in Maryville for tuition. This makes up for the fact that you don't pay city taxes. All three school systems are rated high by the State of Tennessee. Blount County's high schools are getting a little crowded because the COUNTY school board is dragging it's feet on either expanding what they have or making another high school, but they are still fine schools. Maryville is planning on expansion also because we will continue to grow.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the new Hardin Valley school could move Karns down to 4A.. Karns is already somewhat close to the cutoff anyways are they? by like 300 or 400 or so i think? Farragut is around 2100-2200. i dont see how the county thinks they are gonna tkae more than 500 from Farragut so that should keep them in 5A. i see no way that they can even take anyone from Bearden so they shouldnt even be included in their plans.. unless. they move ppl from Farragut to Bearden but that would just "over crowd" bearden even more. i dont think Farragut is all that over crowded. it is at times but some people just make too big a deal about it. they act like their kids are getting closer to death every day they walk the halls. if uve been to Farragut its not a complicated layout so its just hte moron kids that dont realize there are easier ways to get to classes than walking through the main hall and heres a thought. dont go to ur locker after every class. anyways.. I think Maryville should and will move up to 5A. now about the region situatuion. i like the one that someone said about the blount schools going to region 1 and hte knoxville teams goin to region 2. u could also say itd work if u take the knoxville schools and take them region 1 and the blount region 2. but blount is closer to Sevier Co. and knoxville teams closer to chatt. but u could also say the knoxville teams are closer to science hill and campbell co and DB. so i guess when it happens then we'll see what happens. i personally havent figured out why Farragut Karns and Bearden arent in the same region. they are practically right next to eachother. plus itd make the Farragut Bearden rivalry that much more important and it could almost bring one to Farragut vs. Karns ( not sure if there ever really was one with football. but from what i hear Karns dropped Farragut and football because they lose.) Farragut and Bearden are in the same group in every sport but football. karns somehow gets left out of it. i just dont see how they arent in the same district and region in everything.. Karns Farragut and Bearden.. just doesnt make sense to me. by the time all this happens ill be out of high school but i know ill be curious to see how it will all work out. itd be easier if there were more 5A teams. it makes the most sense to just put Maryville in region 1 which only has 7 teams. but im sure tssaa doesnt want it to be that easy.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz