Moore County

knowledge man jr.

What principal is going to tell one of the winningest hs coaches in the nation, "No, Mr. Flatt, I just don't think you are the best coach for this job"?

From what I have heard, Mr. Flatt applied for the job. SB, nor CM called him up to offer him the job. I say if he wants to coach here, let him.

This may be the answer to the question between publics and privates. Some say that the only difference is the coaching and the administration. Who better to prove this, than Flatt himself? If he is trying to prove that point, he will have to stay for at least 2 or 3 years.

From what I heard SB didn't ask Flatt the 2 most important questions....1) Will you be here long enough to turn the program around? and 2) How many recruits will you bring? Actually I was joking about #2.

As far as SB and CM not calling him...that is so...but SB sure was willing to do whatever it took to get him. I have heard that Flatt has messed with schools before like this.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone really wants the job they need to hire him. They will not ask for all the things that Darth wanted and might do a good job. The improvements need to be made, but most coaches would like to prove their worth before asking. Flatt might have done mc a favor by not taking the job. Although I would like to see him prove he can win with yellow bus kids.