Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

ok. so it's like in highschool when your party gets caught by the cops and your lucky enough that they don't take you to jail. what do you do. of course you start over at someone elses house, simply by yelling,"hey the party has moved to someone elses house." in coacht terms that means goodpasture/milan has moved to here. have your fun

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to say somethign that no one has mentioned yet. Goodpasture's middle school program is awful. Why? The 40 people who were on the team my 8th grade year were learning the system and how to block the plays and play good defense. This is the way Goodpasture works they get kids in the system when they are 12 or 13 and they are in this system of 5 or 6 years to where they are so familiar with it that they can block the correst assignments asleep. The seniors on this team have all been playing in this system for 4 to 6 years. They have been playing together for 4 to 6 years and have been best friends for 4 to 6 years. Goodpasture's team is a family we eat together have have fun together and we play together that is the biggest difference between this team and teams of the past.

ok. so it's like in highschool when your party gets caught by the cops and your lucky enough that they don't take you to jail. what do you do. of course you start over at someone elses house, simply by yelling,"hey the party has moved to someone elses house." in coacht terms that means goodpasture/milan has moved to here. have your fun

Go GP!!! See you Friday Night.

I am going to say somethign that no one has mentioned yet. Goodpasture's middle school program is awful. Why? The 40 people who were on the team my 8th grade year were learning the system and how to block the plays and play good defense. This is the way Goodpasture works they get kids in the system when they are 12 or 13 and they are in this system of 5 or 6 years to where they are so familiar with it that they can block the correst assignments asleep. The seniors on this team have all been playing in this system for 4 to 6 years. They have been playing together for 4 to 6 years and have been best friends for 4 to 6 years. Goodpasture's team is a family we eat together have have fun together and we play together that is the biggest difference between this team and teams of the past.

The GP 5-6th grade team this year went 8-0, beating Ezell Harding x 2, DCA,Middle TN Christian, Friendship Christian, Davisdon Academy, Lipscomb, and St Josephs.

The GP 5-6th grade team this year went 8-0, beating Ezell Harding x 2, DCA,Middle TN Christian, Friendship Christian, Davisdon Academy, Lipscomb, and St Josephs.

well traditionally their programs aren't to good, look at the MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAM like he said, i don't know if those kids gained a yard all year. in four years they will have the wing t down so well, they too will be competing for a state championship.

well traditionally their programs aren't to good, look at the MIDDLE SCHOOL TEAM like he said, i don't know if those kids gained a yard all year. in four years they will have the wing t down so well, they too will be competing for a state championship.

What's nice about the 5-6th grade team is that they ran the wing-T and had only one team come close to them. Last years 5-6th grade team was 1-7 which reflects what you stated. I bet a lot of this years middle shcool players were probably on that team.

they do, i don't understand why but i am going to let you in on a secret. actually it isn't a secret when your coaches go to watching the film, but there is a best time to beat goodpasture. when martin pulls out all three of our big boys all at once on defense to rest them. you would think we would do so on offense or maybe pull them one at a time, but instead they all three come out for a series every once in a while at the same time. if you want a better chance at scoring (still not great but a little bit better) that series would be a great chance to go for it. martin will put them back in during that series though if a substantial drive got started so you'll need to go for the big play.

Edited by duece253

they are much smaller, more highschool like bodies. you must realize that the starters are men and aren't easily challenged and require a double team if the ball is coming their way.

the actual subs are:

#59 Hank Graves - 6'0" 225lbs senior

#52 Daniel Maxwell - 5'9'' 215lbs senior

#27 Justin Oubre - 5'11" 185lbs soph

come in going full speed and playing hard