Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

Gosh, I was just starting to like you, too!! :thumb:

If you'll check both of my posts on this thread, you'll see that I made no mention of Alcoa until after you brought it up (hate to be picking!) since this isn't an Alcoa thread!.

UTKCLASSOF2002: Sorry to have to disagree with you: Alcoa is not a 1A school in size, they are the bottom section of 2A (enrollment of 411; 2A is 399-666)

Sorry, oknative, I just did the unthinkable! But, I hate it when anyone twists the facts to make a point.

Again, wish the game was played on Sat.; I would've loved to see it!

Good luck to both teams. Hope the game is clean and injury free.

My apologies "Tornadogold" you are correct. I misreplied to you when I probably should have been replying to Alcoa C. Sorry for the hit. I wasn't trying to twist the facts, just tired of all the talk of "that" team on this thread.

It would be nice if we could just get past these two games.

Despite all the banter, I don't believe Milan has the horses to run with GP. It will be fun to see.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies "Tornadogold" you are correct. I misreplied to you when I probably should have been replying to Alcoa C. Sorry for the hit. I wasn't trying to twist the facts, just tired of all the talk of "that" team on this thread.

Despite all the banter, I don't believe Milan has the horses to run with GP. It will be fun to see.

i think you goodpasture and alcoa( who shouldn't even be on this thread) fans will be shockingly suprised before , during and after the game friday nite at johnnie hale. ya'll think this is gonna be a pushover' milan is ateam who has 4 gold balls, and been to the post season the last 26 years. they are use to these situations. great coaching and tradition goes a long way. goodpasture is agreat team and this game is gonna be close. 6 points or less that could go either way. tighten up you're chinstraps boys because it's gonna be a rough ride friday nite and could possibly be a long quiet ride back to nashville. no need for alcoa to comment .ya'll need to worry about smith county because it's obvious you're not.

i think you goodpasture and alcoa( who shouldn't even be on this thread) fans will be shockingly suprised before , during and after the game friday nite at johnnie hale. ya'll think this is gonna be a pushover' milan is ateam who has 4 gold balls, and been to the post season the last 26 years. they are use to these situations. great coaching and tradition goes a long way. goodpasture is agreat team and this game is gonna be close. 6 points or less that could go either way. tighten up you're chinstraps boys because it's gonna be a rough ride friday nite and could possibly be a long quiet ride back to nashville. no need for alcoa to comment .ya'll need to worry about smith county because it's obvious you're not.

I don't think the kids are the ones talking about it.

We know about Milan's tradition. I look for this game to be a close one.

I think the Goodpasture-Milan game is going to be a good one. I wish I could be there, too, but I have to be in Carthage for "that other game"!!! :thumb:

Edited by aliastn

Apology accepted. Didn't mean to imply that you were the one twisting the facts, it was one of my own doing that!

Can't wait to see how this game plays out! Hopefully they'll keep us updated.

Blowout...mayb mayb not but I say yea.I dont think it will b close.Good luck to both teams!

if i don't know anything other than this, then i believe it is a very good point. Milan has been held to two scores or less in 5 of their 13 games this year. Goodpasture has held 9 of their 13 opponents to two scores or less. Goodpasture hasn't been held under three scores. milan has only allowed one of their 13 opponents to score 3 times. if milan has a prayer for winning their defense has to come out and hold goodpasture to less than 3 scores (nearly impossible as it has only happened like 12 times in the past 7 years) and then have to put up a ton of points on a team that just doesn't allow that many. of the 4 times that the opponents of goodpastures point total surpassed 14, it has been for 28 (thanks completely to golden tate scoring all of those), 21, 19,&18.

point i am getting at is that the odds don't look to good for milan.

I think Milan will be surprised. I think it will be a long nite for the Purple Bulldawg.

duece makes a very good point there...I don't think GP has overlooked anyone all season, from Lipscomb to FRA, from JPII to Harpeth they've played their game every week, and come out on top. And, in reply to earlier, I wasn't questioning GP's passing game at all, but I"m saying if they get into a postition of having to throw the ball, we could see more turnoveres than we are use to from not throwing much now. its just gonna happen somtimes

I will agree, the odds have looked better for milan, but what good are those anyway? I dont care what any pole says, or what anyone's record says, or what any hard-core goodpasture fans says, the game Friday night will be won by a bunch of players who will be playing for either their last or second to last time this year, many of them it will be the last time ever. I will agree, to look at goodpastures record and their team, common sense says that they would be better than milan. Milan's team, however, will not see it that way. There has been a lot of talk about goodpastures running game, and our d-line wearing down. I've also heard someone say that milan might be tired because they have played some close games lately. Reading some of the post, it sounds like some people forget that Goodpastures players are human just like milans. The strength of milan's team is their D-line. I know good and well that goodpature will have some success friday, they're too good a team not to, however, if goodpasture's run game gets stoped a few times, and their O-line has to play a little more than usual, then milan will have a slight edge. Milan is no stranger to close games. They're used to having to fight for everything they get. If our defense has to play a lot, that will be no different that the last two weeks. Milan wont loose their heads and they will never give up. If we can keep this game close and turn it into a shootout, then i like milan's chances. I'm not sure how goodpasture will handle it if milan keeps them close or goes ahead, but i do know how milan will handle it if goodpasture does the same, and i like the way that looks. Win loose or draw, this will be the last time our seniors play at Johnnie Hale. They will give everything they have every single play no matter what the score is. Someone was right earlier when they said that milan has a lot of heart. That's part of the reason we are playing this week. We never hang our head and never give up. We didn't when we had to forefit 5 games and went into week 6 0-5, and we wont if we get down friday night. Someone also said that heart doesn't win ball games, i dont think you could be farther from the truth.

Milan will not be suprised friday. As much as we've seen this year, nothing will suprise us. We expect a very good team to get off the bus friday. If anyone will be suprised, it will be goodpasture. I'm not saying they will, but if milan lines down and hits goodpasture in the mouth a couple of times, i'm pretty sure that goodpastures team will be a little shocked. I am aware that you dont think goodpasture will overlook anyone, but as much as i've heard about next week, i think next week might have crossed their minds a little bit. It's hard to avoid that when you're suppose to be better than the team you're playing. Goodpasture is going to come to milan thinking it will be easy. It wont be. I'm just anxious to see how they handle that.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

I agree. Milan will play hard all 4 quarters and it won't matter what the score is.

Goodpasture will do the same. People think that Goodpasture overlooks people and such to be honest with you Goodpasture doesnt worry about the other team so much as they do their own game. Goodpasture wants to go out and do they best they can every play every game. The outcome is the outcome whatever it may be.

O yea my prediction. I think Goodpasture will be able to bust runs around the edge and have big plays. I also dont think that Milan will be able to consistently move the ball on Goodpasture.

Goodpasture 28

Milan 7

Edited by pballer44