Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Goodpasture can avoid any big mistakes, and keep the clock moving with the running game, I think that they have a very good shot at winning this game. However, if they fall behind, and have to use the passing attack more than usual, it could spell problems for the cougars. I think about midway through the first half is when we will see the rushing attack from Goodpasture really explode, when they are able to wear down Milans line. The cougars offensive line is much more sized like a college line, minus the center, who is 6'2, 235. Everyone else is 6'1 and at least 270 pounds I'm sure. They are men playing among boys for the most part. I think this should be a good game to watch, and really see two classy teams battle for the right to go to the Buro. Good luck to both teams, hoping for an injury free game. God Bless!

i wish people would quit worrying about the goodpasture passing offense. let me tell you, it is good. a qb that can throw, a line that can block, and recievers that can catch, what else do you need? statistically our qb's are better than CPA's were and everyone thought that their kid was a football god. i don't understand why people worry about the pass game, it's not like we are even going to use it that much. it's been over two years since goodpasture has thrown 20+ passes in a game and we have been to state last year and one game away from it this year. Our passing offense is good but won't be used because it simply doesn't need to be!

Well, gosh, lets not even play the games and go ahead and give Alcoa the trophy. Sure would save time and money traveling around the state, and all tickets we have to purchase.

And if both teams were exactly the same with the same players, you might be right. However, what does last year have to do with this year. Teams change - players leave, other players step into new roles. Mmmm. We might even see a different game with different results. Maybe thats why they play the games instead of listening to fans who place their dreams on past accomplishments.

I guarantee you that GP is not the same team you played last year, as Alcoa isn't the same team. But you go right ahead believing that Alcoa gets to come into this game with a 42 point differential to protect. That is of course if both teams advance on Friday.

Milan will play a tough game, but I'm not sure they can outsore GP. Too much offense, and too good of a defense.

If last year's championship embarassment has nothing to do with this year's games. Then GP can't use last year as a motivation. But last year does matter to a degree because I'm sure GP has been motivated by that drubbing they received.

Alcoa will use last year's game in a positive way as well. GP needs to remember that you're not king of the hill until you knock the king off. Mark it down, Alcoa is a better and more efficient team than last year. Whoever wins this game better hope they play the game of their lives and that Alcoa is overlooking them (which won't happen) and has a few turnovers.

GP better not lose sight of Milan because if they do, an upset could occur. Obviously, Milan is way better than their record indicates. But I will pick GP in this game because I want to see a rematch and like the rest of the Alcoa fans I want

to say, "Bring it on!"

If last year's championship embarassment has nothing to do with this year's games. Then GP can't use last year as a motivation. But last year does matter to a degree because I'm sure GP has been motivated by that drubbing they received.

Alcoa will use last year's game in a positive way as well. GP needs to remember that you're not king of the hill until you knock the king off. Mark it down, Alcoa is a better and more efficient team than last year. Whoever wins this game better hope they play the game of their lives and that Alcoa is overlooking them (which won't happen) and has a few turnovers.

GP better not lose sight of Milan because if they do, an upset could occur. Obviously, Milan is way better than their record indicates. But I will pick GP in this game because I want to see a rematch and like the rest of the Alcoa fans I want

to say, "Bring it on!"

other than tornadogold (your the man) the rest of you silly alcoa fans must be forgetting that you have a game on friday as well. hope your team doesn't forget because that could get ugly for ya'll. i hope ya'll remember to show up and don't get caught thinking this is a bye week because thats not a good thing.

and something tells me these kids don't have to play the game of their life to beat anyone they play (they're pretty good), but you know its in the eye of the beholder

if alcoa is so dadgum good then how do they have two losses? i mean if they are as good as everyone says they are then how did anyone beat them. i would figure that they could beat the colts and every other organized football team as good as alcoa fans make them out to be.

i'm so tired of hearing about how good alcoa is, i hope that they play really well friday and then get drummed by us later.

if alcoa is so dadgum good then how do they have two losses? i mean if they are as good as everyone says they are then how did anyone beat them. i would figure that they could beat the colts and every other organized football team as good as alcoa fans make them out to be.

i'm so tired of hearing about how good alcoa is, i hope that they play really well friday and then get drummed by us later.

Amen! Ive been waitin on someone to say that.

But back to GP vs. MILAN. Milans got some big ole boys but they dont seem to be quick off their feet so i dont see how they're gonna be able to stop our runnin game but im not countin them out. I have respect for them for makin it this far after having to forfeit 5 games (which btw i think yall got screwed over) All i can say is that this is the play offs and at this point the win lose record means nothing, all that matters is how hard each team comes out to play Friday night at Johnny Hale. We look forward to a great game!

Look who they lost to. Maryville and Fulton. Maryville is ranked 25th in America!!!! Fulton possibly will win 3A. In both games the margin was only 3. Do they have 2 losses? Yes. Two things to note about that. First, Alcoa is better now than they were in September. Second, Fulton and Maryville are the top 2 teams in Tennessee.

Compared to the other teams in 2A, Alcoa is head and shoulders beyond them. GP, Milan, Smith Co., all would have been destroyed by either Fulton or Maryville. Alcoa is 1A in size (as for the school goes) but its talent cannot be matched by anyone.

Don't dream yourself into thinking that GP would be undefeated if they had played Alcoa's schedule this year. Maryville would beat them, Fulton would beat them, McCallie would beat them, and a tough game could have come from either Loudon, Sweetwater, or Booker T.

ATTENTION ALL HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS:

give up, if your not an alcoa fan your never right and you'll never be right. alcoa congrats on being the biggest talkers in 2a. keep talking and give us more of a reason to not like you.

oh and by the way, lipscomb is the number one seed in 3a (over fulton) and, um.. pretty sure we beat them!

Then I wish the Alcoa fans like yourself would quit bringing up Alcoa.

Gosh, I was just starting to like you, too!! :thumb:

If you'll check both of my posts on this thread, you'll see that I made no mention of Alcoa until after you brought it up (hate to be picking!) since this isn't an Alcoa thread!.

UTKCLASSOF2002: Sorry to have to disagree with you: Alcoa is not a 1A school in size, they are the bottom section of 2A (enrollment of 411; 2A is 399-666)

Sorry, oknative, I just did the unthinkable! But, I hate it when anyone twists the facts to make a point.

Again, wish the game was played on Sat.; I would've loved to see it!

Good luck to both teams. Hope the game is clean and injury free.

Edited by tornadogold

ATTENTION ALL HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL FANS:

give up, if your not an alcoa fan your never right and you'll never be right. alcoa congrats on being the biggest talkers in 2a. keep talking and give us more of a reason to not like you.

oh and by the way, lipscomb is the number one seed in 3a (over fulton) and, um.. pretty sure we beat them!

Please don't judge all fans by just a couple running their mouths. Every school has those.

3A:

Sonny Moore: 1) Fulton, 2) Catholic, 3) Lipscomb

Murphy Fair: 1) Crockett Co., 2) Catholic, 3) Lipscomb, 5) Fulton

Earl Nall: 1) Fulton, 2) Crockett Co., 3) Catholic, 4)Lipscomb

Massey: 1) Fulton, 2) Catholic, 3) Lipscomb

Sports Report: 1) Fulton, 2) Catholic, 3) Lipscomb