Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

That team he is talking about is Humboldt, the team that you might have been facing this week if not for a missed XP

Humboldt runs the Wing T with Mr. Football finalist Adrian Donald leading the group with close to 2000 yards on the season along with 30 tds in the strongest region in 2A top to bottom...Keith Wardlow was on the other side...Runs a 4.6 while benching over 350...Along with the Wing T, they also ran the spread offense (very similar to what West Virginia does)...Played with 2 QB's (one Wardlow, the other Will Roe, also a 4.6, much better throwing QB)...When they weren't running the ball, they'd throw it to EJ Epperson, likely all-state selection...At 6'4 215, every jump ball was his and once he got it, he was very difficult to bring down...

So, sounds tough to stop, right? Well, Milan held all of those weapons to just 22 points in 2 games...In the first game, they held Donald to 15 yards rushing...As a team, Humboldt only had 37 rushing yards that game...Humboldt was also very deep and experienced, both on the line and in the backfield and I would rather have Donald than all 7 of the Goodpasture backs (I watched Goodpasture play JPII this year in person so this isn't some blind Humboldt fan running his mouth about something he doesn't know about)...If you think you're going to waltz into Milan and beat Milan without your A game, then you're crazy...Milan is forreal...Their defense is loaded with size upfront and speed at the linebacker and DB position...This will be their second straight week seing the Wing T so don't expect it to look foreign to them...Also, something very few have mentioned...Milan is the best coached team remaining in the playoffs in 2A and if you don't think Coach Morris doesn't have something waiting for you, then GP is in for a rude awakening...Good luck to both teams Friday night

Another interesting stat...Adrian Donald, in 13 games this season, scored 30 tds...He scored in every game except for two...Can you guess which 2 games he didn't score in? Try Milan - Week 6...and Milan - Week 13...He was only held under 100 yards twice all season and one of those games was also against Milan...and if 22 points in 2 games isn't enough, take into consideration that if not for a very improbable fumble at the 1 yard line, Humboldt's offensive total in 2 games is only 9 points

Milan is far from the best coached team in 2a...Please help me but if Milans run d is so good why did trenton rush up and down the field on them?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan is far from the best coached team in 2a...Please help me but if Milans run d is so good why did trenton rush up and down the field on them?

If milan's coaching staff is "far from" the best in 2a, i would love to know who you think is close to it. Oh, and trenton didn't run up and down the field on us. If they had, they would have won.

If milan's coaching staff is "far from" the best in 2a, i would love to know who you think is close to it. Oh, and trenton didn't run up and down the field on us. If they had, they would have won.

I saw the film...they shouldve but they didnt because they didnt finish!CPA,Goodpasture,Alcoa..Well we will see friday when they are tested.These kids are very well humans but are abnorally hard working humans....with size

i dont care how good they are, if they're not super-human, they CAN get worn down. Goodpasture hasen't had a game where they couldn't afford 2 take their starters out 4 rest. If Milan moves the ball on them, and forces them to play evey down, they will get worn out.

goodpasture has had two games that were really close

they trailed at halftime against JP2 then took over the game

and the DL game is always close

a point you are missing is when GP takes their starters out the backups

are just as good that's why 7 running backs play and fresh legs will

wear you out

cougars 34 milan 20

I saw the film...they shouldve but they didnt because they didnt finish!CPA,Goodpasture,Alcoa..Well we will see friday when they are tested.These kids are very well humans but are abnorally hard working humans....with size

Goodpasture has a GREAT team this year. Having said that, Goodpasture better get us this year.

I"ve been watching Milan Bulldog football for the last 30 years, witnessed three state championship teams play, but the next 3-4 years have as much or more (potential) than any of the previous 30 bulldog teams I"ve seen. If any of you young Bulldogs (8th-10th graders) are reading this, don't get caught up in the hype that will follow you, but instead just keep lifting the weights, running, and listen to your coaches. The end result will be a gold football or two and memories that will last a lifetime.

However, don't count this year's Bulldog team out. They play with a lot of passion and love for the game. Many teams would have folded with five forfeits, but this team didn't. They are 8-5 and the players and coaches expect to be 9-5 Saturday morning. Whether that happens or not is not the point I"m trying to make. The point is they "really" expect to win regardless of who they're playing.

I never pick against Milan, so here it goes. Milan wins 20-17.

Have a safe trip and I hope both teams play a clean, hard hitting game, without any injuries.

This will anger all the Milan fans but i will say it anyway. CPA would beat yall. I dont think that anyone realizes how good they were. They are the number 3 team in the state in 2A. They are that good and Goodpasture beat them twice. As for this game it will be a good game because Milan is a great team they would not be this far if they were not. They have a great tradition and a great season this year even with the 5 game screw job by TSSAA. You guys are 12-1 not 8-5. Goodpasture respects you greatly but i think that Goodpasture has to much diversity this year. If the run game isnt effective they will pass the ball and they are good at that. But i think that the new plays put in to exploit the weakness will do it.

Nice Post - Red 16

I like being in this underdog role this week. It is unusual but it is different. I mean the GP and Alcoa guys are already making plans for next Friday night. They might be right but the games still have to be played.

Congrats to your team for a great year. We are fortunate to still be playing this week and I am smart enough to know it.

I have no doubt that Milan is a great team. No one gets to this point in the season by accident. They're all good at this point. But I guarantee Coach Martin isn't looking forward to Alcoa or Smith County - he's concentrating on Milan and Friday night.

I watched GP practice yesterday, and saw the offensive line staff work on one simple fundamental for 20 minutes. Should a coach be working on simple fundamentals 2 days before a good game. Absolutely. THe big stuff in football is easy. Find a running back who is fast, make your defensive linemen stronger. But winning consistently is about the details. How to perform with near perfection on the field. Can any team do that? Probably not because there are simply too many variables on a football field. But when all of your players take care of the small details, the play takes a huge step forward.

Sure GP makes mistakes, we've made lots of them this season. But they're easier to make up for when the team has the talent that this team has - the talent to play as a team.

But can Milan outscore GP, that's where I think the GP has the edge and will win. And if Milan's defense can perform against GP, then they will deserve to move on and play Alcoa or Smith County. About 20 hours and we'll have an idea which way its going.

Duece.......... i don't know who you are but please stop talking trash...... it gets u no where ..... if you are a player then SHUT UP.....take care of it on friday and don't be talking stuff

That wasnt really trash talk it was honest but i agree people shouldnt talk about how good we are. and such because its better to let everyone think you are a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.

its gonna be a good game....wont be a blow out..goodluck to both teams...

i beg to differ,

GP wins big or they play so terrible and turn it over so much that Milan wins pretty handily. Ive seen GP play a few times this year and i havent really seen them play a mediocre game yet. Therefore i dont expect Milan keep it close if GP is on their A game.