Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

If Milan can keep it close or even get ahead and stay ahead, it's going to be interesting to see how Goodpasture keeps their composure to try to get into the game, get ahead, or stay ahead. I don't believe they've been in that position all year, so they haven't really been tested.

Can Milan give them a run for their money?

Is Goodpasture really like Gatlinburg-Pittman who was 10-0 at the end of the season, but when they finally came across a halfway decent team they folded? (I really don't think this is the case...I think Goodpasture has played some halfway decent teams.)

Edited by tornadogold

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever wins this game better start getting ready....Goodpasture remembers what happened last time they played Alcoa at state....it got a little ugly.

Yeah, but Goodpasture isn't the only bunch to have ugly ones...remember 2003 (55-6)?

Anyway, this is 2006 and all the teams are different - we won't know how so until we walk off the field at the end of the game.

I'm thinking, although Milan's got a pretty good team, Goodpasture takes this one.

GOODPASTURE 21 :D

MILAN 7

If Milan can keep it close or even get ahead and stay ahead, it's going to be interesting to see how Goodpasture keeps their composure to try to get into the game, get ahead, or stay ahead. I don't believe they've been in that position all year, so they haven't really been tested.

Is Goodpasture really like Gatlinburg-Pittman who was 10-0 at the end of the season, but when they finally came across a halfway decent team they folded? (I really don't think this is the case...I think Goodpasture has played some halfway decent teams.)

So what I hear you saying is that CPA, David Lipscomb, Lewis Co., and JPII are just halfway decent? Well, you must be thinking about their powder-puff girls teams and not their footbll teams. Currently, these teams are state-ranked by Coach T at CPA #8 (2A), David Lipscomb #1 (3A), Lewis Co.#6 (2A), and JPII had a good (7-4) season. At other times some of them have been ranked higher by other polls.

But then what do polls really say? Will Goodpasture's favorite poll be on the field playing your favorite poll? No way! We like it that way, we'll be there in person to show you how good we are, hope to see you there in person! :D

Edited by soccerdad

Who ever wins this game better start getting ready....Goodpasture remembers what happened last time they played Alcoa at state....it got a little ugly.

Well, gosh, lets not even play the games and go ahead and give Alcoa the trophy. Sure would save time and money traveling around the state, and all tickets we have to purchase.

And if both teams were exactly the same with the same players, you might be right. However, what does last year have to do with this year. Teams change - players leave, other players step into new roles. Mmmm. We might even see a different game with different results. Maybe thats why they play the games instead of listening to fans who place their dreams on past accomplishments.

I guarantee you that GP is not the same team you played last year, as Alcoa isn't the same team. But you go right ahead believing that Alcoa gets to come into this game with a 42 point differential to protect. That is of course if both teams advance on Friday.

Milan will play a tough game, but I'm not sure they can outsore GP. Too much offense, and too good of a defense.

I don't believe they've been in that position all year, so they haven't really been tested.

So is Milan the halfway decent team, or is Alcoa the halfway decent team?? Or does either even qualify as a halfway decent team.

Or have both of their schedules been against nothing but undefeated teams? Was Wartburgm, Rockwood or Cumberland Gap a halfway decent team? I think another post more than addressed that we've already played some halfway decent teams.

I think Milan will be shocked at what they see on Friday night.

It's sooo easy to get people in an uproar! :lol:

As I said in my post, I don't think this is the case (not playing halfway decent teams)!

Since this is the Goodpasture-Milan thread, I was talking about Milan, not Alcoa!

I don't know about how difficult your region is. Just because a team is #1 in a poll or undefeated doesn't mean that they're the best team in their class.

But, noone has addressed the real question in my post:

How will Goodpasture deal with a close game, or having to come from behind since they haven't had any real challenges this year?

And, can Milan give Goodpasture a run for their money?

Sure wish this game was being played on Sat. so I could go to it! Sounds like it's going to be a close one.

Milan appears to have a lot of heart, but hearts don't win ballgames.

They do pretty well with close games because thier running game is so productive.They have been challenged a couple of times.They were losing at halftime in the PJPII game and pulled it out.The David Libscomb game was also a close one.As far as Milan giving a run...I believe for the first half they will then the dominating running game of Goodpasture will begin to show.The big boys at Milan will wear down!I feel ya tornadogold,when any1 takes a loss like the one last year its hard to talk about but yall should know as well

They do pretty well with close games because thier running game is so productive.They have been challenged a couple of times.They were losing at halftime in the PJPII game and pulled it out.The David Libscomb game was also a close one.As far as Milan giving a run...I believe for the first half they will then the dominating running game of Goodpasture will begin to show.The big boys at Milan will wear down!I feel ya tornadogold,when any1 takes a loss like the one last year its hard to talk about but yall should know as well

dont feel that we will be surprised by what we see seen it before. my only question mark is how long milans d can hold. up if they are on the feild like they have been the past 2 weeks it will be a long night !!!!!!!!!