fastest 40 in state?

Guest redevil49

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cole703

This is a joke because 99.9% of the times are not correct. Only take times done at a combine or college camp. There are alot of 4.4's that become 4.75 when they are timed by a professional.

A few weeks ago I was in a combine and I was talking to a guy from Dallas. He said that no one runs under a 4.4 on the field. If someone says they do they are lying. This is coming from a guy who has been timing people for over 10 years. He also said that the way most people come up with there 40 time is they subtract .2 sec when they are timed on grass and that will give you an idea what you run on a track. So most often when a person says they run a 4.4, they were most likely running a 4.6 on grass.

[Edited by lu82 on 5/3/02 2:00A]

Guest kendall44

lu82 you are exactly right, if anyone knows you definately do, didn't you have like a 4.47 or something like that, Did you see Stallworth run his? how fast was Noah back in the day? I read about all these kids running 4.1 and 4.2's and I'm like uhhhh nooooo...i don't think theses high school coaches are getting accurate times, Remember when Gwin timed us my soph. and your senior year, we had some low times, i think he said i ran a 4.7 flat...yeaaahhh right

this may sound outlandish but i am a senior and i played with two guys that both ran 4.31 40's and they were timed by college scouts. both of these guys (tony ferguson and keith mahome) are big time track runners and should go somewhere for track but they are good football players as well. call me a liar if you want but i have nothing but the truth to tell

I know that you can find ways to beat the clock on 40 times. We have some guys in the 4.5 an 4.6 range that were timed on the track. What I like to see is the game speed. The guys may not have blistering track speed but never seem to get caught or run down in the game. That is the speed that matters to me as a coach.

a good 40 time is a good thing to have when college coaches are looking at someone. wardog2038 i agree with you 100%. we had guys that could run 4.5 and 4.6 and two that ran 4.31 but that was without pads on. quickness is a huge part of being able to get away or catch someone and good judgement as well. i run a 4.60 and during a game have managed to catch guys that i know are faster than me and one of the guys that runs a 4.31 has been caught by LB's before and that shouldn't happen at all

Guest whiteboy18

ive got a buddy on our team who runs about a 4.2 or 4.3, seriously, this kid is unbelieveable, he weighs like 120 lbs and its about 5'10 but hes fast

A couple of years ago I saw a report on the NFL combine and some statistics..only 5 NFL players tested had ever run true electronically times sub-4.3's..Deion Sanders, Bo Jackson, and some track guys who I don't remember. I really have to question anyone who claims a 4.3 in high school, and I would have to look twice at 4.4's though I'm sure there are a few. (4.75 hand-held, 5.0 electronic here LOL)

Deion Sanders when he was at Florida State had the fastest time ever recorded there 4.28. Jerry Rice

was timed in college at 4.55, ESPN. He may have gotten faster in the pros. Joey Galloway coming out of college before going to the Seahawks had the unofficial fastest time ever recorded for a 40 at

4.17 sec. When you here of people saying they ran a fourty in 4.4 to 4.2 they are either in pretty good company. or not being timed correctly.