fastest 40 in state?

Guest redevil49

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add to what I posted earlier. When I was timed by an NFL scout my first time was a 4.58 and my second was a 4.52. This was on grass. What that would be on a track I don't know but I know it would be faster. The scout said I could take about .1 off to get an accurate idea but a team might take up to .2 off to release on my stats. That is what an NFL scout told me so everyone can base what you run on that.

As far as NFL guys go, I was backup to Ron Dixon of the New York Giants when I was a freshman and I remember him running for scouts on a track and leaving there mouths hanging wide open. He ran a 4.18 followed by a 4.21. What is amazing about Ron though is that his grass time isn't much slower. I beleive he ran something like a 4.29-4.33 range on grass. He is definitely one of the top 5 fastest guys in the NFL. It was a great privelege to watch him play in college and learn from him.

[Edited by lu82 on 5/3/02 2:04A]

Guest kendall44

Lu82, is one the fastest guys I've personally ever seen, at 6'4 ,207...and he is WR, so i know if he's running legit 4.55's these high schoolers time aren't accuarate...If you think about this guys name lu82 (Lambuth 82)...former west Tn athlete of the year, beat out some tough guys for that award...I knew Dixon was a speedster but i didn't know he was that fast, Mike you are dedicated to make it to the next level, I wish everyone else knew who you were and that they are talkin a an NFL prospect....what do you think about Steven't 4.5 and Dame's 4.5,,legit???

Anyone on the high school level claiming to run a sub 4.5 40 is blowing a lot of smoke. The fastest electronically (accurately) timed human to ever run the 40 ran it in 4.29 seconds. He was an Olympic sprinter who posted the best time in the 100 ever but his time was DQ'd when he tested positive for steroids. His name escapes me, but if necessary I will find it. So, an Olympic sprinter juiced up on steroids ran the fastest 40 ever on a track at 4.29. I seriously doubt any high school kid runs anything under 4.5.

Guest charlemagnelbcking

40 times on the high school level are inflated because of hand held timing. I know of player like Ryan Maples who used to play at Maryville who actually did run a 4.44 at a combine in atlanta before his senior year, but he was extremely fast. Carl Stewart has been clocked at 4.45 and i think if he runs at a combine it wont be much slower, he is very fast. But I like Bill parcels philosophy on this, he says that he does not read much into 40's and other test because every play is not 40yds and you dont do this in games and if he ever caught someone running a forty or shuttle run in a game he kick their @$$ off the team.

GENERALLY I DONT THINK THE COACHES ARE NECCISARILY LYING ABOUT THE TIMES RUN BY THE ATHLETES. ITS KINDA LIKE THE 2000 FLORIDA PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. WHATS A VOTE, HANGING CHAD, PREGNANT CHAD EXT.... I AM A GOOD EXAMPLE.I PLAYED OFFENSIVE TACKLE IN COLLEGE. I RAN A LEGIT 4.92 40 WHICH WAS THE AVG OF 3 WATCHES THE BEST OF THE 3 WAS 4.88 AND THE SLOWEST WAS 4.95 WITH ONE TIME IN THE MIDDLE SOMEWHERE. I ACTUALLY RAN THAT ON A TRACK IN TENNIS SHOES AT GERMANTOWN HIGH SCHOOL. BUT THE NEXT WEEK, MITCH DAVIS WHO IS CURRENTLY THE HEAD COACH AT MEMPHIS OVERTON TIMED ME @ 5.17/5.21 ON TWO ATTEMPTS. DOES THAT MEAN I FIBBED ABOUT THE 4.88 I RAN THE PREVIOUS WEEK AT GERMANTOWN. NO IT DOESN'T, OBVIOUSLY A TRACK IS FASTER THAN GRASS AND A TRACK WITH SPIKES IS EVEN FASTER THAN A TRACK WITH TENNIS SHOES. SO UNLESS THE SURFACE AND TYPE OF SHOES WORN IS STATED NEXT TO THE TIME RUN, THEIR WILL BE NO REAL STANDARD. I WAS BASICLY 2.5 TENTHS OF A SECOND SLOWER ON GRASS. SO HYPOTHETICALY A KID CAN CLAIM HE RUNS A 4.3, WHERE AS HIS TRACK COACH MAY HAVE CLOCKED HIM @ 4.38 WITH HIM FOOLING AROUND BEFORE TRACK PRACTICE WITH SPIKES. HE GETS TO COLLEGE AND MAY RUN 4.65 ON GRASS ELECTRONICALLY. SAME KID DIFFERENT SURFACE AND SHOES IN ADDITION TO A DIFFERENT TIMMING METHOD.

Guest AnswerGuy

Hello? Did you read the post two above yours? I recall reading about this person too. He ran a 4.29, electronically timed, on a track, juiced up on steroids, after he had been training for the OLYMPICS (not a district meet). To say a kid, or a man, who is not on steroids and surely hasn't had the type of training can run anything less than a 4.4 (really a 4.5) is ridiculous.

• 3 months later...

what about jabari greer? when he left for UT from south side he ran at a combine and ran a 4.32 and a 4.37. he is the fastest person i had ever seen in person. he's ast enough that the national olympic committee has been looking at him for the past two years to run the anchor leg in relays, when he is not playing football. they should be looking at him for the high jump, 50"+ vertical leap.

Posted by redevil49:

who has the fastest 40 on your team or were you are from?

There is a guy at BA named Trevor Hewitt, Mason Revelette, and Bean CLark that run non-winded 4.2 they average 270 lbs. and are amaziningly fast and should go straight from HS to the NFL as free agents hoping to make millions off there quicknesssss.......... ps. you shouuld check these guys out!!!!!

Posted by BABILL:
Posted by redevil49:

who has the fastest 40 on your team or were you are from?

There is a guy at BA named Trevor Hewitt, Mason Revelette, and Bean CLark that run non-winded 4.2 they average 270 lbs. and are amaziningly fast and should go straight from HS to the NFL as free agents hoping to make millions off there quicknesssss.......... ps. you shouuld check these guys out!!!!!

not a chance pal........my leg is longer now!