UNAKA

superman 23

Wut happened to Sheets? Is he cumin back?

Probably not from what I hear. He needs to be more discliplined in his studies as well as the court.

Everyone just needs to chill and let the guys come together - it may take a few games to get in the flow. Just remember these seniors have had 3 coaches in the last three years. I know the Rangers will be ready for whatever comes their way. Best of Luck!!!

Edited by cucry

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team will struggle early and late through out the remainder of the season. They are getting no production out of there bench,They are turning the ball over way to many times in crucial parts of the game, There is no defense believe it or not atleast not in the halfcourt and the shot selection from two or three players is just killing them on offense.

If some changes arent made and I dont know how the players will respond through out the rest of the season than I wouldnt be surprised if Unaka doesnt' make it out of the regionals once again.

Yes it is tough facing a major coaching change through out the season but you have to face the music and play through it and I dont think most of these kids are responding to the change and if that is the case slow start or not than this program is in for some major problems.

And to answer your question "BlueEagle" I havent had the chance to see any of the freshman play this year but they had two or three good players out of Hunter Elementary last year and one from Unaka I believe.

Number 1 - Oakdale beat Harriman by 12.

Number 2 - Wartburg is in district 4..not district 2.

Number 3 - Wartburg didn't impress anyone in sub state, because they didn't play well at all. They didn't play the game they were accustomed to. If you wanted to see the real Wartburg team, you have had to have seen them in the regular season. You shouldn't judge how good Wartburg is by one game. Unaka plays Wartburg in the Christmas Classic in Harriman. You can decide how Unaka and Wartburg match up then.

Number 4 - Do you think it's possible that Unaka didn't rebound because Cosby boxed out well or something. Do you think maybe Cosby is a better rebounding team. You can't say they didn't play defense or rebound without giving credit to Cosby.

The only team from district 2 thats any good is Wartburg. Oliver Springs lost 8 seniors from a team that didn't even make it out of the 1st round of the regionals. Wartburg didn't impress me last year in sub-state. Cloudland didn't even play a real good game and still beat them. On the scoreboard, Harrriman beat a sorry Oakdale team by ONLY 12, and I don't even know if the actualy won. And Cosby will be good. But Unaka went to the Eagel's Nest, didn't play deffense or rebound, and they still almost couldn't even give it to Cosby. So, whoever wins Region 1 (most likely the District 1 champion) and hosts a sub-state game will in all likely hood go to State. Unaka's biggest challenge will be the teams from their own conferance. Not Cosby, Harriman, or Wartburg. And deffinatly not Oliver Springs.

Edited by harvo20

Number 1 - Oakdale beat Harriman by 12.

Number 2 - Wartburg is in district 4..not district 2.

Number 3 - Wartburg didn't impress anyone in sub state, because they didn't play well at all. They didn't play the game they were accustomed to. If you wanted to see the real Wartburg team, you have had to have seen them in the regular season. You shouldn't judge how good Wartburg is by one game. Unaka plays Wartburg in the Christmas Classic in Harriman. You can decide how Unaka and Wartburg match up then.

Number 4 - Do you think it's possible that Unaka didn't rebound because Cosby boxed out well or something. Do you think maybe Cosby is a better rebounding team. You can't say they didn't play defense or rebound without giving credit to Cosby.

Oadale beat Harriman by 12? Now thays pretty sad.

Cosby and Unaka will be alright come tourney time. Cosby played awful aganist Cloudland and had to come back and beat Unaka, not very Cosby like. I think who wins the region between Cloudland and Unaka goes to the boro, I'm really not sure which team is better at this time but that will be a good game.

Cloudland and Hampton have a better chance of going to state than Unaka does!

Rangerbook is just on here to stir up controversy if he knew half as much as he thought he did than I have no clue what we would do. And yes anybody in there right frame of mind know's how bad of a coach Mark Mcclain is you are a little behind on that subject.

So what is your clame to fame rangerbook besides keeping fouls and points for a boys highschool team and criticizing coaches and players ? Pretty odd from a kid that doesnt know to much about the game of basketball dont you think? :blink:

from what i've seen playing hard might bee a stretch.and the three seniors aren't really acting like seniors but it's early,and i'll be patient just had higher expectations for these seniors than what i've seen so far.they better get it in gear or it's going to be gone.

Well, were you at the Unicoi game? Is it still a stretch?