FCS vs JCS

Commander63

I agree Boredguy...McKenzie and Lake County had very balanced attacks...but to Cottonman's comments...MP was not a one man show...they had alot of guys up front working hard to make holes for Daily...and let's face it...if we had Daily at JCS...we would run him often as well...he is a special talent...

He definately has some amazing moves on the field. As shifty as any I've seen.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the public and privates..I look at it like this..A lot or people were against the way it was..I don't see any difference..True..U.S.J had their run of things around this area for several years..But is it any different?Most single A schools thought it would keep smaller schools or schools close to their enrollment in Single A..But with McKenzie and U.C. coming down along with schools in other parts of the state in similiar situations..Is it any better?...Now..Lake Co has to contend with U.C. and McKenzie and with about 4 other teams instead of just 5 team districts,,A good team could get left out of the playoffs....I don't see any difference in playing J.C.S. and U.S.J than U.C. and McKenzie..I believe it was actually better all the way around ,at least for Lake Co..to have kept playing the privates...It's not much different in football as far as overall talent,just more teams now..but if we still had the old system..Lake Co may have had a chance to have won the State championship in basketball instead of U.C...Plus..now there are 10 teams bunched up in this super district..Most people thought it was going to be better with the privates being gone..but as far as I'm concerned...I'd just as soon as played with the old system...Greenfield,S.Fulton,Gleason..may have been underdogs coming in against U.S.J and J.C.S. but had a chance to make the playoffs with only 5 teams..but now with U.C..,Bruceton,McKenzie,Lake Co..has to play just as tough a schedule with no chance most years to make the playoffs..

Edited by mrbigster

I enjoy talking about private vs public as much as anyone...but lets keep it on the right board...let's keep this thread about JCS and FCS...our boys played hard and deserve to have the fun of this week without anything overshadowing it...

I agree with you Jaxman..I really wish they would have left things alone..It really didn't help the other sports..and yall could stay Single A,,It's not a whole lot of difference in playing J.C.S. and U.S,J. than U.C. and McKenzie...

But..you're right..if this post stays like this..it will stray from being about F.C.S. and J.C.S.

Edited by mrbigster

Weather Note for Friday in Murfreesboro...

As of now, the forecast is for rain on Wednesday and Thursday, sunny skies on Friday with a high of 37 degrees. Do you reckon there will be a north wind then as well? <_<

Bring your gloves and wear your thick socks.... Sounds like it will be a little brisk.

gocart...i suspect both teams fans will be so excited we won't notice the weather until the horn sounds...lol...I for one can't wait...

Tru dat. I was sweating last night with no coat on....

This is a fun ride. Better than E tix at Disney <_<

Oh, and have I mentioned how proud I am of our team, coaches, student body, parents, and alumni? Last night at Ronnie Fowler Field felt like homecoming.

JCS family, keep on supporting our team and your school, and keep on doing it with CLASS. You are glorifying God.

I've also gotta add that each of the four teams we've played in November have also glorified God on the field and in the stands. Union City, McKenzie, Lake County, and Mount Pleasant, I applaud your sportsmanship and class. It puts a lump in my throat when, after every game, everyone on the field from both teams kneel and offer a prayer of thanks. That is giving God the glory...

Edited by Gocart

possumtower...what kind of offense does FCS run?...we run (at JCS) a spread...ace backfield...sometimes open backfield...fairly balanced between run and pass...little heavier towards pass...maybe 60-40...we run a 5-3 or 4-4 on defense...good team speed...backers are not big hitters but sure tacklers....would love to hear about your team...

Shoot sounds a lot like us. We likes to run but that Miller boy we got can flat sling that rock. We got us 4 or 5 quick fellers that can catch too. Rickaway can flat out run. He is a good un. Ole coach Mac seems to find him a new look every game so stay tuned. Should be a good un