FCS vs JCS

Commander63

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson Christian is about to get introduced to Friendship Christian, Slick Rick and the Commander Nation. Jackson Christian is a good team but S.R. feels that F.C.S. will prove to be way to strong to make a really close game out of it. The truth is that Jackson Christian has played a pretty weak schedule and are going to have problems containing F.C.S. Old S.R. thinks that Jeremy Rickaway will run over, under, around and through Jackson Christian. Friendship is battle tested and ready to bring the state championship home where it belongs. If F.C.S brings this thing home this season, a repeat will happen next season. F.C.S. is the newest dynasty in 1A football. Just stating facts here people. Trust S.R. this is going to happen. It is going to be a fun ride for all the Commander Nation. Get there early on Friday and let's get ready to rumble. Make sure the horn is ready to go because we will be using it alot on Friday afternoon at the Boro. Good luck to Jackson Christian. You guys have a good team, but you haven't played us yet.

GO EAGLES!!!

Alright, boys, I have remained fairly silent this week about tomorrow’s Friendship vs. Jackson Christian game for the 2006 Class A State Championship game. I want to congratulate both programs for the wonderful season both have had. It’s been one great ride for all the young men, coaches, and fans but the ride is nearly over.

Now for what I’ve came here to say. I just wanted to pass a little something along to Friendship, whom I will be pulling for tomorrow. Hopefully someone will pass these words on to some of the players, especially the Seniors, as they are words of experience. I was lucky enough to have been a Freshmen way back in 1984 and a member of the State Championship that we won at Gordonsville that season. That’s not what I am going to tell you about. 1987 I was a Senior and according to the people who made the predictions then we were predicted to finish fourth in our district, yes three classes, a district format, and two teams from each go to the playoffs. I can recall things about each and every game. I missed the Friendship game as my father had a sudden aneurysm on game day and passed away two days later. Anyway, we shocked everyone and came out as District Champions. The playoffs rolled around and Monterey was our first round opponent. .Monterey tried a very long field goal as no Class A team had scored on our defense all year long. Second round saw a trip to Nashville and Ezell Harding. The streak of unscored on ended when a tight end caught a pass and rumbled into the end zone. Quarterfinals saw South Pittsburg roll into Gordonsville. A year earlier the Pirates had ended our playoff hopes and emotions were very high especially after the lights were turned off before the spirit tunnel and they came back on just as we busted the banner. A raucous South Pitt Crowd fell silent and 36-0 we were headed towards the Semifinals and who we assumed would be FRA but it was Greenback. I can remember the bus ride, hotel, and team meal. Then off to the field. Stopping Greenback on their first possession and on the first play for our offense a sophomore tailback breaking away on a trap and racing 71 yards for a score. To keep from rambling the scoreboard was not in our favor at the final buzzer.

What I am trying to say is enjoy tomorrow but DO NOT LET THE OPPORTUNITY BEFORE YOU SLIP AWAY! I guarantee the old saying time heals all wounds does not apply. You will remember tomorrow for the rest of your lives. If you don’t attain the goal you wish you will always wonder if there was something you could have done differently to change the outcome. Leave no doubt! Play like it’s your last because for some of you it will be and the others may never pass this way again. Go out and take care of business like you have all season long and things will fall the way you want them to!

Good Luck and God Bless! Go Commanders!

From,

An Old Tiger in Allegany, New York

Friendship – 28

JCS - 15

;);):lol:;):lol:

I just wanted you to know that this post in it's entirety was read tonight at our Pep Rally. The President of our school John Shoulders printed this off because he was so impressed and read it in front of all the parents and players.

We had no need for a motivational speaker tonight, and had we had one it would have paled in comparison to these words and the effect we all felt.

Words alone are just words but when they come from the heart like these did, and when they come from personal experience like these did the effect is very dramatic.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us, and for being our friend at a time when friends are so special.

Your Friends,

The Friendship Christian School Commanders

I just wanted you to know that this post in it's entirety was read tonight at our Pep Rally. The President of our school John Shoulders printed this off because he was so impressed and read it in front of all the parents and players.

We had no need for a motivational speaker tonight, and had we had one it would have paled in comparison to these words and the effect we all felt.

Words alone are just words but when they come from the heart like these did, and when they come from personal experience like these did the effect is very dramatic.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this with us, and for being our friend at a time when friends are so special.

Your Friends,

Now I am REAL FARRED UP

Your Friends,

The night before the fight!!

I think this is really going to be a great game.

Were you there tonight?

Course I wuz thare. Come in late though. One of muh hogs got out. Cant eat no steak cause of my teeth so I got me some taters and stood back and listened to them fine words ole Coach Mc said and dat there Shoulders feller.... He's a good un too.

Im so farred up I speck I wont ever sleep

Course I wuz thare. Come in late though. One of muh hogs got out. Cant eat no steak cause of my teeth so I got me some taters and stood back and listened to them fine words ole Coach Mc said and dat there Shoulders feller.... He's a good un too.

Im so farred up I speck I wont ever sleep

I don't think I could possibly be anymore excited