FCS vs JCS

Commander63

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish ya'll wood look at whut I found over on another thread. Ole Slicky Ricky is alive and well.

I'll put it here

Mcwrestler, I (Slick Rick) can tell you this. Friendship should win this game rather handily, but you never know what could happen. You said you have never seen a 1A state championship game. I have been to everyone since the late 80's. I can tell you this, don't be disappointed. Friendship Christian has a good team and Old S.R. and the rest of The Commander Nation are pulling for them to win. 1A is weak this year compared to what it has been. This will be the weakest team to win a championship in 1A in many years. Like I said, Friendship is a good team, but they are not great. We have come accustomed to seeing great teams play in the 1A game, but this year you will not see that. Friendship is very deserving, as is Jackson Christian. I am just saying that in most years these two team would have trouble competing with the 1A powers of the past.

--------------------

SLICK RICK SAYS HE MISSES EVERYONE ON COACHT

I think this could be said of FCS as well. The teams that make it this far are the teams which can get you from any/every direction. That's what makes this so fun... Who is going to step up tomorrow?

Possumtowner---I'm so hurt... The "Campbellite Cup" was my idea. It took me a lot of figerin to come up with that! JaxMan's a great guy but not that original. (Playing with you JaxMan)

Hey at my age I need all the help I can get...it was a catchy term...

A few words of thanks...

To West Tenn Public Schools...

thanks for all the support...I have followed West Tenn football all my life...and always thought it a special thing...but as we have moved deeper into the playoffs and faced teams from other parts of the state I have realized how much they battle over the public/private thing...I know at times you have not liked it as well...but the public outpouring of support has been great...thanks for coming along with us on our run...

To other Privates:

USJ and TCA have been bitter rivals of ours for years...but the kind words on this board by TCA fans and the cookies USJ's AD and Principle brought to our team yesterday have made me realize how classy you both are...

TO local Media...

Thanks for all the coverage in the Sun, on WBBJ, On The Ball...it has been great...101.5's daily cry for our support, JEA Eplus and Lexington Public TV carrying games has been appreciated...and to AM 1390 thanks for covering all our games for the last 3 yrs...

To our Coaches...Thanks to Coach Stewart, Powell, Keller, Hudson, Warren, Morris, Smith, Armour and Cooper...I know you guys have worked your tails off all year...the hours of fils and practice has kept you away from your family but the results are being played out on the field...but more than football thanks for challenging the team to play for something bigger than themselves and wins...thanks for teaching our sons to be young men of character...

To the fans...thanks for huge turnout at home or away...for the booster fees, without which we wouldn't have had a program...

and finally to the Players...

This has been the ride of our life...thanks for the memories...thanks for representing us well on and off the field...for the TD's but more than that for answering the call to give God the glory in everything this year...Friday you will take the field for the biggest game in school history...give it your all...but know regardless of the score you will leave the field winners to us...

Edited by JaxMan

A few words of thanks...

To West Tenn Public Schools...

thanks for all the support...I have followed West Tenn football all my life...and always thought it a special thing...but as we have moved deeper into the playoffs and faced teams from other parts of the state I have realized how much they battle over the public/private thing...I know at times you have not liked it as well...but the public outpouring of support has been great...thanks for coming along with us on our run...

To other Privates:

USJ and TCA have been bitter rivals of ours for years...but the kind words on this board by TCA fans and the cookies USJ's AD and Principle brought to our team yesterday have made me realize how classy you both are...

TO local Media...

Thanks for all the coverage in the Sun, on WBBJ, On The Ball...it has been great...101.5's daily cry for our support, JEA Eplus and Lexington Public TV carrying games has been appreciated...and to AM 1390 thanks for covering all our games for the last 3 yrs...

To our Coaches...Thanks to Coach Stewart, Powell, Keller, Hudson, Warren, Morris, Smith, Armour and Cooper...I know you guys have worked your tails off all year...the hours of fils and practice has kept you away from your family but the results are being played out on the field...but more than football thanks for challenging the team to play for something bigger than themselves and wins...thanks for teaching our sons to be young men of character...

To the fans...thanks for huge turnout at home or away...for the booster fees, without which we wouldn't have had a program...

and finally to the Players...

This has been the ride of our life...thanks for the memories...thanks for represnting us well on and off the field...for the TD's but more than that for answering the call to give God the glory in everything this year...Friday you will take the field for the biggest game in school history...give it your all...but know regardless of the score you will leave the field winners to us...

AMEN!!! JaxMan are you going to the field house at 6:00 to pray the boys and coaches up?

Alright, boys, I have remained fairly silent this week about tomorrow’s Friendship vs. Jackson Christian game for the 2006 Class A State Championship game. I want to congratulate both programs for the wonderful season both have had. It’s been one great ride for all the young men, coaches, and fans but the ride is nearly over.

Now for what I’ve came here to say. I just wanted to pass a little something along to Friendship, whom I will be pulling for tomorrow. Hopefully someone will pass these words on to some of the players, especially the Seniors, as they are words of experience. I was lucky enough to have been a Freshmen way back in 1984 and a member of the State Championship that we won at Gordonsville that season. That’s not what I am going to tell you about. 1987 I was a Senior and according to the people who made the predictions then we were predicted to finish fourth in our district, yes three classes, a district format, and two teams from each go to the playoffs. I can recall things about each and every game. I missed the Friendship game as my father had a sudden aneurysm on game day and passed away two days later. Anyway, we shocked everyone and came out as District Champions. The playoffs rolled around and Monterey was our first round opponent. .Monterey tried a very long field goal as no Class A team had scored on our defense all year long. Second round saw a trip to Nashville and Ezell Harding. The streak of unscored on ended when a tight end caught a pass and rumbled into the end zone. Quarterfinals saw South Pittsburg roll into Gordonsville. A year earlier the Pirates had ended our playoff hopes and emotions were very high especially after the lights were turned off before the spirit tunnel and they came back on just as we busted the banner. A raucous South Pitt Crowd fell silent and 36-0 we were headed towards the Semifinals and who we assumed would be FRA but it was Greenback. I can remember the bus ride, hotel, and team meal. Then off to the field. Stopping Greenback on their first possession and on the first play for our offense a sophomore tailback breaking away on a trap and racing 71 yards for a score. To keep from rambling the scoreboard was not in our favor at the final buzzer.

What I am trying to say is enjoy tomorrow but DO NOT LET THE OPPORTUNITY BEFORE YOU SLIP AWAY! I guarantee the old saying time heals all wounds does not apply. You will remember tomorrow for the rest of your lives. If you don’t attain the goal you wish you will always wonder if there was something you could have done differently to change the outcome. Leave no doubt! Play like it’s your last because for some of you it will be and the others may never pass this way again. Go out and take care of business like you have all season long and things will fall the way you want them to!

Good Luck and God Bless! Go Commanders!

From,

An Old Tiger in Allegany, New York

Friendship – 28

JCS - 15

:huh::thumb::thumb::blink::thumb:

Alright, boys, I have remained fairly silent this week about tomorrow’s Friendship vs. Jackson Christian game for the 2006 Class A State Championship game. I want to congratulate both programs for the wonderful season both have had. It’s been one great ride for all the young men, coaches, and fans but the ride is nearly over.

Now for what I’ve came here to say. I just wanted to pass a little something along to Friendship, whom I will be pulling for tomorrow. Hopefully someone will pass these words on to some of the players, especially the Seniors, as they are words of experience. I was lucky enough to have been a Freshmen way back in 1984 and a member of the State Championship that we won at Gordonsville that season. That’s not what I am going to tell you about. 1987 I was a Senior and according to the people who made the predictions then we were predicted to finish fourth in our district, yes three classes, a district format, and two teams from each go to the playoffs. I can recall things about each and every game. I missed the Friendship game as my father had a sudden aneurysm on game day and passed away two days later. Anyway, we shocked everyone and came out as District Champions. The playoffs rolled around and Monterey was our first round opponent. .Monterey tried a very long field goal as no Class A team had scored on our defense all year long. Second round saw a trip to Nashville and Ezell Harding. The streak of unscored on ended when a tight end caught a pass and rumbled into the end zone. Quarterfinals saw South Pittsburg roll into Gordonsville. A year earlier the Pirates had ended our playoff hopes and emotions were very high especially after the lights were turned off before the spirit tunnel and they came back on just as we busted the banner. A raucous South Pitt Crowd fell silent and 36-0 we were headed towards the Semifinals and who we assumed would be FRA but it was Greenback. I can remember the bus ride, hotel, and team meal. Then off to the field. Stopping Greenback on their first possession and on the first play for our offense a sophomore tailback breaking away on a trap and racing 71 yards for a score. To keep from rambling the scoreboard was not in our favor at the final buzzer.

What I am trying to say is enjoy tomorrow but DO NOT LET THE OPPORTUNITY BEFORE YOU SLIP AWAY! I guarantee the old saying time heals all wounds does not apply. You will remember tomorrow for the rest of your lives. If you don’t attain the goal you wish you will always wonder if there was something you could have done differently to change the outcome. Leave no doubt! Play like it’s your last because for some of you it will be and the others may never pass this way again. Go out and take care of business like you have all season long and things will fall the way you want them to!

Good Luck and God Bless! Go Commanders!

From,

An Old Tiger in Allegany, New York

Friendship – 28

JCS - 15

:huh::thumb::thumb::blink::thumb:

Shoe wee them are mighty fine words rite there old Tiger. Dats got muh blood pumpin. You wuz a playin fer my ole buddy Mark Medley back den I aspeck. He is a fine a fella as dis ole man has ever known. He is a good un and we preciate dem words rite there

Shoe wee them are mighty fine words rite there old Tiger. Dats got muh blood pumpin. You wuz a playin fer my ole buddy Mark Medley back den I aspeck. He is a fine a fella as dis ole man has ever known. He is a good un and we preciate dem words rite there

You danged right Possum about Coach Medley. What he did for Lebanon High deserved more than he was given back from some of the powers that be down there!

I hope FCS wins because I live closer to them than JCS and I kind of like FCS more. But I hope JCS wins because I want the West to win. I think both teams are evenly matched but my gut feeling tells me JCS is going to win. I've only seen FCS play once this year (vs. Hampton) and I personally think they were better last year. However, this is coming from a JBHS fan who thought JBHS could beat both FCS & TC last year after watching the first FCS v. TC game. So basically I don't know what the heck I'm talking about half the time. Either way, it's an unbelievable feat to make it this far so good luck to both teams.