Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

With a name like Glover, its hard to tell what school he/she's associated with. Yet Glover has supported the "Alcoa thrashing GP" premise the entire thread. That makes him an Alcoa fan/supporter. Sorry for the comment if it offended, but you thought his Horsepasture comment was funny. I guess its funny as long as its directed at someone else and not you.

Excuse you..........please tell me where I commented on him being funny?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheRealGeno says that this is going to be a good game.

I say Goodpasture is the ONLY team in 2A that has a chance to compete.

The RealGeno thinks that Alcoa is just a beast of a team.

I think that Alcoa will still win, but Goodpasture is a quality team with a quality coaching staff.

TheRealGeno has much respect for Coach Martin and his staff. They do a tremendous job.

Me and the Real Geno are both on the same page, although i will be cheering my rear end off for the Cougars.

Does anyone know the reasons for Rankin coming to Alcoa ?? Financial increase ?? Was he just tired of Riverdale ?? This might have been addressed in the past, but I would love to hear again.

I expect Alcoa will roll. The only chance GP has is if Alcoa gets sloppy and turns the ball over 3-4 times on the wrong end of the field. They can be beat but it would take a real effort and a belief by GP that they can do it. 2A is not very tough for Alcoa right now IMO. Good luck to both teams, but I’m looking for that gold ball to come home to Blount County.

Welcome back! Where ya been???

Congrats on the great post without even mentioning Maryville once!!! :o

Edited by tornadogold

The kid that refused to shake Shiverdecker's hand while he said that we did not have a chance was #74 Mark Fisher....OG and DT/DE....he was rude and disrespectful and showed 0 class and the players there laughed at the alcoa kids

I'm very disappointed to hear that. Glad that the Alcoa boys kept their heads and didn't stoop down to that level.

Me and the Real Geno are both on the same page, although i will be cheering my rear end off for the Cougars.

Does anyone know the reasons for Rankin coming to Alcoa ?? Financial increase ?? Was he just tired of Riverdale ?? This might have been addressed in the past, but I would love to hear again.

the story is that he wanted out of Murfreesboro...wanted a small town atmosphere for his kids to go to school. Alcoa came open, they came up and looked around, $ was right, so he took it.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. That's what we were told, anyway.

Hartsvillehyena, Whats up with the guy from east Tennessee not knowing who Troy Fleming is, must not be a Vol fan. I would say Shiverdecker is very comparable to Santonio Beard. I think this is going to be a close game, but Goodpasture will come out with a Championship. Those Goodpasture boys have to much heart as well as talent. Alcoa has a great team but they will have to settle with runner-up.

Sorry; i was out in the west raising my family at the time; having a real life.

Now that i don't have one and am back in E. Tn., here i am on coacht talkin about high school f'ball. :o

I'm very disappointed to hear that. Glad that the Alcoa boys kept their heads and didn't stoop down to that level.

I dont believe for a second that the GP kids were laughing at Alcoa players, who cares if Fisher didnt shake Shiv's hand, would you want to shake someone's hand if they humiliated your team a year earlier ?? Every encounter I ever had with a rival team back in high school almost always ended up in a verbal dispute or fight of some sort, you gotta remember we're talking about high school kids who sometimes dont use the best judgement. How boring would a boxing weigh in be if the two fighters shook each other's hand then went out and grabbed a bite to eat together. At this point the only thing that should motivate each of these teams is that gold football.

I dont believe for a second that the GP kids were laughing at Alcoa players, who cares if Fisher didnt shake Shiv's hand, would you want to shake someone's hand if they humiliated your team a year earlier ?? Every encounter I ever had with a rival team back in high school almost always ended up in a verbal dispute or fight of some sort, you gotta remember we're talking about high school kids who sometimes dont use the best judgement. How boring would a boxing weigh in be if the two fighters shook each other's hand then went out and grabbed a bite to eat together. At this point the only thing that should motivate each of these teams is that gold football.

Who cares???? Probably nobody, but it simply shows respect and in my opinion showing respects means a lot whether you are a football player, boxer whatever, to get respect one must show some and obviously he didn't show any. Yet we will show respect for we are a respectable team.

ALL THE WAY BIG A!!!!!

Edited by Vettasue