Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

I expect Alcoa will roll. The only chance GP has is if Alcoa gets sloppy and turns the ball over 3-4 times on the wrong end of the field. They can be beat but it would take a real effort and a belief by GP that they can do it. 2A is not very tough for Alcoa right now IMO. Good luck to both teams, but I’m looking for that gold ball to come home to Blount County.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post, but we first played Goodpasture in 1978. Maryville was just up the road at Vandy handing it to Brentwood Academy. I was a 7th grader and my cousin was one of the stars on the team. I can remember the line of cars from Blount County (Maryville and Alcoa) heading back home after the games. Still gives me chill bumps. No one, and I mean no one from other parts in the state understand what it means to play at these two schools. Just totally unbelievable if you look at the history in this county. I went to college in the Nashville area and would occasionally bring fraternity brothers back to the "game" and they just couldn't believe the fanfare and excitement. Anyway, I will never forget that night in Nashville. Glen Sankey knocked out their "stud" Tight End who went on to start at Vandy. The Goodpasture folks were class acts as they fed the Alcoa folks afterwards in their gym. Johnny Cash was there as his son was a student at Goodpasture.

I played in that game as well as the 77 championship all I can say is that was one of the most exciting games that I participated in-from the bus ride and hotel stay to the game ,man that field was like a pasture for sure lol but the GP hospitality was top notch and if the folks at GP have that same type of character then they have much respect from me. This sure brings back great memories-I remember the knock out hit, but I'm not sure if it was Glen who delivered it even though Sankey could bring the heat...I remember a great cut back block that I made along the sideline to help free Dutchy for one of his longest runs of the game :thumb: man I'm getting warm n fuzzy anyway as far as this game is concerned I'll be flyin in to witness it first hand-there simply is nothing like Blount County High school football! The forcast T O R N A D O WARNING!!! Go Alcoa and as we use to say in the 70's "shoot those silver bullets!" BTW who is your cousin?

Edited by alcoafan72

You have the good, the real good, and the next level. Alcoa is the next level as you will find out soon enough. I feel a real thumping coming on. I am not meaning negative thoughts here just football at a very high level.

I think Alcoa could play with anybody in 3A. The Tornadoes need to keep what's rightfully theirs. Or better yet, give Alcoa the 2A title.

alcoafan72: singular: tornado; plural: tornadoes :thumb:

If Marsh74 says that's what happened, then it happened. Since it came from him, I don't doubt it. For people to come on here and say it would never happen is a joke. That's like saying your own kid is perfect and would never do anything wrong. Especially if you weren't there. And, don't ask him to name names on the forum...that's ridiculous. Not to worry, the boys will get their revenge on the field.

Hope it's a clean, injury-free game. Everybody have a safe trip to the 'Boro on Friday.

Alcoa will play hard, play clean, and PLAY TO WIN!!!

alcoafan72: singular: tornado; plural: tornadoes :D

If Marsh74 says that's what happened, then it happened. Since it came from him, I don't doubt it. For people to come on here and say it would never happen is a joke. That's like saying your own kid is perfect and would never do anything wrong. Especially if you weren't there. And, don't ask him to name names on the forum...that's ridiculous. Not to worry, the boys will get their revenge on the field.

Hope it's a clean, injury-free game. Everybody have a safe trip to the 'Boro on Friday.

check :thumb:

alcoafan72: singular: tornado; plural: tornadoes :D

Hey tornadogold can you check and edit this group psychotherapy paper for me :thumb: